Reds Vs Cardinals

UK Bengal

I'm down on Bailey, but I want him to do well.

It just doesn't seem to happen that way more often then not.

If he can at least be a solid part of the rotation, I will be happy.

Anyone thinking he's still capable of being the ace of the staff is fooling themselves.

Nice to see someone willing to start a series thread should I not get to it !!!

I'm down on Bailey, but I want him to do well.

It just doesn't seem to happen that way more often then not.

If he can at least be a solid part of the rotation, I will be happy.

Anyone thinking he's still capable of being the ace of the staff is fooling themselves.

Nice to see someone willing to start a series thread should I not get to it !!!

Your welcome :sure:

Season lost ?? Sh*t no, I expect them to be in it through the whole season.

However, when our starting pitcher gives up 3 dingers in the first freakin' inning and places his team in a 4-0 hole before they even come up to bat, yeah, i'm not happy about it. Given my displeasure for Bailey, i'm surprised I didn't get on here and blow his ass up. He did settle down and got no help from the bats. Then in comes Arredondo and looks liks sh*t as well. Just a really bad game. Lets hope they can shake it off...

Crap! I thought we traded away the kncklehead SP that could not get out of the first inning without giving up a HR.

If Bailey doesnt turn his career around quickly(like within the next 2 starts), I want Francis brought up to replace him.

What a frustrating way to start against a division rival.

Problem is it wasnt all Bailey, four walks in the first two innings and not a single runner made it to third base. :frustrated:

Problem is it wasnt all Bailey, four walks in the first two innings and not a single runner made it to third base. :frustrated:

Yep...3 hits in a game isn't usually going to get it done.

Last night was a total team letdown. It's like the Cardinals intimidate the Reds.

Yep...3 hits in a game isn't usually going to get it done.

Last night was a total team letdown. It's like the Cardinals intimidate the Reds.

No, it's like the Reds had a bad night. It's baseball. It happens.

I don't think the problem is any deep-seeded psychological thing. The offense has started the season ice cold. That doesn't figure to continue.

Right. I think it will. The Reds are right there in the 5th, 6th best team in the NL. I just don't see the Reds matching up with the Cardinals. They look like a much more disciplined and focused team. The Reds do not and when they do it is in spurts.

I think things can and will change there Hokie, but I certainly understand the frustration.

Hopefully they pull things together sooner rather than later.

When it comes down to it, I very much appreciate the willingness of the ownership to invest making moves to win. However, there is a vast overestimation of talent on this roster. The team is not as good as "we want it to be". I could go on and on about Baker but he's only part of the problem. It's good to see the moves to get Latos and Marshall, the extension of Votto, I'm on the fence about Phillips. But does anyone think we're going to compete in the end with Arroyo, Bailey, Arredondo, Masset, and Simon pitching a huge chunk of our innings? Does anyone see all of the sudden consistent play from Stubbs, Bruce, Rolen, Heisey, etc? I don't.