Reds Vs Cardinals

UK Bengal

I'm willing to be patient in this long baseball season, but IMO we need to stop giving up runs in the 1st inning of games.

What a novel idea. Hope Cueto can continue what he had going in the first game, we need a shutdown outing. This is his second test as the ace, can he stop a losing streak. I wish this game was going to be on TV.

I think things can and will change there Hokie, but I certainly understand the frustration.

Hopefully they pull things together sooner rather than later.

When it comes down to it, I very much appreciate the willingness of the ownership to invest making moves to win. However, there is a vast overestimation of talent on this roster. The team is not as good as "we want it to be". I could go on and on about Baker but he's only part of the problem. It's good to see the moves to get Latos and Marshall, the extension of Votto, I'm on the fence about Phillips. But does anyone think we're going to compete in the end with Arroyo, Bailey, Arredondo, Masset, and Simon pitching a huge chunk of our innings? Does anyone see all of the sudden consistent play from Stubbs, Bruce, Rolen, Heisey, etc? I don't.

Yep, pitching is going to remain an issue for this team and the pitchers listed certainly have their concerns.

Arroyo and Bailey are my biggest concerns considering they are starters, but the relievers have their nicks as well.

How many years has left field been an issue for this team and they keep trotting out the same stuff in the hopes of it getting better. Ludwick was brought in and I think that was an improvement, but that's not very hard to improve over what we have. Consistency would be a good thing from the rest of the outfielders, I will agree with that.

All that being said, I won't get to upset with the state of things unless we are so far behind come the break, it's pointless to continue. Then they will really need to consider what's happening. I don't think they can afford to not have a winning team when you consider the contracts they are handing out. Sooner or later tickets prices are going to go up and they already don't get much support.