Aloha! Pro Bowl Game Thread

HoosierCat

I wouldn't say it "proves" anything at all. That game was a farce.

It always is. This year was the worst from the replays I've watched on ESPN. MLB's All Star game means something. This Pro Bowl Game is nothing close to that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were a couple of times were it looked like Geno had the QB in his sights but seemed to let up.

I'm sure it's a nice reward for the players after a long season but the first quarter was a joke. I gotta hand it to the two punt coverage guys from pittsburgh putting out a good effort and big hit on the punt. That seemed to wake some people up.

Cam did have a nice TD pass to Steve Smith but he seemed a little too casual out there and it affected some of his throws. Andy was aided by the circus catch by Marshall but overall he still looked good.

It was nice to see the locals play well with their peers. I think we have something to look forward to next season.

They should just make the Pro Bowl a thing where they name the players that were worthy based on their performance during the season and then send them and their families on vacation without really playing a game. The crowd was booing the lack of effort and I think I would have been pissed had I actually paid money to watch that.

No, I don't care that it's a huge collection of great players. I want to see them play.

Do they need to kill each other out there ?? No, but some effort would be nice.

I don't want to see WR's playing CB and QB's attempting drop kicks.

Congrats to the Bengals players who made it and I hope they were able to talk to some other of the pro bowlers to get some advice. Now get ready for next year because we are going to kick their ass.

They should just make the Pro Bowl a thing where they name the players that were worthy based on their performance during the season and then send them and their families on vacation without really playing a game. The crowd was booing the lack of effort and I think I would have been pissed had I actually paid money to watch that.

More importantly, I would be pissed if I were a company that had paid $$$ to advertise during that game.

If the NFL isn't going to step in and make them put in at least some effort, then they ought to just change it straight out to a flag football game.

So what do you think will get higher ratings? The Pro Bowl or the Puppy Bowl this weekend?

Since the Pro Bowl got higher ratings than the MLB All Star Game, I'm going with Pro Bowl.

That is interesting. I guess that shows why they keep it.

I watched less than 5 mins of it. They try harder in a preseason game in Aug. It goes to show that the NFL is so popular folks will watch whatever crap they put on

Dimster, if you are in fact older then you should surely be able to remember a time when defenses were allowed to actually rush the passer. Even since they have started to let up a bit, i've never seen it like it was in this game where the defenders came off the snap by standing up and putting thier arms in the air to put "pressure" on the QB. It was sad. It was also the first time I can ever recall the audience in attendance actually booing the so called effort of the players.

No excuses ?? Well, not on the part of the players.

Hell, even Aaron Rodgers called out the NFC players for doing that in the game and said it was embarrassing.