If we can see it...

Spor_tees

It's mind numbing to me that we can have another dalton-led, exciting road win and the first thing you do is open a thread complaining. Livings got blown up a lot. Their D-line seemed to be coming off sides a lot. We couldn't run the ball at all. I get all that and it's all frustrating to me (1st qtr timeout to save delay of game penalty etc).

It just takes the fun out of the room to come to the board right after the game only to find more complaining. That's all I'm saying. So, in an effort to be part of the solution and not just announce the problem, here are some thread discussions that would have been awesomer than this one after a victory:

AJ Green is a Monster

Gresham is clutch

Gruden keeping us on our toes

Icy-veined Dalton

Defense looks scary

I couldn't be happier we won today. We were underdogs yet expected to win and we got it done. Dalton-Green make it real easy to forget carson-chad recently. Hope they can keep this production up.

Green has to be the favorite to win ROY at this point, right?

Any win is a good win, and I am really happy it happened. Green is a stud (on my fantasy team) and I am glad to see Gresham (also on my fantasy team) making appearances and contributing. I guess I see the gameday thread as the celebration thread when the team wins, and then after an hour or so I do what I have always been taught in sports, I look at the next game. I was always taught that once a game is over the only time you reflect on it again might be in the film room when you go over the plays and try to correct the mistakes you made, and review what successes you had and what worked.

So honestly when I open these threads it isn't intended as a bash fest on what happened in the game necessarily, but more like the result of a game film session when you find what you need to fix to be successful for next week.

IMO and I am sure there are plenty of people out there that will agree, this was not a great Jacksonville Jaguars team, in fact they ranked near the bottom of the league in offense. Yet the Bengals took home a close victory in an away stadium. Though it wasn't an impressive win, any time you can win on the road is a good win. Fact of the matter is, if the Bengals played like that against a team like Baltimore, they would get blown out of the water. That's why I look for points of improvement.

Yeah I understand I have lots of questions, and not many answers, and yeah I can't change anything, but isn't that what part of being a fan is all about? The armchair moments? How do you feel when you tell a buddy, 'Hey they should run this play right here,' and they do and something good happens? You feel great right?

IMO and I am sure there are plenty of people out there that will agree, this was not a great Jacksonville Jaguars team, in fact they ranked near the bottom of the league in offense. Yet the Bengals took home a close victory in an away stadium. Though it wasn't an impressive win, any time you can win on the road is a good win. Fact of the matter is, if the Bengals played like that against a team like Baltimore, they would get blown out of the water. That's why I look for points of improvement.

They may have ranked near the bottom of the league on offense, but they had the 12th ranked D coming into this game, so it isn't like the guys on the o-line you are criticizing were facing the equivalent of Larry, Moe and Curly. Let's also add in that the Jags were playing for their season -- and we just destroyed it. Marvin quite probably got his buddy Jack canned today. No, we got everything that the Jags had today, and had they not imploded in the last few minutes, our Bengals would be 2-3 right now.

Not an impressive win? Sorry, I have to call BS on that one. This is exactly the kind of game the Bengals routinely lose: they are the better team but the other guys' backs are against the wall and they "save their season" at least for a week with a W. And they did this in crappy conditions on the road.

If by "not impressive" you mean a win that's not going to get a lot of notice, you're probably right. But personally I think they took a big step forward today. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going next week.

If by "not impressive" you mean a win that's not going to get a lot of notice, you're probably right. But personally I think they took a big step forward today. Hopefully they can keep the momentum going next week.

This. This was not a season defining win that is going to make the media raise their heads. It's a win that many predicted and will simply lump into the Bengals other victories when making statements. Next week announcers aren't going to say something like, "The Bengals are coming into today's game after an impressive road victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars." You're more than likely to hear, "The Bengals are coming into today's game with a two game winning streak including last weeks road win over a struggling Jacksonville Jaguar team."

I'm not discounting this win as a win, cause like I said as well, it came on the road. What my point is, this team can't expect to play like that and beat a top tier team like Baltimore. Believe it or not, I have high hopes for this team. I think they can do more than what the pundits say they can. I guess I have that problem like Todd Marinivch's dad had, where I always want to see more and an improvement from week to week. It's probably unhealthy, as seen by Todd Marinovich's career, but that's just how I am. Maybe I am OCD, but I always expect people to give 100% and get better, and when someone can't get better, you find someone else who can.

I don't need to grade every play to see Livings getting blown up at the line of scrimmage. How embarrassed is he going to be in film sessions watching the sack play.

Well, you are grading his entire game based on one play. Doesn't that strike you as a little unbalanced? I give you evidence from someone who was willing to do the legwork... and your response is "But did you see that one play? That sucked!"

Child, Please.

After every win you start one of these threads where you decide you want to have a bitch session about things you seem relatively uneducated about... and it's more than a little old.

Applause.

It's mind numbing to me that we can have another dalton-led, exciting road win and the first thing you do is open a thread complaining. Livings got blown up a lot. Their D-line seemed to be coming off sides a lot. We couldn't run the ball at all. I get all that and it's all frustrating to me (1st qtr timeout to save delay of game penalty etc).

It just takes the fun out of the room to come to the board right after the game only to find more complaining. That's all I'm saying. So, in an effort to be part of the solution and not just announce the problem, here are some thread discussions that would have been awesomer than this one after a victory:

AJ Green is a Monster

Gresham is clutch

Icy-veined Dalton

Defense looks scary

I couldn't be happier we won today. We were underdogs yet expected to win and we got it done. Dalton-Green make it real easy to forget carson-chad recently. Hope they can keep this production up.

Applause to the first two thoughts. Couldn't agree more.

As for the last thought, it's gonna be Newton. He has unreal press and the early numbers should carry him.

But Green and Dalton should be 2 and 3 in the voting.

AJ Green is a Monster

Gresham is clutch

Icy-veined Dalton

Defense looks scary

Applause to the first two thoughts. Couldn't agree more.

As for the last thought, it's gonna be Newton. He has unreal press and the early numbers should carry him.

But Green and Dalton should be 2 and 3 in the voting.

Dont they do one for the NFC and the AFC? Maybe Green will get that one at least.

What I don't get is why people like to keep saying that this is the same o-line we had in '09. Yeah, I get the obvious point to it, but they aren't doing the same thing the way they did then. You can't forget that Bratkowski was the OC calling the shots then and you certainly can't forget that was the year everything TE sucked monster donkey balls. They all got hurt and we had a slew of no names doing nothing. We saw the TE position being occupied by another big OL, which opened up some ungodly holes that a truck could have driven through untouched. Things just aren't that way anymore and the comparison is old.

While I think, they need to spend some time on how to draft an o-lineman or two for the future earlier than the 4th or 5th round, i'm not going to be complaining that much about what i'm seeing at this point. They are about where I thought they would be when looking at the schedule at the start of the season and they only have time to get better. Hopefully Dalton continues learning each week.

I still expect them to struggle with facing a fairly challenging schedule in the coming weeks, but i'm going to continue to enjoy watching this team week in and week out. Dalton, Green, Gresham, the defense ?? Yeah, i'm having some fun.

Green is definitely getting lost in all the Cam craziness. But Green's performance has been remarkable nonetheless. He's leading all rookie receivers in yards and he's just 8 yards short of being in the top 10 of all receivers league-wide (and just 25 yards short of ranking 6th behind Larry Fitzgerald). And he's already got more yards and TDs that Chad did his rookie year.

I forgot about von miller groundswell. Is RoY for both sides of ball? If so, miller ahead of green and dalton too I would wager.

Von Miller got benched part way through the game yesterday.

AJ Green is playing every bit as well as Calvin Johnson did as a rookie. He should be the front-runner in the AFC.

To be clear, I was speaking in terms of media coverage and hype to this point. And miller has gotten a s**t-ton of both.

I don't think there are individual ROY awards for each conference. There's one for each side of the ball, leaguewide. Newton and Miller are probably miles ahead right now.

i think green and dalton are starting to get some attention for roty. yea cam has had some nice game stats wise. andy has 2 4th q comeback wins. win are the bottom line correct? if they keep it and some how pull of a winning season. the patherns and broncos keep losing. they almost have to pick andy or green.

I don't think there are individual ROY awards for each conference. There's one for each side of the ball, leaguewide. Newton and Miller are probably miles ahead right now.

i think green and dalton are starting to get some attention for roty. yea cam has had some nice game stats wise. andy has 2 4th q comeback wins. win are the bottom line correct? if they keep it and some how pull of a winning seas

on. the panthers and broncos keep losing. they almost have to pick andy or green.

The national media is in love with Newton. Hopefully Dalton will maintain this output and keep winning the close ones. Eventually he will get the credit he deserves if he plays like he has. Staying in contention will help while Newtons sucky team can't help his cause.

i think green and dalton are starting to get some attention for roty. yea cam has had some nice game stats wise. andy has 2 4th q comeback wins. win are the bottom line correct? if they keep it and some how pull of a winning seas

on. the panthers and broncos keep losing. they almost have to pick andy or green.

The national media is in love with Newton. Hopefully Dalton will maintain this output and keep winning the close ones. Eventually he will get the credit he deserves if he plays like he has. Staying in contention will help while Newtons sucky team can't help his cause.

As you know, when it comes to awards the final record of a team contributes heavily into who wins the individual awards. If Dalton keeps doing what he is doing, and the Bengals were to sneak into the playoffs, it would be far from a possibility that he could beat out Newton for ROY. I seriously doubt Newton is going to be able to keep up the pace he is going now. What I find really intriguing is what pieces is Carolina missing to become a contender. They have 2 good running backs, A good receiver, and a plethora of Tight ends. The offensive line isn't bad, and they still have some good players on defense. So come draft time do they draft all linemen and defensive players? Do they draft another WR to go opposite Steve Smith or do they dip into the free agent market? As shown in another thread, they are close to the cap so they will have to be frugal next year, so what will they be able to do? We will soon see.