Bengals-Steelers Game Thread

HoosierCat

On a timing route he's counting on Chad to be where he's throwing the ball. If Chad's not there, you see what can happen.

Puhleeze. :rolleyes: What happened is the Steelers are reading Palmer like a book. He read the eyes and jumped the route plain and simple.

Who's calling these telegraphed TIMING routes? True or false. Timing routes require 2 players to be in synch.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a timing route he's counting on Chad to be where he's throwing the ball. If Chad's not there, you see what can happen.

Puhleeze. :rolleyes: What happened is the Steelers are reading Palmer like a book. He read the eyes and jumped the route plain and simple.

Exactly!!!!! Look everyone can blame Brat all you want, but he is not the one throwing the ball. Carson dosnt have to force passes, he can look elsewhere or throw the ball away. I dont like brat just as much as everyone else, but Carson needs to be blamed for the throws he makes.

Who's calling these telegraphed TIMING routes? True or false. Timing routes require 2 players to be in synch.

It wasn't a timing route it was a hot read. The Steelers were showing blitz and Palmer went for the quick toss to the outside. Only the Steelers didn't blitz, so it got picked. LeBeau watching film and seeing that blitz call, which we've made and gotten picked before this year? Palmer too quick on the draw? You can argue it either way.

True. Had not that defensive player knew where Carson was throwing the ball, it would have been a complete pass. :lol:

My stance is this: You can hoot and damn hollar for a new QB. That's fine. I'm screaming for a ***damn new OL and OC. When some "new" FA or college QB comes in here with the same system don't be shocked when he gets his ass handed to him.

Palmer deserves alot of the blame. Yes. I would bet however, his play will improve with the above mentioned. Run Palmer out of town and I guarantee we will suck throughly for at least 3 years.

My stance is this: You can hoot and damn hollar for a new QB. That's fine. I'm screaming for a ***damn new OL and OC. When some "new" FA or college QB comes in here with the same system don't be shocked when he gets his ass handed to him.

Palmer deserves alot of the blame. Yes. I would bet however, his play will improve with the above mentioned. Run Palmer out of town and I guarantee we will suck throughly for at least 3 years.

Yup.

Defense has a reason to suck with the injurys we've had but the offense is just down right patheic for it having every single starter.

palmer in no longer a franchise QB - I am not saying run him out, but the Bengals need a backup plan.

Agreed He needs to earn his spot like everyone else though offense needs a overhaul so may as well look at QB's too

palmer in no longer a franchise QB - I am not saying run him out, but the Bengals need a backup plan.

His little brother aint it.

I see no reason why this team wont suck for the next 3 years.

Show me different Bengals.

Yep i agree im not saying run Palmer out of town, but time for a backup plan. Palmer is not getting any younger, and i dont see this team being any good for the next couple years. Its time for new coaches here, they had there chance, and they have failed. So its time to start with some new blood, and i just dont see a winning season for alittle bit.

It's not all on Carson but if were rebuilding the offense...But I have to say I hate Alexander as much as I hate Brat....Just start Mathis livings is terrible ><

good news is that Detroit and Buffalo won, Securing us for the 2 seed even more.

Ya it's a shame panthers are in same boat we are ><