Ricky Williams retired

This is just further proof of how wasted the entire '99 draft was. - First we're offered 10 picks by the Saints to move up to our 3rd spot to get Ricky .

- We Say no and draft Akili bankrupting our team for the next 5 seasons.

- The Saints trade him after 3 seasons for only 2 draft picks to the Dolphins.

- Then Williams re-ups his deal into the multi-millions he deserved after letting Master P- do his rookie contract !

- Then like the Chump he was Ricky goes and retires so he can go to europe and take pictures ....??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You smell that...? Smell what..? YOu sure you don't smell that..? , Oh Yeah, I smell it now..

SMELLS LIKE PU**Y !!

Let's hope he's done.

No Williams, Zack at half speed, Ogunleye maybe sitting out til week 8, McMicheal with legal woes....Might make for a better shot at a W for the Fins Sunday night game than the last one the Bengals played.

Yeah, but I don't want to see us win due to their problems. I'd rather see us beat them at full strength, and have something to really bost about.

Williams was a good player, and I'm not too thrilled to see him go.

True. Watching Williams was like watching Earl Campbell except for the getting tackled by the hair part.

Still, the Fins troubles are fine by me. Same with the Ravens. Anything to get the edge for a 3-1 start while Carson learns the ropes. Plus, the Fins are looking like wildcard comp and the Ravens are obviously the team to beat in the North.

There wil be no shortage of grudge matches this year.

I knew Ricky Williams was nuts, but now I know he's a damn dirty liar as well. This is just pathetic. He signed a contract...He should have to pay the dolphins back his entire signing bonus, plus the Dolphins should sue him for damages as he has put a huge blow to their hopes of making the playoffs, or even winning games.

He has a signed contract...He needs to stand up and be a man of his word.

I knew Ricky Williams was nuts, but now I know he's a damn dirty liar as well. This is just pathetic. He signed a contract...He should have to pay the dolphins back his entire signing bonus, plus the Dolphins should sue him for damages as he has put a huge blow to their hopes of making the playoffs, or even winning games.

As true as these words are kevnz, I wouldn't advise holding my breath until they come true! ^_^

As true as these words are kevnz, I wouldn't advise holding my breath until they come true! ^_^

Well, I don't know. I mean I don't see williams doing anything to give back the money he stole from Miami. But I can see some team in the near future taking a player to court...The Lions fought Barry Sanders pretty hard and he had to give back some of his money. But I think the Dophins have a real shot at proving damages at not having Williams play. I mean they went from having a shot at the playoffs, to not having a hope in hell.

According to Chris Mortenson :

Ricky Williams may have been upset about the 4 game checks = to 650,000 dollars he would have had to pay the NFL about his second positive test for Marijuana.

It appears that Williams has been quite vocal about his " personal beliefs " differing from the NFL's drug policy and has admitted in the past that he has been drinking what he called " a magic solution " that other NFL players use to mask drug tests. Williams has been vocal about how intrusive random drug testing would be to him if he adhered to the suspensions and fines.

--- So let me get this straight..? .. A hem.... This damn fool may have left the NFL so he can " FEEL FREE " go take pictures in Asia and Europe, and smoke Weed..???

Please don't ever insult Earl Campbell again comparing this MORE-ON to him.. :lol::lol:

Please don't ever insult Earl Campbell again comparing this MORE-ON to him.. :lol::lol:

That is unjust to Earl.

Watching Williams was like watching Billy Sims, except for the getting tackled by the hair part.

Well, maybe there was a Thanksgiving game where Sims did get tackled by the fro sticking out of his earhole. :P

that's the dumbest thing i've ever read.

ricky's basically doing to the dolphins what teams do to players all the time: cut them loose with no notice. players sign NFL contracts all the time... then they get cut. by your logic shouldn't the teams be "men of their words" and let the players serve out their contracts? or it only works one way? :rolleyes:

let him do what he wants, i'll admit the time is a little shabby but all in all, good for him for doing what he wants not what other people want him to do for their own selfish reasons.

This is just further proof of how wasted the entire '99 draft was. - First we're offered 10 picks by the Saints to move up to our 3rd spot to get Ricky .

- We Say no and draft Akili bankrupting our team for the next 5 seasons.

- The Saints trade him after 3 seasons for only 2 draft picks to the Dolphins.

- Then Williams re-ups his deal into the multi-millions he deserved after letting Master P- do his rookie contract !

- Then like the Chump he was Ricky goes and retires so he can go to europe and take pictures ....??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You smell that...? Smell what..? YOu sure you don't smell that..? , Oh Yeah, I smell it now..

SMELLS LIKE PU**Y !!

NOW YOU ALL KNOW WHY THE AINTS SUPPOSEDLY WASTED THEIR 2001(?) PICK ON DEUCE MCCALLISTER!!!!!

It's because Ricky Williams was THAT MUCH OF A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!

Maybe now that Ricky has retired, maybe he has more time for dating transsexuals in the Miami Area??? It has been more of a rumor that Ricky is indeed gay. He's been caught out in public with various guys dressed up as girls more than once.

Or maybe he has more time for getting speeding tickets by driving 115 MPH on I-95???

How about time for smoking more dope??? He definitely has the bling to be the potheaded jackass that we all know him to be.

Don't worry, you won't see him very much in public, due to the anxiety levels.

:lol::lol:

What a time to give your team notice for retirement. What a total jackass!!! Right before Training Camp opens!!! I'd sue his ass if I were the Dolphins.

I'll agree Chrish--now the 1999 Draft seems a little more wasted, doesn't it??? However, on the flipside, Mike Brown would have just f**ked up those 10-11 picks the Bungles would have received from the Aints. His first selection would have still been Akillme.

I rest my case.

ricky's basically doing to the dolphins what teams do to players all the time: cut them loose with no notice. players sign NFL contracts all the time... then they get cut. by your logic shouldn't the teams be "men of their words" and let the players serve out their contracts? or it only works one way? :rolleyes:

let him do what he wants, i'll admit the time is a little shabby but all in all, good for him for doing what he wants not what other people want him to do for their own selfish reasons.

I agree, Ricky doesnt owe ownership much at all, its the nature of the buisness. But, I do think hes a jackass towards his teammates. They are the ones that will suffer as a result of not having any options at RB this year. Now that the draft and free agency and even Eddie George are off the table. And I too wouldnt be shocked if he came back in a month with his pads on ready to play.

my friend thinks the reason he went and did it was because he does smoke weed, but he thinks the real reason he is retiring is because hes going to come out of the closet.

A team does honor the contracts they sign, but if the player doesn't perform up to their contract pay level then yeah, they get the boot. How many players get cut actually shouldn't have got cut? How many big contract guys that are cut every year are actually worth what the team would have to pay them? Gimme a break. There is even a legal precident for giving back part of a signing bonus, cause Barry Sanders had to pay back the Lions part of his bonus. And why shouldn't the Dolphins sue him? How many games will they lose cause he isn't on the team? How many tickets will they not sell now? Could home games be blacked out? Could they miss the playoffs? All legit damages that they could sue him for.

At least when players get cut, they almost always know ahead of time. How many times has a player been cut and already had a contract with another team? Besides, if a vet get's cut after training camp the team has to pay him a full years wage. How many other professions get that? Your gone, and here's the next years salary?

The NFL is a professional business, and as such the players should act like professionals and not spoiled little babies.

The REAL reason he "retired":

Williams fails third drug test

By DAN LE BATARD

dlebatard@herald.com

Even if retired Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams changes his mind and decides to return to football this season, he will be forced to serve a four-game suspension after failing a third drug test for marijuana use.

Williams admitted Thursday that marijuana played a larger role in his retirement than he originally indicated, and that he learned of a third failed test and upcoming suspension just days before informing Coach Dave Wannstedt of his decision to quit football.

Williams said, however, that there were ''a hundred reasons'' for his retirement and that his desire to continue smoking marijuana without inhibition was merely one of them. He said he was not addicted to the drug, but merely that he didn't believe in government and NFL laws banning it. He said he had already decided to quit football even before testing positive a second time for marijuana use last season and incurring a $650,000 fine.He appealed that fine, flying to New York to argue his case before an arbiter with his attorney, but received word last week that his appeal had been denied. While the appeal was pending, Williams said he continued smoking marijuana while on tour with rocker Lenny Kravitz and Europe and failed a third test upon his return. He said he had been using a masking agent to cleanse his system while being randomly tested for two season, but said he didn't even bother before the last such test after returning from Europe.

''I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test,'' he said. ``I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football.''

Williams said the Dolphins didn't know of his third failed test or even the results of his appealed second one. NFL confidentiality rules prevent teams from commenting on player drug issues, with a possible penalty of $500,000.

Williams failed his first drug test soon after arriving in Miami in 2002. He spent much of his two seasons with the Dolphins in the league's drug program, seeing a therapist weekly and subjected to eight to 10 random urine tests a month at his home.

Williams said he continued smoking throughout his time as Dolphins, stopping only for a month here and there, but passed random tests by drinking 32 ounces of a masking agent called Extra Clean and chasing it quickly with 32 ounces of water. Upon retirement, Williams originally said that he hadn't learned yet of the results of his appeal and that the NFL's drug rules didn't run him off but rather merely reinforced that his lifestyle didn't belong in the regimented football world.

Williams, who suffers from social-anxiety disorder and was a spokesperson for the anti-depressant Paxil, said marijuana helped him once he had to stop using Paxil because it didn't agree with his diet.

''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said.

Williams said he doesn't see anything wrong with marijuana because it is ''just a plant'' and his hero, Bob Marley, admitted to smoking it daily. Williams has Marley tattooes all over his body, named his first child Marley and is friends with Marley's children.