Throwing It All Away

HairOnFire

Terrell Owens most targeted receiver in the NFL

Posted at 3:17 PM on Fri., Dec. 3, 2010

SportsDayDFW sports

Ex-Cowboy Terrell Owens wants the ball. Well, he's getting it.

T.O. is the most targeted wide receiver in the NFL this season. Owens, of the Cincinnati Bengals, has been thrown to 124 times, but has caught the ball just 65 times (52.4%).

Teammate Chad Ochocinco has been targeted 103 times and has caught just 54 passes (52.4%).

Only one wide receiver in the NFL (Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals -- 48.4%) has a worse catch percentage among wide receivers with 100 throws targeted to him.

Terrell Owens most targeted receiver in the NFL

Posted at 3:17 PM on Fri., Dec. 3, 2010

SportsDayDFW sports

Ex-Cowboy Terrell Owens wants the ball. Well, he's getting it.

T.O. is the most targeted wide receiver in the NFL this season. Owens, of the Cincinnati Bengals, has been thrown to 124 times, but has caught the ball just 65 times (52.4%).

Teammate Chad Ochocinco has been targeted 103 times and has caught just 54 passes (52.4%).

Only one wide receiver in the NFL (Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals -- 48.4%) has a worse catch percentage among wide receivers with 100 throws targeted to him.

I think both the Bengals and Cardinals need new QB's.

I agree, we need a new QB. One that is more mobile! I heard that fans are trashing Palmers yard (his home). Has anybody else heard of anything like this?

I would rather they leave Carson's yard alone, and go take a steaming dump on Mike Browns well manicured lawn.

I'll keep Carson. I'll take a new OC, a new OL, and 2 new WR's.

Yup. Keep Carson, fire Brat, dump both divas, upgrade the O-line, and let Marvin walk. In fact, give him a firm push towards the door if needed.

BTW, as much as I appreciate Billy's new sig featuring 10 holiday hotties I have to wonder aloud if he isn't overcompensating.

Are we throwing the ball due to having to play catch-up in the match - ie, being in a losing position? If we ever managed to get a lead then running the ball and controlling the clock would be the way to go - I assume the need to pass is reflective of the losing situations in the games

Yup. Keep Carson, fire Brat, dump both divas, upgrade the O-line, and let Marvin walk.

Put me in the group firmly setting up camp right here...

Oh, can someone write Santa and ask for a shiny new fatass for the middle of our d-line ??

They need to rack up the draft picks, because there is alot to rebuild around here.

Let's keep it real here. The Bengals could rack up the most picks in the draft, but with this coaching staff it wouldn't mean diddly squat. Things have to change at the top before our teams bottom line improves.

So if they keep Palmer, and get rid of Ochosucko, and TO i wonder if they would draft a WR really high, or maybe try and trade back to get on, and a good O-Linemen. They need to rack up the draft picks, because there is alot to rebuild around here.

IMO the "build through the draft" ethos has failed miserably for one reason or another - so many promising picks have failed to either make the team or live up to expectations.

Trade? Have the Bengals ever traded????

So if they keep Palmer, and get rid of Ochosucko, and TO i wonder if they would draft a WR really high, or maybe try and trade back to get on, and a good O-Linemen. They need to rack up the draft picks, because there is alot to rebuild around here.

IMO the "build through the draft" ethos has failed miserably for one reason or another - so many promising picks have failed to either make the team or live up to expectations.

Trade? Have the Bengals ever traded????

Im not saying they are going too, but they should. Look at other successful org. around the league and what they do. Get as many draft picks as you can and draft for the holes on your team. Also get rid these old always hurt players, its time to move on.

Aged broken QB but hey lets change every thing else :P,We may as well look for a new QB now one that is suited for our "new OC's style offense vs trying to force Carson i to a new system.

I know some people think we have to many needs totake QB that we should trade down but I Don't see us as a "one year fix" so why not upgrade the most important position i football that way they get experience this year.

The first person to go has to be Bratkowski. Then Marvin.

I can live with another year of Marvin but if brat keep his job after this debacle then I will write a personal letter to SoP that might make him cry.

As for keeping Carson, I can't support that if one of the top QB's are readily available. Carson is paid WAY too much, has had WAY too many chances and simply is not what he was a few years ago. These were to be his "career" years, and what we've got is an abysmal joke of a result. There is no upside.

There will be life after Carson. As there will be life after brat and Marvin.

Things can get better.

I can live with another year of Marvin but if brat keep his job after this debacle then I will write a personal letter to SoP that might make him cry.

As for keeping Carson, I can't support that if one of the top QB's are readily available. Carson is paid WAY too much, has had WAY too many chances and simply is not what he was a few years ago. These were to be his "career" years, and what we've got is an abysmal joke of a result. There is no upside.

Things can get better.

I feel so bad for Carson, i really think under a better o-line and not so much drama he could have been great for many years. I think the Bengals really hurt him physicaly and emotionaly. I just dont think he has anymore in him. I like Carson, and he was great, but these years of drama, and horrible locker room chemistry, horrible coaching just ruined Carson. Let him go and see if he can be good somewhere else they at least owe him that. The Bengals will be an embarresment for years to come under this management.

Things can get better.

Fire Brat

Fire Alexander

Fire Sheppard

Fire Hayes Brothers

Fire Marvin

Ask Carson totake less money or he gets cut

Cut Chad Ochocinco

Mike Brown Steps down as then grand puba :P and Troy Blackburn is now in charge

Hire a GM

Hire Harbaugh

Let him build a Offensive Coaching Staff

Draft Luck

:P then let then healing process begin.

I feel so bad for Carson, i r

I feel bad for Carson but at the same time I'm just ready to move on for him I'd wish him the best with his new team and hopefully he could catch on somewhere that just needs QB.

Aged broken QB but hey lets change every thing else :P

This team can win with Carson as the QB. They did it quite well just one season ago. In fact, he led multiple "ice water in his veins" type 4th quarter comebacks last season.

I'm not saying he doesn't have his faults, but I also don't believe that a rookie QB would fare very well in this system with this personnel either.

This is a coaching issue far more than a Palmer issue in my opinion. I like Luck a lot... But Brat would ruin him. All the good things said about Luck were also said about Palmer coming out of college.

A new OC that builds a system around the strengths of the roster will make a much bigger difference than a new QB.

This is a coaching issue far more than a Palmer issue in my opinion. I like Luck a lot... But Brat would ruin him. All the good things said about Luck were also said about Palmer coming out of college.

C'mon, as a Bengals fan you have to appreciate the possibility for massive hilarity here. A guy with a name of "Luck" is destined to play here, right?

I mean, just so Daugherty can write an article titled "Bad Luck" if absolutely nothing else.

C'mon, as a Bengals fan you have to appreciate the possibility for massive hilarity here. A guy with a name of "Luck" is destined to play here, right?

I mean, just so Daugherty can write an article titled "Bad Luck" if absolutely nothing else.

F**k Luck. Give me Fig Newton!

Aged broken QB but hey lets change every thing else :P

First, he's not old. There's plenty of time left for a career second act and Palmer's contract almsot guarantees that second act will play here, in River City. Because IMHO it isn't the amount of money being paid that will determine Palmer's fate, as the Peter King's of the world suggest. Rather, it's contract length.

Next, IMHO he's not broken beyond repair, at least not physically. Where his head might be at is anyones guess but the sight of Palmer refusing to even look at Marvin Lewis during the final timeout was something I never thought I'd see and I'd say it speaks volumes about how much he still cares and how frustrated he is to be put in this position, surrounded by players he can't trust, playing in a scheme that's moronic, under the direction of a head coach whose decision making seems to erode with each passing week. And yeah, there's the rub, because after a season filled with inept coaching, from start to finish, Marvin Lewis has finally lost the faith and trust of Carson Palmer, and ignoring everything else that has happened this year.....that will be the end of Lewis.

We may as well look for a new QB now one that is suited for our "new OC's style offense vs trying to force Carson into a new system.

You won't have to force Palmer into a new system. He'll embrace it willingly...just as a new OC will embrace the chance to work with Palmer. Furthermore, regardless of who the new head coach might be it's almost certain that he won't be entrusted with enough power to make a Top 5 pick.

I know some people think we have to many needs totake QB that we should trade down but I Don't see us as a "one year fix" so why not upgrade the most important position i football that way they get experience this year.

Just spitballing here but I don't think this team will seriously consider drafting a new QB or trading down. Rather, I think they'll stay put and draft AJ Green. In fact, I doubt they'll seriously consider anyone else.

Honestly I see the Bengals keeping Chad, because Mike Brown loves the guy, Chad talking TO into staying, Benson leaving, and the Bengals taking LaMichael James.

So basically you have the same offense next year as you do this year except LaMichael James as your starting RB. Now if the Bengals can only shore up the OL, and get a new OC they might do something.