NL CENTRAL CHAMPIONS!

BengalszoneBilly

I'm loving this for the players and us fans. It hasn't been seen here for quite some time. Who else am I happy for ??

Dusty Baker and Walk Jocketty.

They have taken a ton of sh*t from everyone and I think regardless of what you think of them, they finally have to be given their due.

Thier risks have also paid off. Thank you Rolen, Cabrera, and Chapman. Chapman is just fun to watch and for Jocketty to get into the mix with the large market teams to bring him in is something I REALLY liked seeing him do.

THANK YOU WALT JOCKETTY !!!

Congratulations Reds!

Now comes the hard part. But that's later...tonight, we celebrate! :cheers:

Celebrate we do. I raise a glass to the Reds in a toast to their continued success in this wild, wild season. Keep it up guys...this forum depends on you! :P

Well Billy, everyones effort here to make the Reds relevant on this forum has paid off greatly !!!

So it's to the Reds fans here at Bengalszone that I say congratulations and thank you for keeping the threads going !!!

:cheers:

My hat is off to all you Reds die-hards. I'm not the Reds fan I was, but I suppose that's because I was spoiled. I was born in 1966, so I was 9 and 10 and 1975-76, and there were never two better years to be 9 and 10 in Cincinnati. I never needed the Reds to win because the Big Red Machine is a part of me, as inseparable a childhood experience as any you'd care to name. If I close my eyes I can still see Rose diving for the bag and Morgan standing at the plate, cocking his arm, and Bench nailing yet another stupid idiot trying to steal second (and then blasting one over the wall next inning just for kicks). Shoot, I can even see those goofy assed rainbow unis the Houston Astros used to wear...:lol:

i'd love to see this year be the start of something like that for all the kids in Cincy. Heaven knows they deserve it. GO REDS!

In all my excitement and joy in the Reds taking the NL Central, I forgot to make a comment to another person.

F*CK YOU COLIN COWHERD !!!

:finger::finger::finger:

I forgot all about this pud. Let's see if he responds to what he said earlier this season about the Reds. Frauds my butt!

In all my excitement and joy in the Reds taking the NL Central, I forgot to make a comment to another person.

I forgot all about this pud. Let's see if he responds to what he said earlier this season about the Reds. Frauds my butt!

Doc had a good say on that subject tonight.

National radio egotists aside, there are no frauds in baseball. The Big 162, as Rolen calls it, undresses them. You cannot be an interloper across six months of hardball. You will be found out.

What we found out about the St. Louis Cardinals was their star power lacked Big 162 substance. They could wheel out Albert Pujols, Matt Holliday, Adam Wainwright and Chris Carpenter. That made for a nice exterior. Once you opened the door and walked inside, falling plaster hit you in the head.

The Reds’ house had good bones. It didn’t crack. Good deals/signings by Walt Jocketty (Rolen, Cabrera, Miguel Cairo, Arthur Rhodes, Nick Masset, a cut-rate Gomes), good drafting by Jocketty and his predecessors (Bruce, Joey Votto, Stubbs, Leake, Wood and on and on) and, yes, the proper touch applied by Baker helped talent and opportunity intersect at this sweet spot in time.

If you don’t credit Baker for his ability to manage personalities and massage psyches, you’re in favor of a SABR-savant running the team.

The Reds have been in either first or second place since May 2. They've been in first place every day since Aug. 14. They recovered from a three-game slip in Seattle to sweep three in Oakland. They looked like a second-place team early last month, at home against St. Louis. A two-game lead disappeared in three days. Four days later, the Reds were ahead by a game. They haven’t looked back.

It has been a special summer around here. We don’t get many of those.

Amen.

Doc had a good say on that subject tonight.

National radio egotists aside, there are no frauds in baseball. The Big 162, as Rolen calls it, undresses them. You cannot be an interloper across six months of hardball. You will be found out.

What we found out about the St. Louis Cardinals was their star power lacked Big 162 substance. They could wheel out Albert Pujols, Matt Holliday, Adam Wainwright and Chris Carpenter. That made for a nice exterior. Once you opened the door and walked inside, falling plaster hit you in the head.

The Reds’ house had good bones. It didn’t crack. Good deals/signings by Walt Jocketty (Rolen, Cabrera, Miguel Cairo, Arthur Rhodes, Nick Masset, a cut-rate Gomes), good drafting by Jocketty and his predecessors (Bruce, Joey Votto, Stubbs, Leake, Wood and on and on) and, yes, the proper touch applied by Baker helped talent and opportunity intersect at this sweet spot in time.

If you don’t credit Baker for his ability to manage personalities and massage psyches, you’re in favor of a SABR-savant running the team.

The Reds have been in either first or second place since May 2. They've been in first place every day since Aug. 14. They recovered from a three-game slip in Seattle to sweep three in Oakland. They looked like a second-place team early last month, at home against St. Louis. A two-game lead disappeared in three days. Four days later, the Reds were ahead by a game. They haven’t looked back.

It has been a special summer around here. We don’t get many of those.

Amen.

Oh man, Doc nailed him to the wall. :lol:

I just got back from a wild time at the stadium. History was made. You know there have only been 5 walkoff pennant clinchers since Bobby Thompson nearly 60 yrs ago and I was there to see one of them. I had a downtown dinner meeting so afterwards I thought "what the heck...go down to GABP just in case ..." and it paid off. I arrived in the 4th inning with the Reds behind 2-1.

We are the division champs and no one can ever take that away from us!

Mmmmm...yummy...I just love schadenfreude...

The out of town scoreboard at Busch Stadium stopped showing scores and began showing advertisements before the Reds score was posted. But word quickly spread to the players, who are forced to look ahead towards next year.

/>http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/09/28/10/Cardinals-reflect-on-what-went-wrong/landing.html?blockID=320542&feedID=3794

:lmao:

Mmmmm...yummy...I just love schadenfreude...

The out of town scoreboard at Busch Stadium stopped showing scores and began showing advertisements before the Reds score was posted. But word quickly spread to the players, who are forced to look ahead towards next year.

/>http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/09/28/10/Cardinals-reflect-on-what-went-wrong/landing.html?blockID=320542&feedID=3794

:lmao:

Great article. The Cardinals had their chances, and simply blew them...

Boo hoo... :P

redoctobery.jpg

Well last night everything was clicking just right. I was just crossing into Alabama and 700 wlw was coming in loud and clear. The hall of famer was calling the bottom of the ninth inning and he no more got out the name of the new pitcher for the Astros and KaBammmmm history was made by a guy name Jay BRUCE. I dont know about the rest of you guys but I GOT ''Goosebumps'' ALL OVER. Man what a feeling,i couldnt even imagine what JAY WAS FEELING......Well anyway im happy for the REDS and the city and all of you guys that have been on here with me for the last few years...now its time to kick some ass and win it all................. :sure: