Bodden out for season

walzav29

not like they have a defense anymore anyways.

This is why the game means so much to me. It's just a mindset to me. Everyone I know has picked the Patriots in this one because they are the Patriots. My theory is that the Bengals have held back on 2 things in the preseason that will be revealed in week 1.

#1. Michael Johnson packages

#2. The deep ball

It's going to be great!

I think I'll be picking a week one loss too, simply because I expect big things (closer to 2007 than 2009, but not that big) from New England this year, especially on offense. They're a good team with the potential to be a Super Bowl contender, and nobody else in that division should challenge them. I don't buy the Jets or the Dolphins.

Beating them on the road would be fantastic, and certainly a big help with Baltimore coming to town immediately after.

I think I'll be picking a week one loss too, simply because I expect big things (closer to 2007 than 2009, but not that big) from New England this year, especially on offense. They're a good team with the potential to be a Super Bowl contender, and nobody else in that division should challenge them. I don't buy the Jets or the Dolphins.

Beating them on the road would be fantastic, and certainly a big help with Baltimore coming to town immediately after.

It will be a very tough game. Right now i think the pass rush, is what worries me about this game. If the Bengals cant get to Brady i think he will pick apart the secondary all game. However if Zim finds a way to get some pass rush and knock down Brady a few times it will be a very close game.

I have to say, i like the thought of going up against the Pats CB's. They figure to now start Rookie Devin McCourty, and 2nd year CB Darius Butler. If they will be getting help from "The 2 Brandon's" Safeties Brandon Meriweather and Brandon McGowan that should open up a little more space for Benson to run.

Is it too early for Predictions? If not, Bengals 34 Pats 24.

Shootout. Bengals win. Next.

Update: seriously.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/17270/in-afc-east-experience-down-at-the-corners

How does Palmer not throw for about 5,000 TDs in this game? TO & Chad should eat these guys alive.

I'd probably have more of a reaction if I had any idea at all who those CBs are. Which, of course, says it all. Sheebus.

Surprising number of 'elite' AFC teams with corner trouble. If Revis holds out all year, Chad might have to reprise the 'who covered 85?' list. These corners are dropping like flies.