Refs admit to bad calls in Super Bowl

The refs finally got around to saying that they are sorry for all of the "BAD CALLS" in the Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl and apologized to the the Seahawks.

However, they deny that the bad calls had anything to do with the outcome.- What an f-ing joke!

The refs in that game handed the game to the Steelers as a matter of fact ,the refs have handed the Steelers their last two Superbowls.

I can stil remember nearly every Steeler fan that I knew admited that the refs gave the Steelers/Seahawks Superbowl to the the Steelers.

And the day after that Super Bowl my daughter said that, every kid in her high school (even the Steelers fans)thought the refs handed the game to the Steelers.

Story

Mike Pereira: Bill Leavy didn't hand the Steelers the Super Bowl

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 10, 2010 7:17 AM ET

Bill Leavy, the referee at Super Bowl XL, apologized to the Seahawks last week for mistakes that helped the Steelers.

But Mike Pereira, the former head of officiating who was Leavy's boss at the time, insists that Leavy isn't the reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl.

"Did Leavy's calls determine the winner of Super Bowl XL? Absolutely not!" Pereira writes at FoxSports.com. "In truth, there were missed calls that went against both teams. Let's all put aside our allegiances and go back four years and look at the game objectively. If we do, we will see that the Seahawks did not play well and neither, actually, did the Steelers."

Pereira goes on to write that "The officials also did not have a great game," but he thinks Leavy is actually wrong about one of the "kicked calls" he owned up to. Leavy regrets flagging offensive tackle Sean Locklear for a holding penalty that negated a big play for the Seahawks, but Pereira says Leavy actually got that call right.

Ultimately, two things stand out from Pereira's perspective: "Bill is one of the best referees we have in the NFL," Pereira writes, and "the team that deserved to win won."

Bill Leavy, the referee at Super Bowl XL, apologized to the Seahawks last week for mistakes that helped the Steelers.

Mistakes that HELPED the Steelers - how do their bad calls "help" the Steelers but not affect the outcome?

Here is a link to the article if you want to read the comments on the story.

I am pretty sure most of the comments are in agreement that the Steelers werer more than "helped " by the bad calls.
/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/10/mike-pereira-bill-leavy-didnt-hand-the-steelers-the-super-bowl/

The refs in that game handed the game to the Steelers as a matter of fact ,the refs have handed the Steelers their last two Superbowls.

/quote]

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

And don't forget that the steroid curtain team of the '70s basically pioneered steroid use. Ever time I bring it up to a Steeler fan they say, "Everyone does it." I respond that everyone didn't do it back in the '70s, and that's what made the Steelers the bruising team they were. Cheating.

Come to think of it, I can't think of one legitimate Super Bowl win by the Steelers. f**k the Rooney family and f**k this dumbass commissioner for elevating them above the rest of the NFL.

Yeah, I can't bring myself to really care about this in the least. Do I think that Super Bowl was a joke ?? Yes and it should have been quite obvious to everyone that calls themselves a football fan even Steeler fans. However, I actually think the Super Bowl against the Cardinals was a good game and a hell of a way to end it with a great catch by Holmes for the TD.

While the Steelers are my most hated team, I simply can't bring myself to care that much or at least get upset in any way...