Reds vs. Cardinals

BengalszoneBilly

This series could determine who wins the division, and who goes shopping for a wild card entry to the playoffs. Right now Cincinnati has the momentum and a 2 game lead over St. Louis. It's the perfect time to take the air out of their lungs with a body shot by winning this series!

Thanks for getting this started Billy !!!

As a reminder, this game is televised on ESPN tonight as well.

Carpenter get the start for the Cardinals in game one with Leake countering for the Reds.

Hopefully the Reds can maintain their focus and come out of this a little further ahead.

GO REDS !!!

If these games arent sold out then it will be a shame! You know the Cardinal fans will be there. Im hoping the REDS fans beat them to the ticket window..Cuz are guys need them there these next few games. This is a BIG series guys......

Did u have a good time at Phoenix?

It was awesome semi! I had a great time.

dbacksgame1.jpg

With the retractable roof at Chase Field, it was over 100 degrees outside, inside it was in the '70's and quite comfortable.

dbacksgame6.jpg

My only problem was the 10 dollar beers. I suppose it's like that at all ball parks, but that's just ridiculous!

I sometimes forget how funny baseball fights to watch.

There was a fight in tonight's game?

Yes after Philips had said how the cards are whiny and he hates them Molina had some words for Philips in the first. Things got heated and then the benches cleared. Nothing really happened a little pushing but it just makes me laugh watching the teams come out and yell at each other for a while.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100810/SPT04/308100049/Reds-Cardinals-clear-benches

I saw the highlights of the fight and then I saw something I wasn't aware of....

They had a poll up that asked what team was the most hated in Cincinnati.

The Steelers were #1, but only 3 percentage points behind them were the Cardinals.

That struck me very odd and I was wondering if maybe this recent situation influenced that. I never had a real problem with the Cardinals. I think they are a really good organization and always are trying to do what needs to be done to win. I can think of far many more teams across the sports spectrum that I can find reasons to hate them more than the Cardinals.

On a side note, does anyone else think Phillips was being a little on the bitchy side of things with this ?? I just don't see the point in voicing your opinion about how much you hate another baseball team. It's not like football where you can run your mouth and then go out on the field and smack them in the mouth. As much as I like Phillips as a player on the Reds, I don't agree with how he handled this situation and think it reflects poorly on the Reds as a whole.

That and they follow it up with 2 straight loses to the Cardinals. Way to show'em !!!

I saw the highlights of the fight and then I saw something I wasn't aware of....

The Steelers were #1, but only 3 percentage points behind them were the Cardinals.

That struck me very odd and I was wondering if maybe this recent situation influenced that. I never had a real problem with the Cardinals. I think they are a really good organization and always are trying to do what needs to be done to win. I can think of far many more teams across the sports spectrum that I can find reasons to hate them more than the Cardinals.

On a side note, does anyone else think Phillips was being a little on the bitchy side of things with this ?? I just don't see the point in voicing your opinion about how much you hate another baseball team. It's not like football where you can run your mouth and then go out on the field and smack them in the mouth. As much as I like Phillips as a player on the Reds, I don't agree with how he handled this situation and think it reflects poorly on the Reds as a whole.

That and they follow it up with 2 straight loses to the Cardinals. Way to show'em !!!

For me it has to be the Browns, Stealers, and cubbies. Cards really dont rate as a hated team.

I have always had more of a problem with the Astros and the Braves as far as baseball over the last fifteen or twenty years. But it stems from their basic domination over the Reds more than any personalities. So now the Cardinals have been the team that has given it to us over the last 8 to 10 years and there are similar feelings I guess.

As for Phillips I think there are things at the player level that we never hear about. Lance McAlister was defending Phillips prior to the game on his show and brought up several examples. Much of the angst seems to be about Tony LaRussa and his approach to things and how it has now manifested in his players. There is also some history between him and Baker too.

Hopefully we can step up and win today. If not there are plenty of games left in which to prove ourselves and still win the division. We don't necessarily have to beat the Cards straight up in order to do so but it certainly would help. And in the end we don't win, I look at this season as a giant leap forward and a growth opportunity for next season.