Reds vs. Cardinals

BengalszoneBilly

Just what exactly did Brandon say?

During the post game interview Molina came away looking like a little kid. Dont say "Hi" to me!

On Monday, Phillips said the following to Reds journalist Hal McCoy:

“I hate the Cardinals,” he told McCoy, in reaffirming why he would play despite a sore shin. “All they do is bitch and moan about everything, all of them, they’re little bitches, all of ’em. ... Let me make this clear: I hate the Cardinals.”

When he came to bat in the bottom of the first he tapped Yadier Molina on the shin guard with his bat which apparently is a baseball way of saying "Hi". He stepped out of the box and when he stepped back, Molina got verbal with Phillips. Things escalated from there.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100811/SPT04/308110050/Reds-Cards-brawl-fallout-continues

They should suspend this jackass.

Cardinals pitching ace Chris Carpenter confided to the St. Louis writers Wednesday that he had said something to Baker just before Tuesday’s scrum at home erupted into an ugly swarm that backed Cueto into the backstop, spikes ago-go.

Pictures:
/>http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=AB&Date=20100810&Category=SPT04&ArtNo=8100810&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=1

I don't care if it takes 2 to tango or if Molina played a part in this or not. Phillips is responsible for his own words and actions and THAT is where this started to begin with. Were there other things that played a part ?? I don't know and can't comment to that, but what Phillips had to say was pointless. If someone can tell me the benefit of Phillips comments for the team as a whole, I would love to hear them. Again, I love Phillips as a baseball player and have had no issue to not like him, but I think this was a poor decision on his part and gave the Cardinals more motivation when we didn't need to.

The Cards not only swept the Reds, but took back first place in the Central. How does that old saying go ?? Oh yeah....

SHUT THE F*CK UP REDS !!!

Will this series be the downfall of the Reds season ?? Sh*t no. I think they are still more than in this race and I'm not concerned with that in the least. I just think it was a smack in the mouth. We have all been saying the Reds just need to remain focused on the day to day and keep having fun playing ball. This series clearly wasn't that and how they respond will be the tell tale sign in my opinion.

Shut up and play ball Reds...

I don't care if it takes 2 to tango or if Molina played a part in this or not. Phillips is responsible for his own words and actions and THAT is where this started to begin with. Were there other things that played a part ?? I don't know and can't comment to that, but what Phillips had to say was pointless. If someone can tell me the benefit of Phillips comments for the team as a whole, I would love to hear them. Again, I love Phillips as a baseball player and have had no issue to not like him, but I think this was a poor decision on his part and gave the Cardinals more motivation when we didn't need to.

The Cards not only swept the Reds, but took back first place in the Central. How does that old saying go ?? Oh yeah....

Will this series be the downfall of the Reds season ?? Sh*t no. I think they are still more than in this race and I'm not concerned with that in the least. I just think it was a smack in the mouth. We have all been saying the Reds just need to remain focused on the day to day and keep having fun playing ball. This series clearly wasn't that and how they respond will be the tell tale sign in my opinion.

Your right to a point, but Brandon said things he shouldnt have off the feild. Molina and Carpenter said things they shouldnt have on the feild. That is a big distiction.

Seems to me like Molina and Carpenter, with thier actions and words during and after the scrum, have shown that what Brandon said was correct.

Nothing but little bitches, whining about nothing.

Cueto suspended 7 games. Baker and LaRussa get two games off while Carpenter and Molina get zero. WTF! :swear:

Phillips, Springer, Carpenter and Molina did get fined.

http://cincinnati.co...ames-baker-two/

Did anybody happen to catch what Springer did? I never noticed him.

No. Never heard or saw anything of significance.

A couple of interesting pieces about the fight and Chris Carpenter from Lance's blog.

/>http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_81f43b72-d7a8-5846-8950-68bf6e5c28f8.html

/>http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15782562

Your right to a point, but Brandon said things he shouldnt have off the feild. Molina and Carpenter said things they shouldnt have on the feild. That is a big distiction.

Seems to me like Molina and Carpenter, with thier actions and words during and after the scrum, have shown that what Brandon said was correct.

Nothing but little bitches, whining about nothing.

Family left to go back to Cincinnati today, so I'm back in full force...

Ok, so my point here is, regardless of where they said things they should or shouldn't have and lets say that Phillips was absolutely correct in his words, who cares ?? What was the point in saying anything at all ?? What good did it do to say what it is he was thinking ?? Like I said, it's not like football where you can follow up a rant by blasting the sh*t out of your opponent on the field. Then, how did the Reds respond ?? Yep, got swept and lost their first series since the break. It didn't exactly work out that well.

Hopefully Phillips got whatever bug was up his ass out and the Reds can continue to hold onto the first place spot they have regained !!!