Prognosis not good for Ed Reed

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/25/reed-says-hes-about-35-percent-after-hip-surgery/

Reed says he’s about 35 percent after hip surgery Posted: June 25th, 2010 | Adam Rank | Tags: Baltimore Ravens, Troy Smith, Joe Flacco, Ed Reed, John Beck, Marc Bulger

When are you coming back? That question has dogged Ed Reed since he had surgery on his hip during the offseason. But Ravens fans might not want to hear the safety’s answer.

Reed told Sirius Radio (via the team’s official site) that he felt about 35 percent right now, calling rehabilitation a long process. Being ready for the first game is a goal, but it might not be realistic. Reed called rehab a four- to six-month process.

“I want to be ready for the first game, but I don’t know how soon that would happen, how soon I would be back,” Reed said. “You know, we’re gonna continue to do the things to try and get back and at least play this year for the fans, man, cause they’ve been hounding me, man.”

The Ravens will face the Jets on Sept. 13, but Baltimore has added Ken Hamlin as insurance in case Reed can’t make it back. Right now, it doesn’t look good for the veteran.

He is one guy that I have always admired and respected even though he's with the Ravens. The guy just makes plays.

Too bad his overweight, middle-aged buddy still overshadows him in the media.

I won't be upset if he can't play though.

• 3 weeks later...

Their Secondary gets even worse yet their still superbowl favorites...Without reed I doubt they'd even win 1 playoff game ...The Browns probably could put 30+ pts on that defense.

He is one guy that I have always admired and respected even though he's with the Ravens. The guy just makes plays.

Yup he's a special player hate to see him injured because when he's not playing the Bengals it's fun to watch him make plays.

Apparently they don't think they need Reed, because they are so freakin' awesome.

Maybe they should ask the Steelers how losing their pro bowl safety for the season worked out for them.

The difference in the two is, the Steelers had a better supporting cast in their secondary when Troy went down.

This isn't good for the Ravens and for them to keep dismissing it, is delusional...