VW Campervan

Just wondered if any other folks on the Bengalszone have a Volkswagen campervan at all.

I have a 1972 Type 2 Bay, tin top, orange and white. It needs a bit of TLC to the camping interior but is generally a totally sound vehicle. cheers.gif

Brand new engine installed just over 7000 miles ago so plenty of life ahead of it.biggrin.gif

Looking forward to some great family camping weekends !! thumbsup3.gif

Just wondered if any other folks on the Bengalszone have a Volkswagen campervan at all.

I have a 1972 Type 2 Bay, tin top, orange and white. It needs a bit of TLC to the camping interior but is generally a totally sound vehicle. cheers.gif

Brand new engine installed just over 7000 miles ago so plenty of life ahead of it.biggrin.gif

Looking forward to some great family camping weekends !! thumbsup3.gif

Those things are considered quite collectable over here. I never owned a VW van, but my first car was a 1963 VW Beetle. My dad bought it brand new for $1300. After I joined the Marines it was handed down to my brother who didn't understand the concept of checking the oil level, and seized up the engine. I've still not forgiven him for that.

Would have loved a VW van as well, but it's hard to get a Hippie to give up his ride. :P

My first car was a '72 microbus with a '69 bug engine in it. No heater boxes so you frozen your a** off in winter. Previous owner had installed a heavy duty racing clutch so you basically had to stand up to shift gears. The emergency brake was a block of wood on a chain behind the driver's seat. Spray paint over the rust spots made it look like it had smallpox. Windshield had a big crack from the time my dumb sister, who didn't know how to drive a stick, started it up and ran into a pole. The air intake screw on the carb vibrated out once, while I was in downtown cincy, so the engine would stall every time it wasn't getting gas. Had to drive it all the way home without taking my foot off the gas. Replaced the screw with a cigarette filter. It ran fine after that. I miss that van. :lol: