Would the Bengals trade for Olsen?

walzav29

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/olsen-unhappy-with-hiring-of-martz-wants-a-trade/

Remember last year they tried to trade for Dallas's TE. I wonder what they would want? Martz doesn't use TE much. Do you think this would be a good move?

I think it'd be a great move... Give em anthony collins... But its not gonna happen sadly. it should though

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/olsen-unhappy-with-hiring-of-martz-wants-a-trade/

Remember last year they tried to trade for Dallas's TE. I wonder what they would want? Martz doesn't use TE much. Do you think this would be a good move?

I think it'd be a great move... Give em anthony collins... But its not gonna happen sadly. it should though

I'm not sure that Greg Olsen is worth ANY sort of O-line depth, especially at OT.

I would approve of getting Olsen for a pick.

I would not give them Collins though. Maybe a guy like Simpson or Fui.

Based on his track record so far - I'd give up Simpson for a copy of yesterday's newspaper

hahaha....

seriously though, I have to think that there are soem teams out there that could get more out of Simpson. Teams that run a more wide-open (Martz) offense, that puts wrs all over the field (martz) and has a qb who slings the ball all over (cutler).

make it happen.

For as many people that liked the thought of getting Scheffler from the Broncos, he would only cost a 2nd round pick per the tender Denver placed on him. I think Scheffler would certainly be a far better option than any TE we could draft in the 2nd round. Not saying it should be a must, only another option...

I'm not sure that Greg Olsen is worth ANY sort of O-line depth, especially at OT.

Why not?.. We dont use him.. But i do think collins has more upside than roland... So my bad, how bout roland for olson?.. Even though chicago now needs a LT... Collins fits the role...

Why not?.. We dont use him.. But i do think collins has more upside than roland... So my bad, how bout roland for olson?.. Even though chicago now needs a LT... Collins fits the role...

We do use him and yes he does have upside. What happens when you don't have solid depth at tackle and someone goes down on the IR or for an extended period of time? Your season is pretty much done.

Top ten right tackles

Name Team PBP

Anthony Collins Cincinnati Bengals 1.29

Willie Colon Pittsburgh Steelers 2.13

Dennis Roland Cincinnati Bengals 2.21

Damien Woody New York Jets 2.46

David Stewart Tennessee Titans 3.23

Vernon Carey Miami Dolphins 3.96

Phil Loadholt Minnesota Vikings 3.98

Winston Justice Philadelphia Eagles 4.02

Eric Winston Houston Texans 4.03

Jon Stinchcomb New Orleans Saints 4.13

I have very little interest in any Greg Olsen trade proposal, but I admit my reluctance may be due to the lingering disdain I have for the "Blazing Speed" nickname Hoosier tagged him with years ago.

:blink:

Did I? I really don't recall, but I believe you.

I'd take Olsen. I've watched him play up here with the Bears and the bottom line is that he's hardly the problem with Chicago's offense. If anything, he ought to be praised for what little he's managed to accomplish in an offense with no line, RB or QB.

We do use him and yes he does have upside. What happens when you don't have solid depth at tackle and someone goes down on the IR or for an extended period of time? Your season is pretty much done.

Top ten right tackles

Name Team PBP

Anthony Collins Cincinnati Bengals 1.29

Willie Colon Pittsburgh Steelers 2.13

Dennis Roland Cincinnati Bengals 2.21

Damien Woody New York Jets 2.46

David Stewart Tennessee Titans 3.23

Vernon Carey Miami Dolphins 3.96

Phil Loadholt Minnesota Vikings 3.98

Winston Justice Philadelphia Eagles 4.02

Eric Winston Houston Texans 4.03

Jon Stinchcomb New Orleans Saints 4.13

Well for some reason he didnt even suit up for a couple games....

it would be silly to gamble away any of the offensive lineman. I rashly suggested packaging collins for Marshall a month or two ago. Given the way FA will work, that would be stupid at this point to send any of our lineman away for anything less than an all-pro type player, of which Greg Olsen is not.

I think signing a player like Scheffler or Scaife would be smart. Scaife, to me, is a real quality player with tons of upside. Imagine him catching all those passes that "the te who shall not be named" dropped.

I like Olsen for what he does in the passing game, but the knock on him is he is a well below-average run blocker, which is something that Marvin and Hayes absolutely have no tolerance for from TEs.

I'd do it for a 4th or later, though. It's obvious that Mike Martz is not going to use him in his offense. I expect a passing team will make a nice offer for him sometime around the draft.