Why lock on a WR in the 1st rnd?

walzav29

It seems to me the value is the same in the 2nd as the 1st. If a guy like Taylor Mays is available at 21 is there you take him. Or the DT out of Tennessee. This is the trickiest draft I remember for Cincy. I think the D can get even better and needs to for next seasons crazy schedule.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/02/safety-dance-in-april-will-be-interesting/

Thanks for the update, but I already knew about the official time being bumped. In short, to me it doesn't matter which number you pick because all of 'em, official or unofficial, are smoking fast for a 230 lb player. Better, he's been consistently clocked in the 4.3s, and lower, when running at USC....as he will on his Pro Day. And best, he was smooth as silk in all of the drills.

Are you going to answer your question about why we should lock onto a WR in the 1st round?

Personally, i think it's stupid to lock onto one position but go ahead...

No, I think he was asking the question not proposing it.

Reading comprehension isn't one of Joe Pong's strengths. That said, if you need someone to ignorantly say the word "stupid" over and over again he's very clearly the guy you want.

Are you going to answer your question about why we should lock onto a WR in the 1st round?

Reading comprehension isn't one of Joe Pong's strengths. That said, if you need someone to ignorantly say the word "stupid" over and over again he's very clearly the guy you want.

The JoePong Business Plan

1. Score more points.

2. Win more games.

3. ????????

4. Profit

NADS

I know he was asking the question. That's exactly my point. He didn't state that we shouldn't lock onto a WR. I was waiting for his answer. Seems kind of random and doesn't make sense.

I think I'll start a thread titled, "Why lock on a kicker in the 1st round?" and then not give any answers or reasons.

I know he was asking the question. That's exactly my point. He didn't state that we shouldn't lock onto a WR. I was waiting for his answer. Seems kind of random and doesn't make sense.

I think I'll start a thread titled, "Why lock on a kicker in the 1st round?" and then not give any answers or reasons.

Will you just stop it, Pong? He did answer it immediately within the first sentence. He views the second round prospects as generally equal in value to those in the first, so "why lock on one in the first?"

Crikey, you're useless. By the way, the Bengals were much better at home than on the road in 2009. :rolleyes:

I'm saying there seems to be a sentiment that the Bengals have to take a WR or a TE in the 1st round. I'm saying that shouldn't be the case. I think there may be an impact defensive player at the 21st pick and the Bengals can get the same value for a WR at 21 as they can in the 2nd rnd. Does that make it any clearer?

1. Score more points.

2. Win more games.

3. ????????

4. Profit

NADS

Isn't that more or less a joke from an episode of Southpark?

1. Score more points.

2. Win more games.

3. ????????

4. Profit

NADS

Isn't that more or less a joke from an episode of Southpark?

Yeah, I think it's the one with the underwear gnomes.

If your going to spend a first round selection on a WR you would be better off trading for Brandon Marshall who is a sure thing rather than a rookie who isn't.

The Broncos just placed a 1st round tender on Marshall.

No additional 3rd round pick required.

So one pick....and about 100 million bucks should do the trick.

There's even speculation the Broncos will settle for less.

BTW, Sheffler can be had for a 2nd rounder.