Palmer to Seattle???

icehole3

may be headed to seattle with his former coach??? HappyWave.gif

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/bates-will-pass-on-bears-gig-and-join-carroll/

And former 'stud' receiver? Only problem is, we then have to draft the future now, and who's gonna be there at 21 that you want to jump in right from the get-go?

No worries. Palmer isn't going anywhere.

The Seahawks would have to give up a ton and then the Bengals would be required to move into position to take a rookie QB (see big payday) AND have him start right away (see J.T. O'Sullivan and Carson lite). This just doesn't make any sense to me. I guess nothing should be dismissed until you see all the details, but I'm guessing BS.

The Seahawks would have to give up a ton and then the Bengals would be required to move into position to take a rookie QB (see big payday) AND have him start right away (see J.T. O'Sullivan and Carson lite). This just doesn't make any sense to me. I guess nothing should be dismissed until you see all the details, but I'm guessing BS.

Agreed. Time to move on.

A more likely scenario might involve Matt Leinert.

Agreed. Time to move on.

A more likely scenario might involve Matt Leinert.

I think that scenario has to depend on Kurt Warner's entrance into the annual 'Brett Favre, announce my retirement every year after the playoffs' derby.

This would never happen. Even though there probably won't be a salary cap anymore, the Bengals still owe a lot of guaranteed money to Palmer for the next 5 or 6 years which they'd have to pay if they cut or trade him (if I understand these things correctly).

Furthermore, Carson has finally taken a leadership role on this team and I don't see him being traded anywhere. Hopefully he'll bounce back and have a great year next year.

may be headed to seattle with his former coach??? HappyWave.gif

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/bates-will-pass-on-bears-gig-and-join-carroll/

Hilarious.

I was so certain we'd eventually see this very rumor I even joked about it in the NFL forum on the day Carroll joined the Seahawks.

And again, I've heard Florio admit on the Dan Patrick Show how he sometimes floats rumors he's made up.

And again, I've heard Florio admit on the Dan Patrick Show how he sometimes floats rumors he's made up.

And the coaches and players bitch about the lack of journalistic integrity of bloggers and message boarders on the internet. This guy gets a salary from a reputable network and "floats" stuff. :rolleyes:

And the coaches and players bitch about the lack of journalistic integrity of bloggers and message boarders on the internet. This guy gets a salary from a reputable network and "floats" stuff. :rolleyes:

Florio would be more tolerable if he kept his opinions to himself, but he's right on most of the time. Yeah, sometimes he starts stuff, but for the most part he does a decent job with the site. I would prefer if he just stuck to the news, though, and quit with the editorials.

I'm prob. gonna get blasted for this but its just my opinion and prob. be called part of the "Braintrust Triad" but whatever its just my opinion.

I'm gonna give Carson one more year in this system before I say he's done here. If he isn't better by next year and hasn't showed any improvement, why shouldn't we think about the future? I love Carson but I don't buy all these excuses that everyone is saying he had to learn a new system and that's why he played so bad. Or Carson saying he can't be a Pro Bowl quarterback in this system, but this system wins football games and we're not asking you to be a Pro Bowl quarterback...just a quarterback that can come off play-action and hit a receiver who's wide open, ie. Mark Sanchez! IMO, the Carson of Old ain't coming back. I love the fact that he has become a leader and I don't want to just get rid of him for nothing but I gotta admit that he's not untouchable in my book the way he used to be.

I don't think he's ever pretended otherwise. In the linked article, he was clearly just making a one-off comment on a "maybe". He didn't imply there was anything behind it. I think even he'd say it's a low probability scenario, but I don't see anything wrong with drawing a dashed line to connect a couple of dots.

I know it's popular to bash PFT, but I think it serves a valuable role. So long as the rumors/speculation is clearly marked for what it is, I don't see the problem.

Ah...correction, my friend. He works for NBC, remember? I heard NBC tried to switch Florio to midnights and put Conan O'Brien on PFT.

The Seahawks would have to give up a ton

How much would it take to move Palmer in your opinion?

The Broncos got 2 firsts, a third, and a starting QB (say what you will about Orton). While Carson is older than Cutler, I would think Mike Brown would be asking for something similar to this and without being able to get a quality QB in the trade from Seattle, the picks would increase. Orton gave the Broncos the chance (if needed) to transition to another QB later rather than sooner. Seattle can't do that for the Bengals were this not be a BS story.

If he isn't better by next year and hasn't showed any improvement, why shouldn't we think about the future? I don't want to just get rid of him for nothing but I gotta admit that he's not untouchable in my book the way he used to be.

I have no issue thinking about the future and is the reason why I wouldn't mind seeing them take a QB they feel they can develop after the 4th round this coming draft. I don't want to get rid of him for nothing and more importantly, Mike Brown WON'T get rid of him for nothing either (see Chad Johnson trade being denied for 2 firsts). Untouchable ?? No, but he's still closer to that than many would want to agree with.

The Seahawks would have to give up a ton

How much would it take to move Palmer in your opinion?

The Broncos got 2 firsts, a third, and a starting QB (say what you will about Orton). While Carson is older than Cutler, I would think Mike Brown would be asking for something similar to this and without being able to get a quality QB in the trade from Seattle, the picks would increase. Orton gave the Broncos the chance (if needed) to transition to another QB later rather than sooner. Seattle can't do that for the Bengals were this not be a BS story.

If he isn't better by next year and hasn't showed any improvement, why shouldn't we think about the future? I don't want to just get rid of him for nothing but I gotta admit that he's not untouchable in my book the way he used to be.

I have no issue thinking about the future and is the reason why I wouldn't mind seeing them take a QB they feel they can develop after the 4th round this coming draft. I don't want to get rid of him for nothing and more importantly, Mike Brown WON'T get rid of him for nothing either (see Chad Johnson trade being denied for 2 firsts). Untouchable ?? No, but he's still closer to that than many would want to agree with.

I agree with your first point. Mike Brown would be asking for a similar trade...and while I think Carson is still better than Cutler, no one would give that much for a 30 year old, oft-injured QB.

I would be on board with a 4th round QB to develop. Like Jevan Snead, Case Keenum, or Tony Pike. But, its all a moot point b/c we won't trade Carson unless hell freezes. ^_^

Does Florio not recognize how much love Mike Brown has for Carson? He hired his little brother here to keep Carson happy.

A little off topic, but Carson's play action just didn't work this year because he couldn't use both hands to fake the handoff. The defenders could very easily see that the playaction move was just that, a fake. They didn't respect it.

Too bad, because all that running we did was for two reasons. First, the yards, points, and clock we could get out of it. Second, but just as important, was the payoff in the play action pass that so much running produces. We totally didn't get the benefit of that.

Carson will be better next year. Division title.

Offer the Eagles a 2nd for Kolb maybe? :P

I've been seeing where the Eagles may be more inclined to keep Kolb as the future. Vick is going to get to much money and will get released more than likely and McNabb is getting old. With the uncapped year, I think you will see people dumping contracts to move on. McNabb may be in that spot.

Carson isn't going anywhere.

I've been seeing where the Eagles may be more inclined to keep Kolb as the future. Vick is going to get to much money and will get released more than likely and McNabb is getting old. With the uncapped year, I think you will see people dumping contracts to move on. McNabb may be in that spot.

Carson isn't going anywhere.

Just curious y McNabb is in that category but Carson is not?