Man Arrested at Jets vs Chargers game

Kazkal

I'd bet that there is more to this story than what is shown in the video. Odds are this guy deserved to get removed from the stands.

I think his actions in making his arrest/removal as difficult as possible speaks volumes.

I would think that too besides the fact the home Fans of the team that were getting stomped were even screaming he didn't do anything the fact that they took a chargers fan out for defending the guy...Hell they were even yelling he had stuff thrown at him not vice versa....So I'm sticking with the jets fan and those cops were just a bunch of douchebags.

that is sad. I would bet that he just made alot of money, if you notice the wife/girlfreind is taking info from some of the Charger fans for later use against the KGB style police force. Since when is being a fan of the wining away team a crime, all he was doing was cheering. You can hear the Charger fans in the area telling the so-called police that over and over again.

This is typical of some of the people that feel the need to become policemen, they have a self-esteem problem to begin with and when they are afforded the little power that a policeman should have, they abuse said powers.

Some of these policemen should lose thier jobs because of this. Use your heads, as someone said earlier, people now have vid cams on them all the time, stuff like this can not be gotten away with anymore.

The worst part is at the very end when the cop asks a citizen if he wants to "step outside", which we all know is challenging him to a fight. WTF? Since when are police allowed to challenge you to a physical altercation? Then he just detains him because he's all mad. Now, I know it sucks but the police can detain you for any reason they see fit. There's nothing illegal about it. Detaining does not equal arrest. They have to release you after a certain period, usually 24 hours if they don't charge you with anything. If the Chargers fan somehow actually does get charged with like "obstruction of an officer" or some BS, that last cop is going down. It's all on video and they are screwed. Good riddance.

I respect police and I can't stand the culture were people don't "snitch" but then videos like this and BART shooting show up and I can tell why some people have a problem with cops.

I respect police and I can't stand the culture were people don't "snitch" but then videos like this and BART shooting show up and I can tell why some people have a problem with cops.

Just like any other profession, the deeds of a few make a bad rep for the whole profession. There are some really good cops out there that do their jobs right and don't have power trips. I've ran into a couple of the years that are just total a**h***s just because they can be. Then, I've met some really down to earth cops that are really cool.

Bottom line: It's the cops like the one in that video that ruin it for all the good cops out there.

Just like any other profession, the deeds of a few make a bad rep for the whole profession. There are some really good cops out there that do their jobs right and don't have power trips. I've ran into a couple of the years that are just total a**h***s just because they can be. Then, I've met some really down to earth cops that are really cool.

Bottom line: It's the cops like the one in that video that ruin it for all the good cops out there.

That's exactly right. There's good cops and then a**h*** cops...just as there is good fans and a**h*** fans that ruin it for others.

Something to remember is that cops are cops for a reason. Very frequently you are going to run into egotistical assoles on the police force, it's the nature of the job. I love the military and armed forces, but there are alot of a**h***s there too. Unfortunately we need these a**h*** types on the police force.

It just sucks when you have to deal with one. Now aside from the fact that those cops are "a**h***s", what can Mr. Jet fan do there to not end up arrested. I can count a few things.

I can't control cops from being a**h***s, but I can do some things to not be in a position to get arrested. The best thing to do to avoid an a**h*** cop(s)? Take control of your surroundings.

Forgetting the legality of the arrest/detention, let's just look at the arrest itself. Drunken citizen resists as hard as he possibly can. The cops, as calmly as they could, got him handcuffed. We've all seen cops act a lot worse than this.

I don't see the big issue here, unless it is the fact that he's getting arrested, in which case I'd like to see what preceded the point at which the camera was turned on.

My biggest problem is with the cop that makes the witness leave the scene after the guy says he doesn't want to go anywhere with the police. If the cop had just told the guy come with us we want your statement, no problem. But to ask the guy first, want to "step outside"? then when the guy says no, he makes him come with him. Just an abuse of power by a power-tripping douche. But again, we've all seen worse and I'm sure some of us here have experienced worse.

PS - if that had been a Steeler fan in PBS I would have been screaming at the cop to use his PR-24, his mace, his stun gun, anything, chokehold the guy, whatever, just inflict.

Forgetting the legality of the arrest/detention, let's just look at the arrest itself. Drunken citizen resists as hard as he possibly can. The cops, as calmly as they could, got him handcuffed. We've all seen cops act a lot worse than this.

I don't see the big issue here, unless it is the fact that he's getting arrested, in which case I'd like to see what preceded the point at which the camera was turned on.

Agreed. Not sure why he was being arrested. But cooperating rather than forcing them to handcuff him would have been beneficial. They didn't use excessive force. They were clearly the messengers in this situation. They weren't walking around looking for people to kick out. Resisting arrest is a crime in and of itself, and there would have been no need for handcuffs and him being carried out of the stadium if he had simply followed a few simple instructions in the process.