If you are afraid of the Texans, I am so glad to be playing you!&#

LesterLyles

I am Jets fan here in Cincy. My personal opinion about this week's game is that last week's result will have little bearing on the game. As we all know, things change from week to week in this league and obviously the Bengals had nothing to play for while the Jets did. The Bengals did not want to be there and I can't blame them and teams can't win that way with that kind of approach. I get that!! But this idiotic argument that many fans are spewing that you chose us and wanted to avoid the Texans is simply put, idiotic. What are they they, the 72 Dolphins? The Jets whooped the Texans this year. I just don't buy that argument; I don't think the Bengals were simply going to be able to turn it on at 7:30 PM and decide whether they wanted to play or not based on who they would potentially be playing. Its simply a moronic argument but if you really were scared of the Texans sans Slaton and Daniel, I guess maybe last week was no fluke.

I am Jets fan here in Cincy. My personal opinion about this week's game is that last week's result will have little bearing on the game. As we all know, things change from week to week in this league and obviously the Bengals had nothing to play for while the Jets did. The Bengals did not want to be there and I can't blame them and teams can't win that way with that kind of approach. I get that!! But this idiotic argument that many fans are spewing that you chose us and wanted to avoid the Texans is simply put, idiotic. What are they they, the 72 Dolphins? The Jets whooped the Texans this year. I just don't buy that argument; I don't think the Bengals were simply going to be able to turn it on at 7:30 PM and decide whether they wanted to play or not based on who they would potentially be playing. Its simply a moronic argument but if you really were scared of the Texans sans Slaton and Daniel, I guess maybe last week was no fluke.

The Texans match up against us well. The Jets (at least we're hoping don't). Then again this is just the fans speaking. I don't think the players or coaches said a word.

Don't take it personally. Alot of teams would rather play us too.

I am unaware of anyn notion that the bengals "actually" chose to not face the Texans.

The Jets win was a function of one team having almost NOTHING to play for and EVERYTHING to lose, and another having EVERYTHING to play for and NOTHING to lose.

that is it.

now, they play again and both have everything to play for and nothing to lose.

Ask yourself this: Would the Jets have swept the Steelers and Ravens?

NO.

no way.

the Jets are the LAST team in the dance. they are very good on defense but have several GLARING issues on offense. they are 100% run.

The Jets need another 2 years before they assume the NE spot atop the AFCE. They will get there and you should be proud but they will lose this playoff game as they are just not good enough to proceed.

it is simple. face it now to ease the pain on Saturday.

There is no denying the Jets running game. There is also no denying they have a very good defense. NO ONE is denying that, but here's my question.

What does it tell a Jets fan that even though they have the best running game in the league, coupled with the best defense in the league that they are a better matchup for the Bengals than the Texans are ??

This isn't something being made up, it's analysts giving their opinion on the matter. That opinion doesn't equal a win for either team this coming Saturday, but it is what it is. The other thing to consider, that for some reason always seems to get lost is, how were those super cool stats compiled ?? The teams being played do actually come into play and that is why so many people are still making the Bengals the favorite to win the game this weekend.

Once again, none of that equates a win or loss, but is the line of thought out there.

From a Bengals fan perspective, we like your overconfidence, so keep it up. No it's not confidence, it's overconfidence.

Why ?? When your coach starts predicting a Super Bowl run as the last seed, it's overconfidence. Good for him, but misguided by my stance...

We have real problems with Big, Physical WRs who can stretch the field and actually I think it was less choosing the Jets over the Texans as it was choosing the Colts over the Chargers personally. Thankfully there are only a handful of players (Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd etc.) who have the ability to use size over our very good man corners while still being able to get deep, neither the Jets nor the Colts have any of those players so we matchup better against them that all being said we could beat the Colts at Indy or lose badly to the Jets it's anyones guess with this team.

Well the Bengals basically had their worse loss of the year, at home, to the Texans this year, so I don't know why it's "idiotic."

Bottom-line, if the good Bengals' team shows up who should've beaten SD recently on the road, and swept Balt and Pitt, and beat GB on the road, you're in trouble. If the other Bengals' team that shows up, who lost miserably to Minnesota and the Texans and Jets, then you're moving on with relative ease.

Marvin Lewis' teams are inconsistent, undisciplined, and some times just plain stupid. We never know which team will show, but the odds are the better team will Saturday, they will be playing their hearts out and the stadium will be LOUD and freaking cold as hell. Don't understimate those things after last week, we're hoping the Jets do.

Andre Johnson -- that's the name you fail to mention. The Bengals are scared of Andre Johnson (as is most every team in the league). We'll never know if the Bengals "chose" the Jets or not, so any opinion is (I suppose) valid. Along those lines, however, how do you explain Cedric Benson not playing? One thing is pretty clear, however, and that's that the Bengals did not show anything in their game plan and the Jets shot their wad. That doesn't mean that those same plays don't work again this week, only that the Bengals have clearly seen the Jets' best shot. The Jets haven't seen much of the Bengals play book. What this doesn't speak to is the effort that will come from the players and how motivated they will be. There I am pretty confident in saying the Bengals' effort will be far better than last week and that the Jets will, at best, be the same.

I know you're a closet Bengals fan Les, so we'll both just hope for a good entertaining game and -- as these things should be -- the best team advancing.

The Jets haven't seen much of the Bengals play book.

I don't know about that. On Sunday I saw many instances of run straight ahead on 1st and 10, run straight ahead on 2nd and 9, followed by an incompletion on 3rd and 7.

So I'd say they saw 90% of what Brat's got. ;)

To my eye the game plan was geared more toward the pass -- 19 to 18 to be specific. Somewhat uncharacteristic of this team wouldn't you say? I also think they ran fewer of the jumbo packages than usual. Factor in that the TOP was just over 18 min for the Bengals' offense and there's not a lot of looks that the Jets got. Again, I'm not saying the Bengals intentionally punted at every opportunity, but the net-net was that the Jets only lined up 37 times on d. By contrast the Jets ran 73 offensive plays (and I do mean offensive).

The Jets haven't seen much of the Bengals play book.

I don't know about that. On Sunday I saw many instances of run straight ahead on 1st and 10, run straight ahead on 2nd and 9, followed by an incompletion on 3rd and 7.

So I'd say they saw 90% of what Brat's got. ;)

To my eye the game plan was geared more toward the pass -- 19 to 18 to be specific. Somewhat uncharacteristic of this team wouldn't you say? I also think they ran fewer of the jumbo packages than usual. Factor in that the TOP was just over 18 min for the Bengals' offense and there's not a lot of looks that the Jets got. Again, I'm not saying the Bengals intentionally punted at every opportunity, but the net-net was that the Jets only lined up 37 times on d. By contrast the Jets ran 73 offensive plays (and I do mean offensive).

In one way, it almost looked as if Marvin "gave" Rex a stinker of an offensive game to solidify the Jets Defensive stats.

Saturday will reveal everything about the Bengals. If they have something "more", if they have progressed at all.

If not, then Brat has to be done. has to be.