Perception is strange

walzav29

This is an obvious tragedy that has shook up Bengal Land. Here is what I find odd. If he would have just been arrested for domestic violence. There would be Holy Hell going on. Same old Chris, what's gonna happen, yada yada yada. It's in interesting perspective of the media and how it works. I don't know whats more important for the media. Building you up when your gone or tearing you down when your up. Good luck dealing with that athletes.

In all honesty, there will still be questions concerning the fact there was a domestic dipute that lead to his death. I think for as much as people want to respect the fact Chris is gone, that situation still hangs over this like a black cloud. I'm glad people (the media) aren't really harping on the fact that an argument led to this tragic event, but it's still there. Unfortunately, regardless of the strides he was making in his life, it would appear there was something else involved here.

I pray for his family and kids and hope they (the media) continue to focus on what Chris was trying to do with his life...

I haven't seen this anywhere else on the board yet, but an eyewitness is reporting that Henry was quoted as saying, "if you don't stop the truck so we can talk, I'll jump and kill myself." So yeah, it appears that Henry may have may committed suicide.

There's a pretty detailed story about it on PFT, for those who are interested in more details.

I haven't seen this anywhere else on the board yet, but an eyewitness is reporting that Henry was quoted as saying, "if you don't stop the truck so we can talk, I'll jump and kill myself." So yeah, it appears that Henry may have may committed suicide.

There's a pretty detailed story about it on PFT, for those who are interested in more details.

I've heard about this. Just didn't really want to post it.... I hope this is not true. He did have one arm in a cast. Maybe he couldn't hang on with just one arm?

This is an obvious tragedy that has shook up Bengal Land. Here is what I find odd. If he would have just been arrested for domestic violence. There would be Holy Hell going on. Same old Chris, what's gonna happen, yada yada yada.

I think there's a general respect for the dead where they don't do that. But - and I hate to say it - while Chris stopped with the lawbreaking mayhem, he still had trouble with decision making. Just wasn't his thing. I wish he had time to grow out of it.

I've heard about this. Just didn't really want to post it.... I hope this is not true. He did have one arm in a cast. Maybe he couldn't hang on with just one arm?

My hope is that he was threatening to jump and didn't, then lost control. I could see that happening. In fact, this distinction could be important depending on what sort of life insurance he may have had.

I think he was just desperate. He probably thought she was leaving him and was trying to do anything he could just to get her to stay. Anyway it happened it's still a tragedy.

I doubt we'll ever find out the truth.

These are all legitimate points. I think it's ok for us to discuss them, but yesterday would have been the wrong time to do it.

I hadn't heard the suicide angle to this point. But the thoughts did go through my mind last night, as I watched the news saying all the good things about Henry, that he basically died as a result of some aggressive action on his part. Like Ron said, we'll never know the truth. Did the fiancee flee because Henry was being threatening? What would he have done if she had stopped the truck and he'd have gotten ahold of her?

Nobody knows, nor ever will. It doesn't make this less tragic. It also doesn't lessen the strides he appears to have been making to straighten himself out. He didn't go from sinner to saint overnight, as no one does. His bad decision making process led to his death, true. Doesn't mean he hadn't been working on it. He just wasn't completely there yet.

Like everyone, some of the guys I grew up with lived life the wrong way. Then they started to die from the stupid things they did. One funeral in particular, the minister eulogized this guy like he'd live some sort of good life, when in fact everyone there knew he was a murderer and a bad guy. My mom and I left the funeral and I said, "Man that guy talked like Duke was some sort of boy scout."

My mom said something like, "Duke did a lot of things, but he was a lot of things too. He was a son, a little brother, a classmate. That's what we do after they die, we remember what they were, not what they did."

Chris Henry was a good dad to those 3 kids, and a good friend and co-worker for the Bengals, that's all I care about now. I don't even want to read about the lapse in judgement that lead to his death. It's over.

I dunno what the circumstances were. It seems like a situation that got out of hand rapidly and became something bigger than it should have been. No doubt we've all has the mother of all barneys with our significant others, probably about the dumbest, most insignificant s**t, at times. Mercifully we lived to act like idiots with little sense of perspective very occasionally on another day.

Never roll my socks up again biatch! It stretches them out.

I dunno what the circumstances were. It seems like a situation that got out of hand rapidly and became something bigger than it should have been. No doubt we've all has the mother of all barneys with our significant others, probably about the dumbest, most insignificant s**t, at times. Mercifully we lived to act like idiots with little sense of perspective very occasionally on another day.

Stretched out socks? Something better effing change around here or else!!

If rolling up your socks stretches them out, you must have some skinny ass Chicken Legs, goin on there.

If rolling up your socks stretches them out, you must have some skinny ass Chicken Legs, goin on there.

Not really. I'm 6'5" so I have large feet (leaving obvious innuendo aside) and consequently the socks aren't exactly snug. Socks stretching out have never been a problem really, just throwing it out an example of silly s**t to argue over. For instance, I'm in the room, at the opposite end, and my wife basically throws red wine all over her new shirt - my fault. My wife puts something red into the wash with a white top of mine which naturally comes out pink and slightly shrunk - hilarious.