F*** the Chargers

walzav29

We lost 1 game on the road to a 10-2 team who is undefeated in their dumb dome. The Chargers are a fruity pass finesse team. We're gonna go upside their heads AFC North style. Hall and JJ will shut their receivers down, and they run like crap. Thats 1 dimensional. The team will bounce back like they have all season.

Bengals 24

SD 7

I'm sick of acting like we're some shakey scared team. We need some swagger. Chargers suck.

Walzav, you enigmatic bastard. :lol:

I don't expect the Bengals to get plastered again. The Chargers have two glaring weaknesses that play well into the Bengals' hands -- they can't run and they can give up points. I don't know if that'll be enough to overcome all the variables working against Cincinnati, i.e. the anemic passing game or the west coast demons.

Nothing shakey about it. It depends who builds up a cushion first. if it's us, we have a damn good chance of winning out. If we have to play catch up again at this point in the season, we're fuct. Proper fuct. Just not built for it or indeed capable of playing catch up right now.

Gone are the days of a shootout with this team.

Nothing shakey about it. It depends who builds up a cushion first. if it's us, we have a damn good chance of winning out. If we have to play catch up again at this point in the season, we're fuct. Proper fuct. Just not built for it or indeed capable of playing catch up right now.

I hated the shoot-out days and just for this reason. The Chargers. We all remember that horrific day we blew the 21-0 lead in Cincinnati! I remember watching that game just wishing that the Bengals had a defense. NOW THEY DO. In the scenario We're the Steelers and they're the old Bengals. Let's beat them down!

I hated the shoot-out days and just for this reason. The Chargers. We all remember that horrific day we blew the 21-0 lead in Cincinnati! I remember watching that game just wishing that the Bengals had a defense. NOW THEY DO. In the scenario We're the Steelers and they're the old Bengals. Let's beat them down!

I hear you. I remember still being nervous at HT. We were up by about 4 scores FFS! It was heart-breaking to watch them inevitably claw back the points one score at a time. Even some really rotund TE with a more impossible-to-spell last than Rey scored I think.

We lost 1 game on the road to a 10-2 team who is undefeated in their dumb dome. The Chargers are a fruity pass finesse team. We're gonna go upside their heads AFC North style.

LOL

Just like we beat up on the other AFC West (teams the raiders and broncos) AFC North style? In case you haven't noticed, the AFC North sucks. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the bengals are winless against AFC teams outside the "mighty" AFC North.

bengals are winless against AFC teams outside the "mighty" AFC North.

You sure love to make this point, but you've not to my knowledge expanded on it. Why do you think the Bengals are 0-3 against Denver, Houston, and Oakland despite being 6-0 against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Detroit?

Without filling in the missing links in your ever-unique Pongian threads of logic, we as readers are forced to do it for you. As I observe, you're stating that Denver, Houston, and Oakland are all individually better than all of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. Do you feel that way? If so, do you feel that the Bengals losing those games to those superior teams foreshadows their performance against AFC playoff teams that you must consider to be of similar worth?

Essentially, you're saying the Bengals can't beat San Diego because they didn't beat Denver, Houston, or Oakland. But they can beat Pittsburgh, who trounced San Diego. Just expand, Pong. For everyone's sake.

bengals are winless against AFC teams outside the "mighty" AFC North.

You sure love to make this point, but you've not to my knowledge expanded on it. Why do you think the Bengals are 0-3 against Denver, Houston, and Oakland despite being 6-0 against Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Detroit?

Without filling in the missing links in your ever-unique Pongian threads of logic, we as readers are forced to do it for you. As I observe, you're stating that Denver, Houston, and Oakland are all individually better than all of Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland. Do you feel that way? If so, do you feel that the Bengals losing those games to those superior teams foreshadows their performance against AFC playoff teams of what you must consider to be of similar worth?

Essentially, you're saying the Bengals can't beat San Diego because they didn't beat Denver, Houston, or Oakland. But they can beat Pittsburgh, who trounced San Diego. Just expand, Pong. For everyone's sake.

I think they got beat by Houston because the Bengals have the worst time stopping the screen game, and have a harder time covering the tight ends. They seem to have trouble against really good passing teams. Thats why this week is going to be hard, yea the Bengals have two great corners, but who is going to cover Gates this week, who will cover Darren or LT out of the backfield, i think the LBs were exposed bad in the vikes, and Houston game. Now as far as the other games im not sure, i think this team has a way to playing down to the compition bad. I thought they played a heck of a game against Denver at least on the defense side of the ball. Well im not Pong, but thats what i see when they played these other teams. Oh and there was not much offense going on in those games.

I think they got beat by Houston because the Bengals have the worst time stopping the screen game, and have a harder time covering the tight ends. They seem to have trouble against really good passing teams. Thats why this week is going to be hard, yea the Bengals have two great corners, but who is going to cover Gates this week, who will cover Darren or LT out of the backfield, i think the LBs were exposed bad in the vikes, and Houston game. Now as far as the other games im not sure, i think this team has a way to playing down to the compition bad. I thought they played a heck of a game against Denver at least on the defense side of the ball. Well im not Pong, but thats what i see when they played these other teams. Oh and there was not much offense going on in those games.

That's just it, volcom. I agree with you that the Bengals lost to Houston because of unfavorable defensive matchups and a few bad turnovers offensively. They didn't lose to Houston because they're incapable of beating an AFC team outside the AFC North, as Pong indirectly suggests without any explanation whatsoever.

I think we couldn't stop Houston because our defensive coordinator wasn't focused on football scheming that week, but arranging for the burial of his wife. As for Oakland we overlooked them and Denver despite the miracle, just beat us. I notice one wrinkle this week. The Bengals are heading West on Friday instead of Sat.

BENGALS ARE GONNA OBLITERATE THOSE CHARGERS! BY TIME WERE DONE WITH THEM THEY'LL WISH THEY NEVER SHOWED UP ON SUNDAY!!! :bengal: And if they don't win, I don't know hahaha... :D

I think we couldn't stop Houston because our defensive coordinator wasn't focused on football scheming that week, but arranging for the burial of his wife. As for Oakland we overlooked them and Denver despite the miracle, just beat us. I notice one wrinkle this week. The Bengals are heading West on Friday instead of Sat.

Heading out friday is a plus, i didnt like them going out Saturday the last time.

I am going to this game with my sister. We got BOX seats! wooohoooo! Free executive parking? Check. Private lobby with all of the other NFL games being shown on TV's? Check. Beer/food being brought to my seat? Check. Watching the Bengals play the Chargers in one of the most meaningful games in recent memory? Priceless.

Go Bengals!