Peko finished?

HairOnFire

Posted Today, 01:08 PM

Peko on crutches

GEOFF HOBSON

Posted Dec 4, 2009

Posted: 11:05 a.m.

Bengals defensive tackle Domata Peko, who has never missed an NFL game in his four seasons, could be on the shelf Sunday for the first time in 60 games with the sprained medial collateral ligament in his knee.

He was on crutches in the locker room Friday morning and clearly not practicing after missing Wednesday and Thursday. He politely declined comment, fueling speculation, but he said it wasn't a season-ending problem and wants head coach Marvin Lewis to address it. That could mean some type of arthroscopic surgery, but Lewis won't be available until after Friday morning's practice.

Peko, who suffered the injury two weeks ago in Oakland, practiced last Friday after being limited Wednesday and Thursday before making his 43rd straight start. He left the game in the third quarter.

Doesn't seem serious.

It's too bad, though. If we had an offense we could count on to score points, we would have had the luxury of holding him out of some of these games against lowly teams like the browns and he'd maybe be ready to play a lot sooner against these good teams we have coming up.

A scope would still have him back in a few weeks.

I don't see finished in that.

Exactly, unless by some chance they see something more serious that was missed on the scans etc. He'd be able to put pressure on it a week to ten days later and start the rehab pretty much immediately after.

A scope would still have him back in a few weeks.

I don't see finished in that.

Too strong?

I guess it might be based upon Peko's statement. Thus, the question mark. Then again, we're still waiting to hear how serious it is and how long he'll be out.

I think his no comment was just a formailty. Taken from a Mathis interview I read recently:

If you think we were being rude by not asking how his injury is coming along we’re not, players simply aren’t allowed to talk to the media regarding injuries. So let’s get straight into it.

Doesn't seem serious.

It's too bad, though. If we had an offense we could count on to score points, we would have had the luxury of holding him out of some of these games against lowly teams like the browns and he'd maybe be ready to play a lot sooner against these good teams we have coming up.

Wow Joes Bitching about the offense again Wow!! Imagine that

A few questions for those of you who have complained about the title of this thread.

The article specifically mentions Peko responding to speculation about the injury being season ending.

Granted, Peko shoots the idea down, but provides no further information, good or bad. Nor does the article provide the answers to the questions Peko refuses to address. For example, how much time is Peko projected to miss?

Finally, it's not mentioned anywhere in the article but I can't help reminding myself how we're suddenly at the point of our glorious saga where the common 4-6 week injury means you are, in fact, done for the rest of the year.

Just saying.