Anyone else annoyed with assumed loss to Minn and SD?

walzav29

we've played much better when as underdogs, so i'll be happy if thats the case for the rest of the season!!

it is annoying how we're still mostly overlooked as a credible playoff team, but with the way the defence is playing, who knows??

if the offence can get a few more points, keep the ball secure and keep TOP up, then i think we stand a real good chance to go 13-3, or at least 12-4

it'll be tough to win in min ,san diego and new york, but its tough to win in green bay, baltimore and pittsburgh.....

it'll be tough to win in min ,san diego and new york, but its tough to win in green bay, baltimore and pittsburgh.....

Yes it was. They just need to keep playing great D and eliminate the mistakes on offense and they'll be fine.

Yes it was. They just need to keep playing great D and eliminate the mistakes on offense and they'll be fine.

I agree. I am more concerned with panalties / turnovers / drops than I am with the run/pass debate. The games we have lost...and should have won...have been more due to errors than playcalling. Yes, we are predictable with the run but because we now have 3 RBs with different styles of running and different skill sets it is still going to be difficult for a defense to scheme against us. I would like to see more play-action, and I think we're going to need it in the run up to a possible play-off berth, but you don't go to Baltimore and Pittsburg's own back yard and win unless you are a good football team. I would like to see us hold on to the ball better, and eliminate the stupid offensive line penalties. But if we have to run our way to a ring, then that is exactly what we will do. Carson said in his interview after the Browns game that he could see deep coverage against the pass, and that he would love nothing more than air it out...but if a defense is covering the pass you run the ball....and run the ball...and run the ball with the occassional short pass to keep them guessing.

Hold on to the ball. Have greater discipline at the line. Be ready to pass when we can or have to. Keep the excellent defense. Win the game.

According to the current power rankings, Minnesota is 3rd, San Diego is 4th, and Cincinnati is 5th. So it shouldn't be a surprise that the Bengals aren't favored. Especially when you consider they are going on the road. Those are pretty brutal back-to-back road games.

SD and Minnesota are running up the score against bad teams with their potent offenses. Meanwhile, the Bengals are continually in close game because their entire game plan is bent on running the clock out as fast as possible. So, don't expect anyone to give the Bengals the benefit of the doubt in either of these games.

To be honest, even as a Bengal homer, I'd be a bit surprised if they won them both. But I'd be equally surprised if they lost them both. I think they'll win one of them with a 20-17 type score and wrap up the division against KC.

It's a bit annoying, especially when SD lost to both the Ravens and Steelers and Minn's only loss was to Pitt and won against the Ravens because of a missed FG. I'm not saying the Bengals should be favored, but people assuming we just lose both games are morons.

It's a bit annoying, especially when SD lost to both the Ravens and Steelers and Minn's only loss was to Pitt and won against the Ravens because of a missed FG. I'm not saying the Bengals should be favored, but people assuming we just lose both games are morons.

So what? The steelers and ravens both destroyed the denver broncos and the bengals still lost to denver at home.

The bengals also lost to the raiders. I bet the steelers destroy the raiders this week.

Those comparisons mean nothing. But, I also assume the bengals are going to win every game they play. It doesn't matter to me what people say before the game. The bengals have the opportunity to go out and prove people wrong. But if they go out and lose both games, then you don't have much right to complain about people who predicted them to lose.

So what? The steelers and ravens both destroyed the denver broncos and the bengals still lost to denver at home.

The bengals also lost to the raiders. I bet the steelers destroy the raiders this week.

Those comparisons mean nothing. But, I also assume the bengals are going to win every game they play. It doesn't matter to me what people say before the game. The bengals have the opportunity to go out and prove people wrong. But if they go out and lose both games, then you don't have much right to complain about people who predicted them to lose.

I think the big point here, though, is how silly it is to think the bengals would need a miracle to beat minnesota.

I think the big point here, though, is how silly it is to think the bengals would need a miracle to beat minnesota.

Thats my point. It was viewed as a miracle that the Bengals went into Green Bay. Oh well. I guess there really aren't any benefits to being favored.

I don't think it's about the fact they won't be favored in those games, but the fact that many are pencilling in wins for both the Vikings and Chargers without much thought and classifying the Bengals as a team that just won't be able to compete. I have no link to provide that thought, only basing it off of what I've listened to on NFL Network or at times, ESPN.

I simply think that thought it flawed as we have seen the Bengals approach games very differently this season and have been able to employ different looks depending on the opponent. It should be interesting in how they appoach the game this week against the Lions, but I don't expect a much varied approach than what we saw last week against the Browns. That should also net them another victory.

I to think they can and expect them to, win each game, but agree with what has been said in regards to either result not really surprising me much.

I think all games are important, but if I knew I was going to take a loss, make it against the Vikings.

If I had to pick loss's it would be those 2 games but Vikings I really do feel we'll walk in there and beat them...Chargers it's hard to say because of bad experiences on the west coast but then again I think they'll be 100% pissed off from raiders game and use it for fuel for the fire.

I agree. I am more concerned with panalties / turnovers / drops than I am with the run/pass debate. The games we have lost...

True for Broncos & Raiders but Texans I would say flat out beat us they came to play that day...Think Injurys hurt us since Carson was relying on TE to much on 3rd downs which ended drives and we just couldn't stop the texans.

I'm not sure what we're talking about here. Who is penciling in either game as an automatic loss? Yeah, the talking heads will pick against the Bengals in road games against powerhouse teams, but they won't be shocked if Cincy pulls out either or both.

Maybe some Bengals fans aren't convinced, but only a tiny minority would think our 8-3 team CAN'T win.

Well considering OCHO is guarded by the best of each team leaving Coles with a much easier task a lot relies on him.

Against the Browns Carson threw to him 9 times and he caught 2. He may be the worst short yardage receiver ever for the Bengals.

How about TJ telling people that guy was crazy for wanting to start Henry over Coles.

Nobody has called him out but everybody knows we got a guy that can' catch the ball.

We haven't scored. Teams leave him open and he can't bust anything just heads for the sidelines.

Hey TJ? TJ from this board how is Coles doing now? 2/9 for 20yds against the Browns who are 1 deep on conrners.

You like Coles now? Boy he is really coming around.

TJ you got schooled!!!

Well considering OCHO is guarded by the best of each team leaving Coles with a much easier task a lot relies on him.

Against the Browns Carson threw to him 9 times and he caught 2. He may be the worst short yardage receiver ever for the Bengals.

How about TJ telling people that guy was crazy for wanting to start Henry over Coles.

Nobody has called him out but everybody knows we got a guy that can' catch the ball.

We haven't scored. Teams leave him open and he can't bust anything just heads for the sidelines.

Hey TJ? TJ from this board how is Coles doing now? 2/9 for 20yds against the Browns who are 1 deep on conrners.

You like Coles now? Boy he is really coming around.

TJ you got schooled!!!

Well hi there Exacta!

It may come as a huge shock to you, but Coles has had some good days to go along with some bad days - like the Cleveland game

Oh, and here's another thing - a receiver actually does more things than does receive - well, complete receivers, that is, not receivers like Ocho Stinko and your bed buddy Cheech.

One question for you - how productive was your boy Cheech in the WK12 Cleveland game? Yeah, kinda hard to even catch two balls when you're on IR.

TJ, you need to learn how to share. Many of the posters on this board don't have a single nemesis...yet you seem to have dozens.

Actully i like TJ (not like that either lol), but i like guys on here who speak there mind!

Anyways im not overlooking the Lions i see nobody here is really talking about them yet. They are coming off a mini bye, and i hope the D-Line is ready to put some pressure on Stafford if not he may have some success finding Calvin and Bryant. Now i dont know much about the Lions, but lets hope they are not looking past them or Stafford could have a bigger day. This team always seems to find a way to have no name QBs do good against them. So i hope the D-line and the blitzes can get to Stafford and plant him a few times, and get some turnovers!

TJ, you need to learn how to share. Many of the posters on this board don't have a single nemesis...yet you seem to have dozens.

Here and I thought you were my nemesis, honeybunches

I dont see the Braintrust Triad or WhurChadAt or Pushy or Exacta or Momslikeme (etc etc ad infinitum) as nemeses.....I mean, a nemesis should be someone who is prepared and ready to defend themselves - fully armed for the battle, as it were.

I am not sure the combined prowess of all those named would amount to so much as a Cork-n-string popgun, to extend the metaphor