Random comments about the team

jjakq27

This morning Mike Golic gave Cincinnati the nod as the most surprising team of the first half of the season and Marvin Lewis the Coach of the Year (so far).

I was a little ticked off at Steve Young last night on Sportcenter because he said he was taking the Steelers because (I may have misheard this but) "the Bengals aren't good." Again I may have misheard his comment but I am pretty sure that is what he said. Maybe someone else saw it or heard it. I thought it was a very dismissive comment but for some reason he has always had some kind of hangup with the Bengals. Maybe because he was on the 49ers or maybe because we would have drafted him No. 1 in 1984 had the USFL not shoved a ton of money his way. In any event, it pissed me off.

I saw SY last night. I can't remember him saying that specifically. In fact, I can't remember him saying much about the Bengals at all. His mouth was too full of Steeler cock.

On Monday Night, he did say that Roethlisberger is only successful because the defense gives him the ball all the time. LOL Take your meds goober!

If it was Young in the Super Bowl instead of Montana, we would've beat their asses.

I saw SY last night. I can't remember him saying that specifically. In fact, I can't remember him saying much about the Bengals at all. His mouth was too full of Steeler cock.

If it was Young in the Super Bowl instead of Montana, we would've beat their asses.

Well, yeah, but if hemmorhoids were money, I'd be sitting on a fortune.

Rodney Harrison was on Dan Patrick's show this morning and at the very first mention of the Bengals stated flat out...."I hate that team."

So, with the formalities and pleasantries out of the way, Patrick then asked Harrison to put his bias aside and answer if the Bengals are for real. Harrison responded by noting how he hated the way the Bengals put together their team this offseason, and...."I didn't see any of this coming."

Patrick follows up by asking if Harrison now "believes" in the Bengals. Harrison quickly noted the suprising passion the Bengals are playing with, the newly found power running game and physical defense....before admitting how he doesn't believe in this team and in fact expects them to crumble during the second half of the season.

Patrick then asked an increasingly loud and snarky Harrison...."Why are you yelling at me?"

Much laughter followed.

Well, yeah, but if hemmorhoids were money, I'd be sitting on a fortune.

BOING!!!

Hopefully we'll not need that sense of humor this Sunday!

Bottom line, Steve Young is not too bright. Every time I see him on the tube he looks a bit like a confused adolescent.

Also, good work getting rid of those Steeler trolls Bengalszone. I'd actually welcome some creative, amusing, interlopers. Those dimwits had nothing.

Bottom line, Steve Young is not too bright. Every time I see him on the tube he looks a bit like a confused adolescent.

Also, good work getting rid of those Steeler trolls Bengalszone. I'd actually welcome some creative, amusing, interlopers. Those dimwits had nothing.

He also has the hair of a lesbian.

Rodney Harrison was on Dan Patrick's show this morning and at the very first mention of the Bengals stated flat out...."I hate that team."

So, with the formalities and pleasantries out of the way, Patrick then asked Harrison to put his bias aside and answer if the Bengals are for real. Harrison responded by noting how he hated the way the Bengals put together their team this offseason, and...."I didn't see any of this coming."

Patrick follows up by asking if Harrison now "believes" in the Bengals. Harrison quickly noted the suprising passion the Bengals are playing with, the newly found power running game and physical defense....before admitting how he doesn't believe in this team and in fact expects them to crumble during the second half of the season.

Patrick then asked an increasingly loud and snarky Harrison...."Why are you yelling at me?"

Much laughter followed.

Let me tell you a little story.

I was doing busines in SD a few weeks ago and a very famous former RB who is now an NFL network analyst was entering the same building I had a meeting in. He was on crutches limping and apparantly just had knee surgery. As we got close to the door, I opened it for my group and for the guy. He said thanks, and I asked about his limp, and he said something like "too many people tried to hurt my knees, so now I got this one fixed." I asked him who would go for his knees/try to hurt him, and he responded Rodney Harrison. I said I never liked that guy, and he basically said noone did/does. I said something like Harrison sounded like another Romanowski, a guy everyone hates but wants on their team. he kind of laughed and said "exactly".

Harrison's pathetic excuse for his HGH ensnarement was innane. He got a pass on that from about everyone and now is a talking head, albeit a poor one. How he has any role as a media/analyst personality is beyond me.

He also has the hair of a lesbian.

He has the hair of someone who lived near Chernobyl. Memo to steve: just cut it short.

Which RB. TD or Faulk? Can you give us a non legally binding hint.

likes golf. a lot.

Ah, thanks. Apart from his sometimes questionable taste in suits, always liked him and he's a decent analyst too. If only NFLN got rid of Theisman, Eisen and Irvin, I could bare to watch more of their progs.

Which RB. TD or Faulk? Can you give us a non legally binding hint.

likes golf. a lot.

Ah, thanks. Apart from his sometimes questionable taste in suits, always liked him and he's a decent analyst too. If only NFLN got rid of Theisman, Eisen and Irvin, I could bare to watch more of their progs.

Not sure who dresses him but have to agree. Maybe his wife, maybe the production team, either way it is money wasted.

Theisman is dreadful. Eisen is the manilla file folder in the office products of TV personalities.

On Monday Night, he did say that Roethlisberger is only successful because the defense gives him the ball all the time. LOL Take your meds goober!

Dude you made me spit my soda out all over the place. LoL"His mouth was so full of Steeler cock". LmFAo

Any particular reason for his ire? Does he have any links with the Steelers or something? I don't get it. It's nice to be hated though, very close to love.

Not sure but I do remember a fair share of trashing talking by him directed at the Bengals a few years back. I think in 2000 or 2001 the Bengals were 2-0 and defeated the pre-Brady Super Bowl tuck-rule Champion Pats (See Drew Bledsoe) in the first or second week. In week 3 the Bengals played the Chargers in SD. Of course, like this year, there were discussion about whether the Bengals were for real, etc. Of course that group got beat pretty soundly and I think that started the downward spiral which became 2002 and the eventual demise of Dick LeBeau. Anyway after the game, Jr. Seau and Harrison were ranting and raving about, we knew they weren't that good, blah, blah, blah.....

One other theory is that perhaps he was cross-contaminated by Corey Dillon when the two were in NE. Not sure. Don't really care but he is a lousy commentator for what it's worth. This year's version of Emmitt Smiff with an anger management problem.

As for Young's original comment, I believe that it was at the tail end of the conversation. The theme was which team needs this game more, etc. Young said the Bengals did and the other commentator (Bob Ley) said "so you are taking the Steelers" and Young said, "yeah, the Bengals aren't (that) good."

Any particular reason for his ire? Does he have any links with the Steelers or something? I don't get it. It's nice to be hated though, very close to love.

Not sure but I do remember a fair share of trashing talking by him directed at the Bengals a few years back. I think in 2000 or 2001 the Bengals were 2-0 and defeated the pre-Brady Super Bowl tuck-rule Champion Pats (See Drew Bledsoe) in the first or second week. In week 3 the Bengals played the Chargers in SD. Of course, like this year, there were discussion about whether the Bengals were for real, etc. Of course that group got beat pretty soundly and I think that started the downward spiral which became 2002 and the eventual demise of Dick LeBeau. Anyway after the game, Jr. Seau and Harrison were ranting and raving about, we knew they weren't that good, blah, blah, blah.....

One other theory is that perhaps he was cross-contaminated by Corey Dillon when the two were in NE. Not sure. Don't really care but he is a lousy commentator for what it's worth. This year's version of Emmitt Smiff with an anger management problem.

As for Young's original comment, I believe that it was at the tail end of the conversation. The theme was which team needs this game more, etc. Young said the Bengals did and the other commentator (Bob Ley) said "so you are taking the Steelers" and Young said, "yeah, the Bengals aren't (that) good."

Oh of course. Dillon is probably it. Thanks for the musings jjakq. Now that you mention it, that ending does sound familiar. I was tuning in and out of the back and forth at that point. Plus I was distracted by SY's hair. Well, f**k him. This is a guy who said Beck would be a good QB for Miami. *pulls face in the direction of SY*

I do think that Dillon was a sour fella, but I won't attribute Harrison's dislike for the Bengals, or otherwise surly attitude, to Dillon.