Bengals vs Ravens After Thoughts 2#

Kazkal

The Bengals will sweep the division.

The only question remaining in my mind is: will they get a first-round bye in the playoffs?

Let's not get hasty here, Jinxboy

The Colts are perfect, so you have to concede the 1 Seed

Seed 2 - 7-1 Broncos (no worse than 7-2 if they lose), 6-2 Bengals, 6-2 Patriots, or 6-2 (maybe) Steelers

Seed 3 and lower gets no bye, and thats a large and powerful crowd for that 2 Seed

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're 4-0 in the division already. The pressure right now, regardless of tomorrow's result, is on the Steelers and they know it.

The Bengals will sweep the division.

The only question remaining in my mind is: will they get a first-round bye in the playoffs?

Ugh, I'd hope so at this point, if we make the POs of course (polite nod to the mocker Gods). The Steelers' playoffs have already started.

The Broncos have been exposed. They won't hold on to the number 2. If we can get to #2. Here's my hope plan.

Ind #1

Bengals #2

Broncos #3

Pats #4

Pitt #5

SD #6

Then Den beats SD, Pitt beats Pats,

We avenge the fluke pass and beat Den, Pitt beats Manning, then we get to humiliate Pittsburgh and go the the Superbowl. Sound good?

The Broncos have been exposed. They won't hold on to the number 2. If we can get to #2. Here's my hope plan.

Ind #1

Bengals #2

Broncos #3

Pats #4

Pitt #5

SD #6

Then Den beats SD, Pitt beats Pats,

We avenge the fluke pass and beat Den, Pitt beats Manning, then we get to humiliate Pittsburgh and go the the Superbowl. Sound good?

I'll drink to that.

we get to humiliate Pittsburgh and go the the Superbowl. Sound good?

*any* scenario that sees us in the superbowl - of course - looks quite good

especially if we beat Pittsburgh to do so, as the metaphorical cherry on the sundae

but all of the 6-1 and 6-2 teams are good, and any of them could claim the 2 seed, including the Broncos

Why we're 6-2 and will make the playoffs.

All you need to know is right here.

One by one, Cedric Benson walked down to the lockers of offensive linemen. Anthony Collins, Nate Livings, Andrew Whitworth, Dennis Roland, Bobbie Williams, Evan Mathis, Kyle Cook - each one of them got a handshake from Benson before he even took off his shoulder pads.

We have a team. For the first time since the 80s, we have an honest-to-goodness team.

Is it too early for me to worry whether they can keep that intact beyond just this year?

Probably. But I do anyhow.

All you need to know is right here.

One by one, Cedric Benson walked down to the lockers of offensive linemen. Anthony Collins, Nate Livings, Andrew Whitworth, Dennis Roland, Bobbie Williams, Evan Mathis, Kyle Cook - each one of them got a handshake from Benson before he even took off his shoulder pads.

We have a team. For the first time since the 80s, we have an honest-to-goodness team.

Is it too early for me to worry whether they can keep that intact beyond just this year?

Probably. But I do anyhow.

Ya know what, they keep Zimmer around, even for another yr only and yes it stays in tact. This D has a lot of youth but youth with experience on it. The D will be the foundation of this team and it's only just been laid, with more to come next offseason.

I love the play of the line and they must continually replenish both lines regularly and Benson has been great for us but that D and a Carson that is kept upright and you can change the pieces on offense around to a degree and this team will be there or thereabouts beyond just this yr.

Keeping Zimmer here for another decade would also be brilliant but even just another couple of yrs (if he does want to dip his toes into the HC role) would be great. The core of the D would be set and so would the mentality even if he were to leave. Marvin staying on is also great for continuity and Zimmer and Marv seem to be largely of the same mind defensively.

We do. We truly do! I just don't know how to deal with it yet.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

If they get beat, they get beat.

But win or lose, I'm proud to be a fan of this team this year.

What happens after the Bengals beat the Steelers next week? I'm surfing several Steeler fans sites, and nary a one mentions concerns about the Bengals laying waste to the Ravens today. It's like we don't exist.

I just don't get it.

I'm surfing several Steeler fans sites, and nary a one mentions concerns about the Bengals laying waste to the Ravens today. It's like we don't exist.

I just don't get it.

Worry not.

I hope we are rated as the 32nd best team in the league right up to the end of the Superbowl

Let teams overlook us, all the better for us if they do not prepare as well as they might otherwise

That said, the Steelers still have not played this week, so they are probably still talking about the broncos Monday night

I'm surfing several Steeler fans sites, and nary a one mentions concerns about the Bengals laying waste to the Ravens today. It's like we don't exist.

I just don't get it.

Worry not.

I hope we are rated as the 32nd best team in the league right up to the end of the Superbowl

Let teams overlook us, all the better for us if they do not prepare as well as they might otherwise

That said, the Steelers still have not played this week, so they are probably still talking about the broncos Monday night

I'm not worried, just confused. Even If things were flipped and Cincinnati played on Monday night, I'd still be concerned on how the Steelers played on Sunday.

Brace yourself people for the analyst bandwagon jump starting tomorrow.

Tomorrow? Please. It's begun.

To me this will be the biggest thing this team has to deal with this year. How will these young guys handle the spotlight? The good thing now I think is Palmer isn't a young guy being led like in 2005. He is a veteran leading in 2009. He's the man!

I think with losing to the Broncos & Texans both games everyone thought they would win they'll remain humble and still want more respect until they win the superbowl ;)

What happens after the Bengals beat the Steelers next week? I'm surfing several Steeler fans sites, and nary a one mentions concerns about the Bengals laying waste to the Ravens today. It's like we don't exist.

I just don't get it.

There's a disturbance in the force on stillers.com. Kaz is representing.

I just don't get it.

/>http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=41279

This thread is nice. It goes quiet all of a sudden. Not a post in 6 weeks.

/>http://www.thesteelersforum.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1240597223

Fun fact from the Cryptkeeper:

When the burden is placed on the cornerbacks, the Ravens have a hard time responding. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Bengals QB Carson Palmer was 8-for-8 for 100 yards when the Ravens loaded the box with extra defenders. When the box is loaded, a defense has to use more man coverage. That's where the Ravens don't matchup.

There's a disturbance in the force on stillers.com. Kaz is representing.

Hehe Ya Been posting on stillers for couple years...For time I wasn't hated simply because I didn't talk shet ever hehe...

Rush yds allowed - 2nd in the league.

Total points allowed - 5th in the league.

Add in Carson at QB...

The 2 best Defensive stats to lead in IMO Yardage can be bit overrated if your not letting them score or turning the ball over...Which our Scoring Defense shows ;)

Passing yards given up

Bears 250 yards (gogo garbage time) 10 pts allowed

Broncos game 243 yards D (Thanks to the Stokely Tip) 12 pts allowed

Ravens game about 190 yards,.5 TD's & 2 interceptions per game... avg of 10.5 per game

Packers game 261 yards 24 points given up (7 from Carsons pick for six & his 2nd pick that ended up what on the 8? so I'd say more like 10 pts:P)

Steelers Game 271 yards 20 points allowed (One of the D's worst games but still made plays when it mattered.

Browns game 269 yards 20 points allowed (Bad for being the browns but still played flawless in OT)

Texans game 392 Yards allowed 28 points this was the only truly bad showing by the D IMO...Didn't help the O couldn't sustain a drive..

so one bad game out of 8 for the Defense I'll take it ^_^