Initial Ravens Week Thoughts

membengal

My initial thought is "we lose". I think we'll compete though, and there will be chances to make a ballgame of it. We have to hold onto the ball as Hoosier just said, and we have to get more pass rush. I don't care if the Bengals are 3rd in the league in sacks, it's a deceiving number and the rush has not been consistent. I hope Zimmer remembers how to be Zimmer this week and pulls his head out of Bresnehan's butt. An effective blitz would go a long way, especially if Gaither can't play or is gimpy.

Personally I don't think i's Zimmer at all. I think once ML see a couple big plays made against them he tells the DC to do whatever they have to do to stop the big plays he's done this with Frazier,Bresh now we're seeing it with Zimmer. No question they have to stop giving up big plays but the problem always has been & continues to be they can't get any pressure without the blitz. ML IMO isn't a gambler. I think he's ok with the bend but not break attitude. ML needs to let Zimmer do his thing . Look if you blitz alot you'll eventually give up a big play but I think the D is better now & does a pretty good job in the red zone & holding teams to FGs . I rather give a play up going all out than to watch a team eat up the clock by dinking & dunking their way down the field unfortunately I don't think ML feels the same way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is running the Defense until Zimmer gets back (I'm sure he's out due to his wifes untimely death)? I think Marvin was setting his team up for this week. He rested Roy and Tank last week, he pulled a LB up from the practice squad, and he started getting Scott in the offense last week. They'll be ready. I'm starting to think we're going to win this game.