Final Thoughts on Steelers game?

Kazkal

First, I'd simply like to say, it's going to be a good week at work with my Commander and First Sergeant being Steeler fans.

Second, what a great game. THey really showed some heart where other Bengal teams would have basically packed it in after being down 13-0 early.

Lastly, I want to apologize to everyone...

You see, I was out with Mrs. ArmyBengal early in the day and didn't have my jersey on. I came home right at kickoff and was so amped up about the game, I simply sat down without thinking about putting on my jersey. I sat through the whole first half in disgust and jerseyless. At halftime, I realized the error in my ways and retrieved my orange Rey Maualuga jersey. The rest is history.

It won't happen again !!!

You should buy them Bengal hats and tell em jump on the bandwagon! ^_^

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Leonard is my hero.

I have some serious issues with the way the clock was handled at the end of the game, but it all worked out...we can discuss that later when some of the victory high has worn off :P

Finally, we can say about the Bengals what we have been saying about the Steelers for the past umpteen seasons. They found a way to win ugly. They looked bad most of the game...they probably should have lost...but they won it anyway. That's what real professionals do.

Looking forward to the NBC recap and highlights. Should be any minute now.

Hey, Rodney Harrison.

f**k. YOU.

Dungy gave us some props...but the last word was "oh those poor super bowl hangover steelers." :rolleyes:

And that last word was from Rodney Harrison.

f**k HIM.

At least Dungy noted that the Bengals were the story for how they took it away from them.

Here's the thing. The Bengals took advantage of being left in that game. They took advantage of the Sweed drop. Of Pittsburgh's inability to run the ball in the second half (seriously, go check out how the D stiffened late). They took the tiniest sliver of an open door, and then threw the door open and forced their way to the win.

I have seen that go against Cincy a LOT. For them to be the ones doing that, and against a team like the Steelers, well, I am beyond gratified as a fan. And THIS is why you stick with it through all the s**t. For improbable days like this.

Here's the thing. The Bengals took advantage of being left in that game. They took advantage of the Sweed drop.

Honestly, we got lucky there. But then again, how many times have they lucked out against the Bengals? ;)

NBC highlight coverage of the game SUCKED. They talked up every other game but ours was 3 AND OUT, so to speak. Ha ha ha

Anyone see the TO post game talk with the press. What a freaking loser. When you are a I I I I I I I team player you end up looking the fool as he has more recently. We are close to having the same thing on our team. I hope Ocho doesn't come full blown ike that idiot TO.

Anyways, good grind out win today. Some no name players grew up some today.

First the Dislikes:

Slow, predictable start.

Terrible Brat playcalls.

Poor clock management.

Brad St. Unemployed.

Shayne "Shankapotomus" Graham missing from 52...badly.

No touches for Bernard Scott, and only a couple (though important) touches for Leonard.

Really bad officiating.

Getting to win at home vs Pitt for the first time in 8 years. Massive monkey off the back.

Winning in a gutty, clutch, "have to make it" kind of way that says volumes about the character of this team. Way to finish by overcoming the defecit, the time of possession, the errors and breakdowns in scheme, they willed the win...at home...against THE nemesis.

Liked Benson running like nails.

Leonard making the most of his catch.

Caldwell making plays. O-line giving Palmer time.

D getting after it.

Rey coming back to show some freaking iron toughness.

Seeing Roland out there mashing some black and yellow.

Defensive attitude of not quitting. Like Yo-Gabba-Gabba says: "Keep trying, keep tying, don't give up, never give up." (Yes, I have a 7, 4 and 1 year old)

At the end of the day, it is a W and not an L. Moving to 1-0 in the division and 2-1 in the standings. Pitt is 1-2. Beautiful.

Hats off to this team for showing the backbone and nads to go and win the game.

This is a defining moment for a team that has quite a lot of talent and ability. Sky's the limit.

Here's the thing. The Bengals took advantage of being left in that game. They took advantage of the Sweed drop.

Honestly, we got lucky there. But then again, how many times have they lucked out against the Bengals? ;)

Of course it was lucky. It was beyond lucky. But that was my point. They took advantage of the luck. They took advantage of being left in that game, within striking distance. They made Pittsburgh pay, and pay dearly, for their mistakes.

HUGE GAME, a must win in my eyes. This could be the head of steam we needed!! Also I didnt think the power rankings came out until after the monday night game? maybe i am wrong, either way WHO DEY

I think he was joking about the rankings if ESPN doesn't put us atleast in top 16 their full of retards...owait...

Of course it was lucky. It was beyond lucky. But that was my point. They took advantage of the luck. They took advantage of being left in that game, within striking distance. They made Pittsburgh pay, and pay dearly, for their mistakes.

nothing wrong with with the ball bouncing our way. lol

Dead on. Success in the NFL is all about taking advantage of opportunities. How many years did we live with the Bengals winning yards and TOP and everything else...yet getting an "L" in the end?

I remain stunned tonight. This is not a game Cincy wins, because they don't do that. Yet...they did.

Hopefully, this is a beginning, not just an accident.

HUGE GAME, a must win in my eyes. This could be the head of steam we needed!! Also I didnt think the power rankings came out until after the monday night game? maybe i am wrong, either way WHO DEY

I think he was joking about the rankings if ESPN doesn't put us atleast in top 16 their full of retards...owait...

Oh maybe your right, who knows about them though, we may have dropped a slot or two lol.

4th quarter.

Down 11.

Drives of 85 yards and 71 yards for touchdowns.

Clutch, Carson Palmer. Clutch.

Yep.

People can say all they want that we didn't deserve to win that game, and they're probably right.

Still, those were two very legitimate drives when it mattered most. We didn't score in the 4th quarter on fluke plays or big defensive lapses by the Steelers. Hat's off to Palmer and company for showing...dare I say it...nerves of "steel"? :P

Oh maybe your right, who knows about them though, we may have dropped a slot or two lol.

Yeah, fellas, that was just a gag, I ought the [espn power ranking] thing would make that clear. Point is, don't be surprised if the storyline is all about how the Steelers have fallen, not how the Bengals are good. Fine by me. Keep wizzing on the little sisters of the poor...motivation is good.

We did deserve to win that game. No luck about it. We were down 13-0 and found a way to win it. Whether it was a marginal improvement by the D at key moments in the 2nd half or Carson going over 150 yds for two TDs in the 4th, the catch by Coles on the the first 4th down conversion or the smarts and second effort by Leonard on the second 4th down conversion, I dunno.

All those little things added up though and we came out with a deserved win.

The best part of the whole game was punching in the 2 point conversion at the end. Just a little exclamation point but a good way to finish things off with a f**k you.

Also, nice points put up by the D helped out. A team effort today and both sides of the ball can play much better. Penlaty count also seemed to drop off after the half or was that just my imagination. If they did drop off - then good, keep it up.

This is the kind of game they would have lost 2005-2008. They would have lost their heads and it would have ended up 31-6 or something. This time, the D adjusted and found some grit, the O-line made adjustments, and they just generally kept their heads in the game.

Awesome win. And it is extremely possible that a #40 jersey is in my future. Watching him hover over the 1st down line was incredible. I see them using him a LOT more; he's their best short-yardage passing option by far now that #84 is gone.

This is the kind of game they would have lost 2005-2008. They would have lost their heads and it would have ended up 31-6 or something. This time, the D adjusted and found some grit, the O-line made adjustments, and they just generally kept their heads in the game.

Awesome win. And it is extremely possible that a #40 jersey is in my future. Watching him hover over the 1st down line was incredible. I see them using him a LOT more; he's their best short-yardage passing option by far now that #84 is gone.

I love Leonard short yardage too, but, um, Caldwell? All he's done is move chains in big ways for three weeks.