Best Bengal rookie class ever

walzav29

Coffman also hasnt gotten on the field yet.

Hopefully by week 10 - all will be playing and contributing.

Great draft class indeed.

Still would like to see Scott getting a few more looks.

Scott needs to be spelling Benson more early in the season, so both can remain healthy/fresh all year. If Benson goes down, there is no proven runner on the team. Leonard does not seem able to carry the load and Scott has not been given the chance to show what he has.

Maybe Brat has been holding Scott's playbook for the Stealers game?

Scott needs to be spelling Benson more early in the season, so both can remain healthy/fresh all year. If Benson goes down, there is no proven runner on the team. Leonard does not seem able to carry the load and Scott has not been given the chance to show what he has.

I've been crossing my fingers and holding my breath all week w/ this thought. Face is turning blue, but here's hoping... :cheers:

I think you give Brat too much tactical credit.

I think Scott maybe not seeing the field is the same reason DeDe never used to see the field, and the same reason they stuck with Rudi so long when it was clear his tank was empty, and the same reason they gave lots of rope to Perry. The reason is probably Mike Brown.

I think you give Brat too much tactical credit.

I think Scott maybe not seeing the field is the same reason DeDe never used to see the field, and the same reason they stuck with Rudi so long when it was clear his tank was empty, and the same reason they gave lots of rope to Perry. The reason is probably Mike Brown.

BTW, did DeDe ever get picked up by anyone? And is Rudi J playing anywhere?

Thing is, Rudi had one of most productive seasons here when (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Chris Perry was a good change of pace back, able to catch out the backfield and spell Rudi here and there. I am hoping we see Scott develop in that same manner, minus the p*ssy issues...

Chris Perry brought nothing substantial to this team unless we're going to tally up medical bills. The dude was a bust from the day he was drafted. The Bengals dumped him, and no other team has even given this chump a sniff. Garbage in... garbage out.

Thing is, Rudi had one of most productive seasons here when (and I can't believe I'm saying this) Chris Perry was a good change of pace back, able to catch out the backfield and spell Rudi here and there. I am hoping we see Scott develop in that same manner, minus the p*ssy issues...

Chris Perry brought nothing substantial to this team unless we're going to tally up medical bills. The dude was a bust from the day he was drafted. The Bengals dumped him, and no other team has even given this chump a sniff. Garbage in... garbage out.

And imagine, we could've and should've drafted Steven Jackson!!!

Awww...now I'm sad... :(

yes, yes, yes but it was that productivity and tease of more from Perry that resulted in calls from the peanut gallery for more from mr. Glass Ankles. Thety did not use Perry when he was at his best, instead going with the eternal shuffler, Rudi the walk-racer.

They rode Rudi until his threads showed.

The lesson here is that to get the most, best, longest from Benson, they need to more liberally mix in Scott and Leonard. The 2-3 back system is working for the Giants, Miami, Baltimore, Dallas, Minny, NE, etc. Giving the ball to Benson will give him a usefull term of about 750 or so carries. That can happen over 2 years or 4. Only Mike Brown can decide.

yes, yes, yes but it was that productivity and tease of more from Perry that resulted in calls from the peanut gallery for more from mr. Glass Ankles. Thety did not use Perry when he was at his best, instead going with the eternal shuffler, Rudi the walk-racer.

They rode Rudi until his threads showed.

The lesson here is that to get the most, best, longest from Benson, they need to more liberally mix in Scott and Leonard. The 2-3 back system is working for the Giants, Miami, Baltimore, Dallas, Minny, NE, etc. Giving the ball to Benson will give him a usefull term of about 750 or so carries. That can happen over 2 years or 4. Only Mike Brown can decide.

Its great in principle but not reality...

Are you guys somehow under the impression I was a fan of Chris Perry's or something based on my last post ?? Wrong...

I merely pointed out that Rudi had one of his best seasons when Perry was healthy and was able to be the change of pace back they thought they would have out of him for years and that if they were to use B. Scott in that same mode, Benson would not only continue to do well, but probably do it for a longer period of time.

Continue hating Chris Perry though, I do...

Should've been Steven Jackson without thought if they were taking a RB.

All I know is the Bengals running game looked it's very best in a very long time last week, and for the first time in recent memory wasn't seeing productive drives derailed by a poorly timed negative rush attempt. For once the running game was working, and everything else was falling into place because of that success.

When it's going like that I'm not looking for snaps for rookies. Instead, I'm looking for 30 to 35 snaps from my bell cow.

Yes, the Bengals. He's on the roster, just hasn't been activated for any game yet.

As for Rudi, good question - I don't know if he got picked up by anyone after he tore it up for the Lions last year. (Yeah, maybe a little bitterness from me after his lame comments on the way out of town.)

Yes, the Bengals. He's on the roster, just hasn't been activated for any game yet.

As for Rudi, good question - I don't know if he got picked up by anyone after he tore it up for the Lions last year. (Yeah, maybe a little bitterness from me after his lame comments on the way out of town.)

DE DE was waived last week. He hasnt been picked up as far as Ican tell.

Rudi isnt playing NFL football.

This is really a phenomenal class, and we don't even have the #1 playing yet. These are great signs.

I love the rey-rey pick. micheal johnson and bernard scott seem like they will contribute. coffman may be this year's jerome simpson and manboobs was a bad idea from jumpstreet. pretty good class but I wouldn't say the best ever.

All I know is the Bengals running game looked it's very best in a very long time last week, and for the first time in recent memory wasn't seeing productive drives derailed by a poorly timed negative rush attempt. For once the running game was working, and everything else was falling into place because of that success.

When it's going like that I'm not looking for snaps for rookies. Instead, I'm looking for 30 to 35 snaps from my bell cow.

tell that to shaun alexander, rudi johnson, priest holmes and LT. those guys got chewed up and spit out. done.

if scott doesn't know all the schemes yet give it to leonard 7 or 8 times. I see them running ced into the ground.

tell that to shaun alexander, rudi johnson, priest holmes and LT. those guys got chewed up and spit out. done.

if scott doesn't know all the schemes yet give it to leonard 7 or 8 times. I see them running ced into the ground.

What's wrong with that? Many of us mused when they initially brought him in, and then again when they signed him to a 2 year contract, that they likely don't see him as the RB of the future. More likely they view him as a cow to hang a bell on for a couple years. Once his legs are used up and tired, once he demands his big pay day for the role he played... let him walk. Some other team is always willing to overpay.

The Bengals aren't likely terribly interested in how well Benson's legs will hold up 5 years from now if they continue this pace. Rather, they probably want to have him carry the ball as many times as possible in his 2 years here... and then move on to the next guy. The next younger guy with less wear and tear on his legs.

And imagine, we could've and should've drafted Steven Jackson!!!

Awww...now I'm sad... :(

You want to really play this game? You really want to be sad?

THAT SAME DRAFT.........Had we not taken WR Maurice Mann out of Nevada-Reno with pick # 149 of Round 5, WE COULD HAVE DRAFTED RB MICHAEL TURNER WITH PICK #154 OF THAT 5TH ROUND !!!

Seriously, I can play this game All Day.

Nice list. By my count the four players you named include three NFL MVP's and one franchise rushing leader. So tell me again why I don't want this.

Funny, because what I'm seeing is a bunch of fans who paid too much attention to what happened in preseason, and not enough attention to why the Bengals actually beat Green Bay.