Bearcats Football

skyline

• 2 weeks later...

3-0, first non-conference team to win at Oregon State in 13 years

Losing Curtis Young, who is a stud as a hybrid LB/DE in their 3-4, is a blow, hopefully he will be back in a month. Dominique Battle, arguably their best DB, didn't return tonight either with a leg/knee injury. Not good.

They still won by more than a TD, despite a sloppy game. Pike is fun to watch, quickly becoming a 1st day NFL QB possibly.

Bring on Fresno St.

3-0, first non-conference team to win at Oregon State in 13 years

Losing Curtis Young, who is a stud as a hybrid LB/DE in their 3-4, is a blow, hopefully he will be back in a month. Dominique Battle, arguably their best DB, didn't return tonight either with a leg/knee injury. Not good.

They still won by more than a TD, despite a sloppy game. Pike is fun to watch, quickly becoming a 1st day NFL QB possibly.

Bring on Fresno St.

I missed the two injuries...

It was great to see them win against a quality team, even when they weren't firing on all cylinders. The offense stopped themselves more than the other way around.

Many thought they wouldn't pull this game out playing AT Oregon State and I really think the Bearcats showed many people today that they are a team that wasn't a flash in the pan last year. Pike and Gilyard are a nice QB/WR combo and this team has some talent all around the roster. I hope they continue to play well. Fresno should give them a pretty good game.

Are Cards fans the OSU fans or (as much as I hate to admit it) Canes fans of Kentucky then Billy?

Pike is playing well again after a good yr last season. Good arm on him, can make all the throws and great touch on his passes. Doing his draft chances no harm at all. If he keeps it up he might be the next Flacco and gets taken even earlier than anyone predicts. Just shows the difference between college ball and the NFL. Pike goes before Tebow in the draft, maybe even the 2nd or 3rd QB taken, despite Tony Kornhole and ESPN anointing Tebow (not that I dislike the guy personally) as the second coming at QB. Tebow will have a Ken Dorsey type NFL career most likely - then again Vince Young was taken 3rd overall. I mean FFS, marketing plays its part I guess.

Clausen, Pike and Hiller are the best prospects I think, taking into account their mechanics, arm strength and accuracy and the team they play on, which, let's face it, really determines what kind of numbers they can put up.

Snead, Bradford and McCoy still have question marks imo.

Not a vintage QB class really.

Are Cards fans the OSU fans or (as much as I hate to admit it) Canes fans of Kentucky then Billy?

As far as the Cards, that as good a way to say it as any Pidge. OSU really doesn't factor in to it south of the Ohio River.

As far as the Cards, that as good a way to say it as any Pidge. OSU really doesn't factor in to it south of the Ohio River.

I see. I know that my father-in-law isn't fond of OSU fans. He's a Bearcats guy anyway as he went to uni there. Are Kentucky & Louisville the main stars of the show in the area?

Are Kentucky & Louisville the main stars of the show in the area?

They are, but I would use the word "Star" more in NCAA Hoops than I would Football.

Of course, not a huge BBall fan but everyone knows about Kentucky there. Plus I know that Ashley Juggs Judd went to Kentucky so UK is A-OK with me!

How can the Bearcats only be ranked #10?

Behind 1 loss teams and they have not played cupcake teams. They should be #4 or 5 at least.

I can't argue with #10. Until they beat teams like USC, Ohio St., etc., they'll be hard-pressed to get a top 5 ranking.

I was thrilled to death with their win yesterday, though. Certainly closer than I would have liked, but their offense is potent.

• 3 weeks later...

Pike is a damn good thrower. Best QB in the class. That aggravation of the arm injury might be an issue though.

It might be a HUGE issue. Kelly said after the game that it didn't look good. Collaros looked alright, but I'm not sure he's ready to lead this time. We'll see...

Very bittersweet win if Pike ends up being out for a significant period of time.

They're a solid team, though, and like coach said...they've been through this QB injury thing before.

Very good game to sit and watch. The Bearcats looked a little slow at times, but overall put a solid game together and appeared to be prepared for the South Florida team that had speed that surprised me when watching. Here's to hoping Pike's injury isn't going to keep him out, because while I liked what I saw from the backup, I won't be thinking we will stay undefeated. Good game though !!!

Pike is a damn good thrower. Best QB in the class. That aggravation of the arm injury might be an issue though.

It might be a HUGE issue. Kelly said after the game that it didn't look good. Collaros looked alright, but I'm not sure he's ready to lead this time. We'll see...

Very bittersweet win if Pike ends up being out for a significant period of time.

They're a solid team, though, and like coach said...they've been through this QB injury thing before.

I agree Collaros won't be ready for this yr but next yr, certainly changes the offense up. Give it a new dimension. I wonder what the deal is with his arm, I think I heard he still has screws in it? Is that going to be a weakness throughout his career now? It might drop him a couple of rnds if it looks like an issue.

Very good game to sit and watch. The Bearcats looked a little slow at times, but overall put a solid game together and appeared to be prepared for the South Florida team that had speed that surprised me when watching. Here's to hoping Pike's injury isn't going to keep him out, because while I liked what I saw from the backup, I won't be thinking we will stay undefeated. Good game though !!!

Yeah, USF and UCF both have good quick players. It's part of the reason, although not a major part, for our recent barren yrs. We used to hoover up all the talent from the lower half of FLA and now USF and UCF are taking a few players away from us each yr. They have some of that S.FLA speed. Hopefully we put UCF to the sword this weekend and both programs take a hit and sink back into the doldrums.

/selfish bastard