Bearcats Football

skyline

Pike is a damn good thrower. Best QB in the class. That aggravation of the arm injury might be an issue though.

It might be a HUGE issue. Kelly said after the game that it didn't look good. Collaros looked alright, but I'm not sure he's ready to lead this time. We'll see...

Very bittersweet win if Pike ends up being out for a significant period of time.

They're a solid team, though, and like coach said...they've been through this QB injury thing before.

I agree Collaros won't be ready for this yr but next yr, certainly changes the offense up. Give it a new dimension. I wonder what the deal is with his arm, I think I heard he still has screws in it? Is that going to be a weakness throughout his career now? It might drop him a couple of rnds if it looks like an issue.

The word as of this morning is that the plate in his arm has shifted. He's definitely out next week against Louisville, but beyond that depends on whether or not it's going to require surgery. We'll find out today, supposedly.

• 3 weeks later...

That Boise State loss still hurting them. If they win out though they'll have a hell of a lot of momentum.

Oregon can not climb any higher than Boise State, if the Broncos stay unbeaten. The Ducks were manhandled on the Blue turf.

Very true. If only there was some way we could settle this on the field and not just whip out bits of paper and grade other teams arbitrarily. They could call it something snazzy like 'the playoffs'.

Can the Bearcats and Bosie St play each other for the tital?

No way in hell. They aren't "sexy" programs. Look at the ball washing my Canes got after an admittedly surprisingly good first couple of weeks. Cincy and Boise St still don't get any love after two months, Cincy especially. TCU has an outside chance, mainly because they have Texas in their name. Cincy though, almost like - yeah they're good, no real obvious weakness, real solid team - now onto the Ducks who are the flavour of the week. Oh s**t, they lost, ah well there's still TCU