What about Tarvaris?

SupaBran

We offered Vick a contract but he went to Philly instead, so I can't say that this surprised me too much.

Most likely destination if the Vikings are able to trade QB Tarvaris Jackson would seem Cincinnati, with Buffalo and Jacksonville secondary choices.

So were in first to trade for Tarvaris Jackson? I wonder if there is any truth to this or just speculation? It would be awesome if we did trade for him, he's really good!

We offered Vick a contract but he went to Philly instead, so I can't say that this surprised me too much.

Most likely destination if the Vikings are able to trade QB Tarvaris Jackson would seem Cincinnati, with Buffalo and Jacksonville secondary choices.

So were in first to trade for Tarvaris Jackson? I wonder if there is any truth to this or just speculation? It would be awesome if we did trade for him, he's really good!

Jordan Palmer for him straight up? Sure. Otherwise, nope. He's pretty good, but we don't appear to need him with Carson's (hopeful) status.

Cost too much so pass (I did want him as a backup the year he came out he was project 2nd day though>_<)

How do you know what it will cost? What if its a conditional draft pick and if he doesn't play(hopefully he wouldn't have to) then its only a 7th rounder, and if Carson does get hurt then we have a uber talented backup QB who can start in this league!

I really like what JT has brought to the table so far. Baby Palmer still throws too many picks, but he's done well enough. I think we're fine with what we have.

Besides, it took Tavaris a long time to learn the offense up there, if we brought him in now he'd be useless this year.

If he could be had for a 5th round pick or later, I'd be OK with picking up TJ. We still need a long-term solution at backup QB, and there's a reason O'Sully's been on like 8 or 9 teams so far in his career.

I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that JT O'Sullivan is the answer in playing against a lot of vanilla defenses in August. Fitz looked decent last preseason, too.

There will be a number of good signal callers available tomorrow afternoon, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals go after one, but my better judgement tells me that they'll probably stand pat at the QB position.

If he could be had for a 5th round pick or later, I'd be OK with picking up TJ. We still need a long-term solution at backup QB, and there's a reason O'Sully's been on like 8 or 9 teams so far in his career.

I wouldn't go as far as to suggest that JT O'Sullivan is the answer in playing against a lot of vanilla defenses in August. Fitz looked decent last preseason, too.

There will be a number of good signal callers available tomorrow afternoon, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals go after one, but my better judgement tells me that they'll probably stand pat at the QB position.

I agree completely, which is why I started this topic! While I liked O'Sully better than Ryan s**tzpatrick, everybody is all on JT man junk just b/c of the preseason get over it! Tarvaris is a very talented, young maybe future QB for us! If we could get Tarvaris, I would outright release JT and keep Tarvaris and Basement Jordan as the backups

I agree completely, which is why I started this topic! While I liked O'Sully better than Ryan s**tzpatrick, everybody is all on JT man junk just b/c of the preseason get over it! Tarvaris is a very talented, young maybe future QB for us! If we could get Tarvaris, I would outright release JT and keep Tarvaris and Basement Jordan as the backups

Like somebody said above if TJ comes in here now he will never be ready before opening day not knowing our system, JT has done great, when given protection. You can say preseason or not, he faced alot of #1 defenses and did just fine when given time to get rid of the ball. I think it would be stupid to go after something this team really dosnt need, without going after postions that are in need like TE, and CB.

Cost too much so pass (I did want him as a backup the year he came out he was project 2nd day though>_<)

How do you know what it will cost? What if its a conditional draft pick and if he doesn't play(hopefully he wouldn't have to) then its only a 7th rounder, and if Carson does get hurt then we have a uber talented backup QB who can start in this league!

Because 7th is too much for a 3rd string QB I don't see him as upgrade over jordan

Because 7th is too much for a 3rd string QB I don't see him as upgrade over jordan

Ur funkin retarded if you don't think he's an upgrade over Jordan

Hey, friend, it's possible to disagree without being disrespectful.

As for the point, is he an upgrade of O'Sullivan is the question, I would think, as they wouldn't sign Jackson to come in as the #3, and I don't think it makes a lot of sense to spend the kind of coin it would take to have both Jackson and O'Sullivan on the roster. Is Jordan Palmer showing enough signs of life that he can be the long-term back-up answer at qb? I guess that's up to the coaches, but I think he is.

Should they take Jackson and cut O'Sullivan? Hard to say they should, given that O'Sullivan is in the system now.

He's getting traded by one of the teams with the worst QB's in the league,Not saying much for the guy sorry you got a mancrush on him.

Hey, friend, it's possible to disagree without being disrespectful.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think this guy's Tarvaris' agent. Signed on here August 29--when the trade rumors about TJ began to swirl--and hasn't posted anything on this board but trying to sell us on Tarvaris.

Hmmmmm...

J. Palmer knows the system and TJ would have to come in here and learn a new system, when he couldnt even understand the Vikings offense till his 2nd season. I dont like J.Palmer his play is sloppy at best, expect last night he looked ok, but there is no way TJ is better then JT at this moment, so why get rid of someone that knows the system and is a good back-up for a guy that dosnt know anything about this system. Why so much love TJ anyways its not like he has done anything special, if you ask me he is still very Raw. He should go somewhere where he will be the starter in a couple years, and not here where wont be starting.

J. Palmer knows the system and TJ would have to come in here and learn a new system, when he couldnt even understand the Vikings offense till his 2nd season. I dont like J.Palmer his play is sloppy at best, expect last night he looked ok, but there is no way TJ is better then JT at this moment, so why get rid of someone that knows the system and is a good back-up for a guy that dosnt know anything about this system. Why so much love TJ anyways its not like he has done anything special, if you ask me he is still very Raw. He should go somewhere where he will be the starter in a couple years, and not here where wont be starting.

Lol...you guys are funny, I'm not his agent...argh...lets move on! I agree with you is very raw but he has so much upside, he reminds me of McNabb! I know let me explain, he has just as strong of an arm and he has better mobility! Just my opinion. Btw, I'm getting sick and tired of Carson becoming Mr. Glass, if we suck this year again I think its almost rebuilding time again, so I'm trying to plan for the future!

P.S. I had a couple different user names I would periodly post on here with I just forgot them, but I have been coming to this site for years, you guys are great!

P.P.S. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, I was just kidding! If you guys can't take joke I'll just be dead serious from now on

Joke away, but with nine posts and not knowing you have a history on the site, calling someone "f**kin' retarded" for their opinion seems an odd way to express humor.

I don't know that I disagree on Carson and the future (or that I agree) at this point, but I do know that I don't want to be part of any future where Tavaris Jackson is seen as a viable Carson replacement. If they decide Carson is Mr. Glass, they better have a better long-term plan than Jackson...

Joke away, but with nine posts and not knowing you have a history on the site, calling someone "f**kin' retarded" for their opinion seems an odd way to express humor.

I don't know that I disagree on Carson and the future (or that I agree) at this point, but I do know that I don't want to be part of any future where Tavaris Jackson is seen as a viable Carson replacement. If they decide Carson is Mr. Glass, they better have a better long-term plan than Jackson...

I didn't call him a f**kin retard, I called him a funkin retard...get it right if your gonna cry about something I said! You better get used to it b/c I'm gonna be here everyday expresses my opinion

I didn't call him a f**kin retard, I called him a funkin retard...get it right if your gonna cry about something I said! You better get used to it b/c I'm gonna be here everyday expresses my opinion

Geesh. Sensitive are we? You call names, and then get defensive when someone says it's an odd way of expressing humor?

Who is "funkin retarded?"

:lmao:

Oh my!

Oh my!

GHD? Is that you?

Oh my!

What the funk? You better not be funkin' with him. He'll funkin' call you some crazy funkin' names, then get funkin' offended when someone funkin' says something about it. He'll funk you up!

Back the funk up motherfunker.

Oh my!

What the funk? You better not be funkin' with him. He'll funkin' call you some crazy funkin' names, then get funkin' offended when someone funkin' says something about it. He'll funk you up!

Back the funk up motherfunker.

Knock that stuff off, you son of a biscuit!

I get so tired of internet tough guys. Look, express your opinion all you f**king want, but do it in a way that doesn't f**king name-call. How about that?