Will Chris Henry be really good this year?

az1234

I ask because I'm strongly considering picking up Chris Henry as a free agent from my fantasy league. There's quite a few players that I consider to have good value but the way the roster is set-up you need to stack up on either WRs or RBs. I narrowed it down to 3 receivers mostly because they are expected to start as a #2 based on report. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, and Chris Henry.

When I look at the preseason stats for wide receivers at NFL.com Chris Henry is outperforming ALL receivers. I know it's preseason so it isn't wise to look too much into it but I haven't seen him play on TV yet. That is why I'm asking you Bengals fans if it would be wise to pick him up? I've studied this and feel pretty good and with what Carson Palmer said ""I'm very close with him. We spend a lot of time together. I've seen it firsthand. He's a different person," and also referring to him as "Randy Moss Jr." is very encouraging.

But I would like to hear from Bengal fans directly. What do you see or don't see about Chris Henry's value?

I ask because I'm strongly considering picking up Chris Henry as a free agent from my fantasy league. There's quite a few players that I consider to have good value but the way the roster is set-up you need to stack up on either WRs or RBs. I narrowed it down to 3 receivers mostly because they are expected to start as a #2 based on report. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Troy Williamson, and Chris Henry.

When I look at the preseason stats for wide receivers at NFL.com Chris Henry is outperforming ALL receivers. I know it's preseason so it isn't wise to look too much into it but I haven't seen him play on TV yet. That is why I'm asking you Bengals fans if it would be wise to pick him up? I've studied this and feel pretty good and with what Carson Palmer said ""I'm very close with him. We spend a lot of time together. I've seen it firsthand. He's a different person," and also referring to him as "Randy Moss Jr." is very encouraging.

But I would like to hear from Bengal fans directly. What do you see or don't see about Chris Henry's value?

As a true FFL player, I see a solid upside to taking Henry in this years draft. If I find him available in round 5/6, I wouldn't pass on him.

As a true FFL player, I see a solid upside to taking Henry in this years draft. If I find him available in round 5/6, I wouldn't pass on him.

Oh my draft is over with. Henry went undrafted and I have too many QBs(3) for the way the roster is set up. Considering that you wouldn't pass on him in a draft I'll probably end up picking him up from FA.

Oh my draft is over with. Henry went undrafted and I have too many QBs(3) for the way the roster is set up. Considering that you wouldn't pass on him in a draft I'll probably end up picking him up from FA.

3 QB's!?! You went overboard.

Good number 3# year but all this talk about him starting sounds like BS atm.

I really don't know for sure. Just various reports expect him to start as a #2 opposite Ocho Cinco. I don't know much of anything about the Bengals which is why I came here. It's either Henry, Williamson, or Heyward-Bey only because I read reports that those 3 are expected to start. Other players like Mark Clayton and Issac Bruce are available but Baltimore likes to run the ball a lot and Issac Bruce is getting old that's why I narrowed it down to 3 but there are 2 others I'm considering.

Williamson - Sucks. Can't catch. If he were going to be any good, he'd have done it by now. Pass.

DHB - Sucks. Can't catch. Plays in a terrible offense. Rookie, and rookie WRs generally don't do much. Pass.

I'd take Henry over them. He would be a good pickup in a league that weights TDs heavily, since he's pretty much a TD machine. If you have a roster spot to burn, he's worth a gamble. Word of caution though - currently, Laverneus Coles is the Bengals #2. But if things go well for Henry, he should still get more TDs than Coles.

What kind of a league are you in bro? Henry went undrafted? Wow, PICK HIM UP NOW! He's a stud. He should be your #3 WR if your league plays 3 WR's.

Touchdowns are weighed at 6 points over the Yahoo average of 4 pts. Also you're scored a point for every 10 yards of receiving.

The starting roster is set up like this.

QB

WR

WR

RB

RB

TE

WR/RB

WR/TE

WR/RB/TE

K

DEF

So having a lot of quality receivers is very important. If you're wondering I added Chris Henry to my roster but I had no idea Coles was on the Bengals which would've been taken into consideration before taking Henry. However at this point I like him over Williamson, Heyward-Bey, Bruce, and Clayton.

The thing about Henry is that he'll probably score more points than many of the WR's on that roster, but he'll do it in a very inconsistent manner. He's going to have weeks where he only gets 15 yards. Other weeks he might get 2 TD's. It will be very difficult to know when to play him. And when you do play him, it'll be boom or bust.

Pat Kirwan said yesterday that he may have taken the place of Chad. Can you believe that?

Pat may be stretching things a bit with that comment. I expect Henry to be better this season, but not to the point that his production is the equal of Chads.

Pat Kirwan said yesterday that he may have taken the place of Chad. Can you believe that?

Pat may be stretching things a bit with that comment. I expect Henry to be better this season, but not to the point that his production is the equal of Chads.

Yeah, that's crazy. I know it's only preseason, but I don't think Chad was joking about showing up in the best shape of his life. I think he's also been working with Carson more to get on the same page.

I don't think we'll see the same sorts of arguments over who made the wrong read on hot routes, that sort of thing. He's also clearly faster, and he's been fighting for YAC even in preseason (something he usually doesn't do in the real season).

So I'm very optimistic about Chad this year. Looks like he's still the #1 for sure - especially with Henry still doing goofy things like taunting the other team's bench, and not tackling after interceptions.

Nothing that comes out of the talking heads' mouths surprises me any more. Someone with such a flimsy grasp of pro football needs to be carted off the glue factory. Unfortunately the press offices of various sports sites/papers are closer by and so they just get dropped off there seemingly.

Slim will get TDs as he's a nightmare for Ds in the RZ. He won't even see the majority of snaps in games though, never mind equalling the starters' numbers.

Just how incompetent/insane/bone idle do these scrubs who opine about the NFL for a living have to be before they get canned?