Converting my brother from a Lions fan to a Bengals fan

walzav29

I've been a Bengal fan since I was a little kid for some reason, and thank GOD I didn't root for Detroit. After their 0-16 season my brother is going to try and love the Bengals. I told him to know the answers to these questions by week 1.

1. Who was the founder of the CIncinnati Bengals?

2. Name any Cincinnati Bengal player in the Hall of Fame

3. What Bengal has his number retired?

4. What was Ickey Woods 1st number in the NFL. At the end of 1988 he wore #30 at the beginning he had a different number. What was it?

5. Name the 2 Bengals that were League MVP's?

6. What was the 1st season that the Bengals wore their stripes?

7. What is Boomer's 1st name

8. In the Bengals 2 Super Bowl runs they beat this team both times in the playoffs. What team was it?

9. What college did Ken Anderson attend?

10. Will the Bengals win the Super Bowl this year?

Of course my answer to #10 every year is yes! Sure these are easy for us, but am I missing any for a new fan?

yea mike browns record since he took over the team - 101-187-1 and still counting.

As sad as that is, I'm not sure how it stacks up against William Ford's.

I've been a Bengal fan since I was a little kid for some reason, and thank GOD I didn't root for Detroit. After their 0-16 season my brother is going to try and love the Bengals. I told him to know the answers to these questions by week 1.

Why are you trying to convert your brother? My youngest brother is a Lions fan and I would never try that on him. As a matter of fact, the Lions are my second favorite team, me being from Detroit and all. Back on point, why try to convert? It hasn't been that much better over here than there, and there's nothing wrong with being loyal to your team even if they're not doing so good. After all, that's why we're all here, isn't it?

i can't find anyyhing on ford's win lose record. most i can find is one playoff win since he took over in '63. well at least he has a playoff win, brown does not. :lol:

That's 46 years. Give Mikey another 26 and he may do that.

Detroit has gone 31-97 over the past eight seasons. They have not made the playoffs since 1999, which is tied with Buffalo for longest time (EXCEPTION- Texans have never made playoffs). And as stated in the earlier post, Detroit has one playoff win since 1963. No superbowl appearances, and I'm not sure if they won any NFL titles in the pre-superbowl era. The Bengals have a bad history, .......but not that bad. I myself am a firm believer of sticking with your team no matter what, which is why I've been with the Bengals since '84.

Agree. Stick with your team NO MATTER WHAT. I've been a Bengals fan since I can remember (Thanks Dad) and I always will be. I know our front office sucks and is a real detriment to the over success of our team, but they happen to be the team from my home and that is the team I am going to root for. I work with a guy here in Sioux Falls that is originally from Detroit and an avid Lions fan. We have great football conversation, but I applaud the guy for sticking with his team.

He was never really a big football fan. I have had a Bengal disorder since Nov. of 81 and since no one in my family really follows football he noticed that he would pay more attention to the Bengals than the Lions. Here is another useless stat. Unless the Lions go 12-4 this year they will break the Bengals record of the worst loss percentage in Pro Sports history for a decade. THe 90's Bengals have the record right now. When I say pro sports Im talking baseball, hockey, basketball, and football. I didn't actively recruit him. He's just lucky.

If it was that easy to switch teams, I should've jumped to the Patriots years ago B) ...Hey if it's that easy for your bro to leave his team then give it a try, but I'm with the you CAN'T switch teams cause your team sucks...Take it like a true fan it will be that much sweeter when they do win it all...(If ever)

4. What was Ickey Woods 1st number in the NFL. At the end of 1988 he wore #30 at the beginning he had a different number. What was it?

8. In the Bengals 2 Super Bowl runs they beat this team both times in the playoffs. What team was it?

Of course my answer to #10 every year is yes! Sure these are easy for us, but am I missing any for a new fan?

I think this is rediculous. I don't gotta take no test to raise kidz, but you want me to pass one to...be a Bengals' fan? :huh:

And FWIW, if you actually count Charlie Joiner as a valid answer to number 2, I'd vote to take YOUR Bengal fan-card from YOU.

He was never really a big football fan. I have had a Bengal disorder since Nov. of 81 and since no one in my family really follows football he noticed that he would pay more attention to the Bengals than the Lions. Here is another useless stat. Unless the Lions go 12-4 this year they will break the Bengals record of the worst loss percentage in Pro Sports history for a decade. THe 90's Bengals have the record right now. When I say pro sports Im talking baseball, hockey, basketball, and football. I didn't actively recruit him. He's just lucky.

Bandwagon???

I wasn't even alive at this time, but can't help to note the date.

Bandwagon???

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see the word bandwagon anywhere in his post.

Bandwagon???

You missed it. The date he is referring to is Nov. of 1981--two months prior to our glorious team's triumphant emergence as a football super-power of the new decade of the eighties by securing the first Super Bowl berth in it's long and illustrious history.

The appearance, and I actually scratched my head on it as well, is that Wally 'caught the disorder' only because they were stomping mudholes in opponents on the road to said Super Bowl.

Bandwagon???

You missed it. The date he is referring to is Nov. of 1981--two months prior to our glorious team's triumphant emergence as a football super-power of the new decade of the eighties by securing the first Super Bowl berth in it's long and illustrious history.

The appearance, and I actually scratched my head on it as well, is that Wally 'caught the disorder' only because they were stomping mudholes in opponents on the road to said Super Bowl.

Ok, if he was a bangwagon fan he would've definitely moved on to a new team by now.

Bandwagon???

Ok, if he was a bangwagon fan he would've definitely moved on to a new team by now.

Not necessarily...he's out there recruiting disgruntled Lions fans to bandwagon OUR team. I'll give him an A for heart...C for brain, unless he actually considers Charlie Joiner a HOF Bengal, in which case...

ALL BETS ARE OFF!!!!

(everything is said tongue in cheek, Wal...well, everything but the Joiner stuff :) ).

I'm a Lions fan to have been one since 1970. Lem Barney, Alex Karas Greg Landry and then Barry Sanders (the greatest) of all time). Why can't you like two teams Hell there in different Leagues I'm sure there's a lot of U with two favs out there.

I'm a Lions fan to have been one since 1970. Lem Barney, Alex Karas Greg Landry and then Barry Sanders (the greatest) of all time). Why can't you like two teams Hell there in different Leagues I'm sure there's a lot of U with two favs out there.

Heck, with the total accumulated wins and playoff appearances between the two franchises, it appears you'd still have room to squeeze in another team or two to root for.

You can 'like' two teams, but there can be only one (thank you, Highlander). In other words, Lions play the Bengals, who gets your nod? And don't even tell me it's all good either way. Whichever one you pick heads up, that's your team.

Heck, with the total accumulated wins and playoff appearances between the two franchises, it appears you'd still have room to squeeze in another team or two to root for.

You can 'like' two teams, but there can be only one (thank you, Highlander). In other words, Lions play the Bengals, who gets your nod? And don't even tell me it's all good either way. Whichever one you pick heads up, that's your team.

Well, for me, I root for the Bengals when the two play. Any other time I'm rooting for the Lions to win.

Well, for me, I root for the Bengals when the two play. Any other time I'm rooting for the Lions to win.

Then there you go. Completely kosher.