New Bengals team this year!

The Bengals had a great off season. Brought in some key players, and had a great draft. So, what are you looking forward to seeing the most this season?

The play of our revamped Def?

The play of our revamped O-line?

The Running game?

Carson and the passing game?

It's a long shot but the kicking game? We added a new punter and tagged our place kicker.

Me, I'd like to see the def the most. we have some hitters on this squad!

I'm not concerned in the least about the D. zimmer hot some great players, and will be able to run lots of nice schemes. I'm anxious/nervous/excited/happy about the O-line. if it holds up, we've got a great season in front of us.

Oh I'm looking most forward to the next chapter in the Fredo saga. Because everything's Fredo. Everything on this bloody site is Fredo. Everything about this bloody team is Fredo. Fredo. Fredo. Fredo.

No, seriously, I'm looking most forward to seeing the defensive upgrades pan out--and a well placed Roy Williams/Rey Maualuga sandwich smash on Hines Ward.

In this order...

1. Defense - Can't wait to see this Defense hit the field!!

2. O Line - Don't worry about Whit or Andre they will be money. Worried the most about Center.

3. Carson and the passing game - I really hope the O line can hold it down. I wanna see that '05 Palmer again.

4. Running - We need a running game in the worst way!

5. Special teams/punts. - I'm really looking forward to seeing how much speed this team has on ST. I also wanna see our new booter.

What am I'm looking forward to seeing the most ??

O-line and D-line improvement period.

If those two things happen, all the other things will fall into place. Carson will have time to throw and the WR's will be happy. The running game will become something that actually keeps drives going as opposed to not being very useful. The pass rush should reappear, getting more sacks, and getting the defense off the field. Our secondary should also be stellar with a pass rush to force the opposing QB.

A punter that can actually shift playing position and provide good directional kicking would also be more than welcomed.

So, O-line and D-line improvement are the two things I want to see the most.

I have not been this excited about the Bengals defense since the early days of Brian Simmons and Takeo Spikes. So I guess that is the thing I am looking forward to the most. With Roy Williams, Tank Johnson, Rey Maualuga, the return of Crocker and the maturation of our CBs I think this will be the most physical Bengals defense since Coy Bacon went to the Redskins.

Carson meshing with the new receivers (Coles, Simpson, Caldwell, Purify/Urrutia)

The running game, with a new more physical O Line and a year in the system for Benson not to mention the return of the vertical passing game, I have faith that our running game will be substantially improved.

Trepidation

The Center position, but also the Guards I am concerned that Whitworth going to LT will substantially weaken the Guard unit, I have 0 doubt Whitworth can be a good/great LT but I still maintain he is a great LG and I have doubts that Livings will hold up.

Concerns around depth at CB, if we get Hall or Joseph injured we are suddenly very short of nickle corners

Obviously will be very concerned about Andre Smith's contract status

What am I'm looking forward to seeing the most ??

O-line and D-line improvement period.

If those two things happen, all the other things will fall into place. Carson will have time to throw and the WR's will be happy. The running game will become something that actually keeps drives going as opposed to not being very useful. The pass rush should reappear, getting more sacks, and getting the defense off the field. Our secondary should also be stellar with a pass rush to force the opposing QB.

A punter that can actually shift playing position and provide good directional kicking would also be more than welcomed.

So, O-line and D-line improvement are the two things I want to see the most.

Cosign,

BengalzoneBilly

Will Carson come back and be the Carson of old, or could we be talking about needing a QB in the early rounds of the '10 draft?

Is Benson the real deal? If not, see Carson above.

Will Jeremi's reportedly 30-40 pound weight loss alllow him to re-capture his near Pro Bowl form of a few years ago?

Who will contribute more at WR, barring injury...Simpson or Caldwell? The other will be labled a bust.

Roy Williams. A lynchpin to the improving and more physical defense, or Louis Oliver part 2?

When does Luigs start? The over/under should be Week 4.

Will Joseph finally reach his potential and be a shut-down corner for the bulk of the season, or will he become the "new Chris Perry"?

Who gets left in the cold at S? It looks like a battle between Crocker, Roy, Nduke, White, Hebert and Lynch for ultimately 4 or 5 spots (assuming White is PUPd). Somebody won't finish the season as a Cincinnati Bengal.

Will Coles make fans forget about "that other dude", or will fans regret question the Bengals decision to Franchise Shayne?

One final note...

The OL is the major question, but fans will be foolish to expect a miraculous turnaround, even with the focus on the running game. With 4 new opening day starters at 4 positions, this will be a building year for the future, which I'm fine with.