How much is Carson worth???

Clackwoods

What would we get in return for Carson???  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose one of the following

• Two first rounders, a third, another QB
    • Three first round picks
    • Two first rounders and two second rounders
    • A franchise player and a first round pick
    • A franchise player and two second round picks
    • A franchise player and a second rounder
    • Less than a first
    • Swap with another young QB such as Brady Quinn and a second and third rounder
    • Are you serious? Carson is a Bengal til death. Why are we talking about this?

With the recent trade of Jay Cutler, a 25 year old pro bowl quarterback I am left here thinking what we would get if we traded Carson. TRUST ME, in no way am I saying that we should. I am just curious and seeing how their is a lull happening in between the season the draft I think it is a great topic to discuss. He is older than Cutler and he has a history of injury.

Personally, if I was the Broncos I would have taken Julius Peppers, Jake Delohmme and two second round pick for Cutler, but that is me.

what I would want for Carson would be 2 first round picks and a conditional pick as long as the Bengals have a first round pick high enough to get one of the top QBs like Sanchez or Stafford guaranteed. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. For the sake of this poll I am going with the one involving Brady Quinn but I would want a first and a third along with Quinn, not a second and a third.

what I would want for Carson would be 2 first round picks and a conditional pick as long as the Bengals have a first round pick high enough to get one of the top QBs like Sanchez or Stafford guaranteed. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. For the sake of this poll I am going with the one involving Brady Quinn but I would want a first and a third along with Quinn, not a second and a third.

Yea I agree, for whatever reason I can't go back and fix it or I would. I love Carson, he is my second favorite QB in the league (Peyton) and that is only based on track record and endurance. When he is going he is as good as anyone. I love watching him work that no huddle offense!

It really depends on the team you're trading with. 2 first round picks from the Lions means something very different than 2 first round picks from the Titans.

If the Bengals were offered 2 firsts and a third from the Lions, I say yes. If they are coming from the Titans, I say no.

It really is hard to tell what he would be worth. How many teams have gone without a franchise QB for a long period of time while fielding a top defense ??

The Bears fit that role well as they probably feel they are right back in the mix with Cutler at the helm.

If a team is truly dying to get whatever player (Carson) they are looking for, they may give up a sh*tload. The thing with Carson is he's 29 and has had two major injuries. I don't see them getting the same thing the Broncos got for Cutler.

They would either have to put themselves in position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft or get one in trade.

It really is hard to tell what he would be worth. How many teams have gone without a franchise QB for a long period of time while fielding a top defense ??

The Bears fit that role well as they probably feel they are right back in the mix with Cutler at the helm.

If a team is truly dying to get whatever player (Carson) they are looking for, they may give up a sh*tload. The thing with Carson is he's 29 and has had two major injuries. I don't see them getting the same thing the Broncos got for Cutler.

They would either have to put themselves in position to draft one of the top QB's in the draft or get one in trade.

Yeah... but it has everything to do with how teams draft. Teams like the Bears who build defenses are rarely in a position to draft a top QB, because even when they have bad seasons, are not so bad that they have a top 5 pick. And QB is an extremely risky 1st round pick because the bust rate is so high.

Add to that the fact that when a team does get a great QB, they almost never are willing to trade that player. The high salary, combined with the importance of the position make it so that QB's of that quality are traded so rarely that it is almost not worth discussing. A team that has one simply wouldn't be willing to trade one away. That's what makes the Cutler situation so extraordinary.

When Cutler was put on the market, some media outlets claimed that as many as 12 teams were interested in getting involved in talks.

If something happened that caused the Bengals to be willing to openly shop Carson, I assume you'd see a very similar reaction from the other 11 teams that didn't land Cutler. Would the Bengals get two 1sts and a 3rd? Maybe not, because of the things you've mentioned... but I'm willing to bet you'd still hear some amazing offers from teams that think they are a franchise QB away from a championship.

Just thinking about cap hits here and wondering if the Broncos took one for trading Cuter away ??

It actually wasn't that much because they already paid him the majority of his money. The Bears are getting a huge discount over the next few seasons, I am not sure of how much but I read an article on it!

Just thinking about cap hits here and wondering if the Broncos took one for trading Cuter away ??

It actually wasn't that much because they already paid him the majority of his money. The Bears are getting a huge discount over the next few seasons, I am not sure of how much but I read an article on it!

Sounds good, I was just curious and didn't feel like doing the research on my own.

Feeling lazy...

The Browns would glady take him off your hands if you want. We shall give you Derek Anderson and a 1st, 3rd, and a 5th. He's the only good player on that team. Or I'd even give you Derek Anderson and Shaun Rogers if you would like i'd even throw you a 3rd. He's a damn good qb.

I'll pass on that offer Tommy, and you're quite right in saying he's a damn good QB. Now if the Bengals could only provide him a quality offensive line to protect him, I'd be one happy camper!

QB is the most important position on a team. Really good ones are rare. And first round pick QBs bust out all the time. We could get five first round picks for Carson, and have very little chance of drafting anyone close to him. Pass on any draft pic trades for him, it would have to be a very good qb in exchange. I'd take Peyton Manning or Roethlisberger for Carson. I'm not saying anyone would offer that, especially with Carson's recent decline (which we all hope isn't permanent), but I'd take it if they did.

QB is the most important position on a team. Really good ones are rare. And first round pick QBs bust out all the time. We could get five first round picks for Carson, and have very little chance of drafting anyone close to him. Pass on any draft pic trades for him, it would have to be a very good qb in exchange. I'd take Peyton Manning or Roethlisberger for Carson. I'm not saying anyone would offer that, especially with Carson's recent decline (which we all hope isn't permanent), but I'd take it if they did.

5? that is quite a lot.

Really good QB's come around almost every year. It may skip a year but then you get a class like the one with Peyton, or Jim Kelly.

Carson's value is determined by his age and health. noone will say he is not a very good QB but those factors would be the things that drive his value down. Carson is in his prime and has had some dings. He has 5-7 more good years. How many of those will be in Cincy? hopefully all of them.

Really good QB's come around almost every year. It may skip a year but then you get a class like the one with Peyton, or Jim Kelly.

But you don't know which ones are going to be good until a couple years in. Just choosing a qb in the first round is no guarantee he'll be good. A lot of them flame out. For instance, this draft class. Which of the available quarterbacks will be close to Carson in ability and productivity? If any will be, no one knows right now which it will be.

But you don't know which ones are going to be good until a couple years in. Just choosing a qb in the first round is no guarantee he'll be good. A lot of them flame out. For instance, this draft class. Which of the available quarterbacks will be close to Carson in ability and productivity? If any will be, no one knows right now which it will be.

Wasn't there a point in time when people didn't know who was going to be better when looking at Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning ??

Just saying...

5? that is quite a lot.

Carson's value is determined by his age and health. noone will say he is not a very good QB but those factors would be the things that drive his value down. Carson is in his prime and has had some dings. He has 5-7 more good years. How many of those will be in Cincy? hopefully all of them.

Well according to his contract they will be....lol

5? that is quite a lot.

Well according to his contract they will be....lol

Nah. I fully expect him to claim that playing in Cincy has killed his competitive spirit and he will start tanking seasons until they are forced to trade him.

Of course... it is possible that he's not a f**king douche dick face.