Favorite Super Bowl 23 memory

gregstephens

The Bills game...

That one last second field goal to win it. The Redskins maybe?

The Ickey Shuffle.

The way the whole town was electric all week up to the Super Bowl.

And for me personally... Limburger Cheese and Onion on Rye Sandwiches with Cherry Cordial Ice Cream to wash it down with. That was my gametime staple all that season. (I have since moved on. ;) )

And for me personally... Limburger Cheese and Onion on Rye Sandwiches with Cherry Cordial Ice Cream to wash it down with. That was my gametime staple all that season. (I have since moved on. ;) )

I hate to do this to your stomach, but maybe you should switch back to this diet. Take us back to the Big One.

I HATE the 49er's... And my best memories are from Super Bowl XVI.

Really? The first half of that game was absolutely brutal. They played much better in the second half, but it was too little too late, and the 49ers were content to chew up the clock. The Bengals were out-played and out-coached that day in every aspect of the game.

While XXIII was not the Bengals' best game, at least it was competitive throughout the game.

Yes really, but it wasn't from the game perspective. I was 10 and was at that Super Bowl with my Dad. When the game was over I got separated from my Dad and couldn't find him. I found a security guard and since he knew I was upset, he took me on a short cut to lost and found. RIGHT ACROSS THE FIELD !!! I was never so excited in my life. I had totally forgotten I could find my Dad or the people that came with us and could only think that I was walking across the Super Bowl field where my team had just played. It was great.

Anyway, Super Bowl XXIII was fun to watch as well...

My favorite memory from that year involves one of the few games they lost . Back in the day, we had a group of guys that went to the Main Entrance in Delhi to watch all Bengals games. Later in the year, they lost at Kansas City. We were still at the bar at approximately 9 pm (obviously feeling little pain) when I spied my brother wagging his finger in this huge man's face. As I got closer I heard my brother say 'if you're going to make the Super Bowl, you have to stop losing to these P*ssy teams'. It turns out the dude was Joe Walter. He was there with Mike Hammerstein and David Douglas. Rather than pound my brother into sawdust, Joe just shook his head and said 'I know, I know...'.

Joe Walter is a quality dude. He was dancing with a girl that I was semi-seeing and he and I were joking back in forth all night. He signed autographs for the entire bar and I asked him to sign my hand. He signed it 'to d!ckhead.....Joe Walter'. At the end of the night, he made sure I knew that he was only kidding.

My old roomate also crossed streams with Mike Hammerstein in the Men's Room.