Today's draft picture

combatbengal

I love the win, but it does nothing for the organization. Well I take that back, it saves MB $$in next years draft. We just lost the number two pick.

# 1 pick - Lions 0-14.

# 2 pick - Rams 2-12

# 3 pick - Chiefs 2-12

# 4 pick - Bengals 2-11-1

# 5 pick - Seahawks 3-11

# 6 pick - Raiders 3-10

# 7 pick - Cleveland 4-9

# 8 pick - Jags 5-9

# 9 pick - 49ers 5-9

Two more wins this season can push us to # 7 + pick.

A lot of people on this board said the same thing last year. We'd rather see wome wins at the end of the season instead of getting a higher draft pick. The when the draft came around, they were mad because they wanted a higher draft pick. Granted we selected a good player, but most of the fans wanted someone who went earlier in the draft. Funny how history repeats itself!

I like lb in the first round if we draft 5-7 spots. I don't think we wiont be any lower than that. I want the Curry guy from Wake Forest. I think is the best lb in college football and he lays people out. I like Rey and Laurinaitus a lot and think they would be great picks too, but if they got to pick the top lb in the draft I like Curry the best. I also wouldn't be upset with tackle either, but a new mlb would take this defense to another level. I like RT in the second round if they don't resign Stacy.

I'd be happy with Curry, Laurinitis, or Mauluga, but hard to pass up on one of these tackles especially with our offensive line playing so poorly!!

* Levi isn't holding up and a Left Tackle is a NECESSITY!!

- While Middle Linebacker is a need as well, a defensive End is a higher priority. We Have No pass rush, and little athleticism on the line other than Sims and Peko.

Lest we Forget ......Runningback !!! - We'll have a shot at probably the 2 best backs in the draft with Wells and Moreno, but doubtful we'll draft them because we're not blocking well enough for them to be productive.

Sure would be nice to have some extra picks on day one!!

So here's all our needs .....

Tackle - obviously

Defensive End - 13 sacks in 14 games..... - That's attrocious!

Linebacker - Inside and Outside. - Why people get hard ons for Jeanty is beyond me. Linebackers are supposed to be athletes and Jeanty is stiffer than a new phone book.

Runningback - Benson will probably be offered a long term contract, Perry, Watson, Dorsey could all be shown the door. - Or should be!!! Benson hasn't shown me anything, but then again, it's not like the Bengals have blocked well for him. Either way, A quicker back is needed for this offense.

Safety - Dexter Jackson is finally gone after this year, and there is too much talent in the draft this year to pass up drafting.

Cornerback - Leon Hall isn't a bust, but he gets abused easily. Johnathan Joseph is solid, but for all the athleticism these guys have, it just doesn't translate on the field, when a guy like Jamar Fletcher, David Jones, and Simeon Castille can come in and give up fewer big plays.

I guess that about sums it up..... Only 40 spots to replace.... :angry:

p.s. I'm just simply tired of adding Tight End to this list !

I'd like to be either 1st or 5+ in order, not 2-4. Last few years the salaries at the very top have gotten just plain retarded, to the point that you can't even trade the pick if you want to because it really doesn't have value. On the other hand, if you have the first pick you can negotiate before the draft, so you can potentially pull a Parcells and get a guy with 4th pick talent to take 4th pick money as the #1 overall pick. But if you pick after that, you can't negotiate before the draft and are guaranteed to overpay for the pick.

So really, I don't think there's any harm done. They're guaranteed a very good pick, and the win only means their cap isn't FUBARed forever.

Also, I'm just grateful to live in one of two cities on the planet where a Bengal fan can actually gloat this year. Life is good, boys.

Gotta rebuild the trenches in my eyes. Draft all offensive and defensive lineman, then maybe we'll get one on each side of the ball right.

Agreed on that. I am still optimistic they will not "run the table" but lose a game, maybe two, but after watching Cleveland last night, I don't see how they can win against the Bengals. Clowns I think are the worst team in football as the season ends. Since the Bengals are playing in Cleveland I do think we might lose that game and win at home against KC.

Still, they will have good picks if they know what they are doing. Then again, Beanie Wells might look awfully tempting at pick number 5,6 or 7.

we do need OT's and I hope we draft OT's.

we do need upgrades at LB, DE, RB.

There are a couple of talented guys that are outside the "need" scope that I think warrant interest.

If Taylor Mays or Michael Crabtree come out, I think they are good enough to come in here and start.

Mays is better than Ndukwe or White.

Crabtree would instantly be starting, as I thihnk TJ is gone and CJ's shelf life is ticking away. Crabtree, CJ, Henry, Caldwell and Simpson does not look so bad on paper.

Speaking of the Browns, Braylon Edwards is pulling an Ocho Cinco, saying he wants out of Cleveburg. Between the locker room antics, and the fact both the coach and GM are dead men walking, this week's game has "Bengals victory" written all over it.

combine that with the short week and the azz drilling they took from Philly and things do look good...

heck, anytime you are playing Ken Dorsey, things look good...

we do need OT's and I hope we draft OT's.

we do need upgrades at LB, DE, RB.

There are a couple of talented guys that are outside the "need" scope that I think warrant interest.

If Taylor Mays or Michael Crabtree come out, I think they are good enough to come in here and start.

Mays is better than Ndukwe or White.

Crabtree would instantly be starting, as I thihnk TJ is gone and CJ's shelf life is ticking away. Crabtree, CJ, Henry, Caldwell and Simpson does not look so bad on paper.

Crabtree has 'said' he's returning to TT. He's top 5 if he comes out.

Mays is top 15 before he runs a 4.35 at the combine.

This draft is VERY deep at DB, TE, and 3-4 rush LB. They'll be a good safety in the top of the 3rd round.

Very few teams have RB as a high priority - plenty to go around. - 3rd or 4th rounder

Very top-heavy at OT, ILB, and WR. (Several 'elite' prospects, not real deep)

Bad year for DL, OG, and QB.

Based on the above, Orakpo would be a good pick at #6 or #7.

So would one of the top 3 OT's.

We can go after a top OC / best ILB in the 2nd.

A win in Cleveland this weekend will drop us another one to three slots. So, last week, we were a shoe in for the second pick, now we'll be lucky to pick within the top seven.

It's not that bad. If the Bengals win, they will fall at most two places to 6th overall. And then only if both Seattle (hosting the Jets) and Oakland (hosting Houston) lose as well. If we win, and they both win, we stay at fourth; if we win and one of the two loses, we slip to 5; if we win and both Seattle and Oakland lose, we're 6.

If the Bengals lose, they can gain ground with either a Rams victory over the 49ers and/or a KC win against Miami. A Bengals loss + wins by the Rams and Chiefs puts us back at 2; a loss + a victory by either team boosts us to 3.

The Bengals are already guaranteed to pick no lower than 7. A loss to Cleveland means they would pick no lower than 6 (and possibly 5 or 4 depending on what Seattle and Oakland do).

The bottom line is this: if you're a Bengals fan, right now you are also a Chiefs, Rams, Seahawks, Raiders and (gulp) Browns fan.

Sorry, but I think the whole "ending the season on a positive note" line is complete BS. When you stand to only win a few games, winning the last couple really can't help that much. I mean really, who cares at that point and will you remember that 5 months later and still care ??

I agree, not to mention the fact that there will be quite a bit of player turnaround, be it players leaving via free-agency, getting released, drafted, or signed a s free-agents. To the core group who will remain, i seriously doubt winning a game or two at the end will carry into the next season...but the bitter taste of 2 or 3 wins...just might.