I bow down to the powerful knowledge

Spor_tees

You were right and the league did not fine Ward for his hit on Rivers. You were right and I was wrong. :(

I still have 2 things going for me though...I'm tied for second in the Fantasy Football league after my impressive defeat of Danimal this week and I successfully called the collapse of EliteXC just yesterday. I was totally amazed to have told someone that last night then wake up to see it had happened this morning. I must have ESPN or something.

Ward Will Not be Fined by NFL

No fine for Ward after hit left Rivers with broken jaw

ESPN.com news services

Updated: October 21, 2008, 3:58 PM ET

Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Hines Ward will not be fined for a hit that left Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Keith Rivers with a broken jaw, a league official told ESPN and NFL.com on Tuesday.

After watching replays of the play, the league determined not to fine Ward, who was also not penalized for the play by officials during the game.

Rivers was placed on injured reserve Tuesday, a day after the rookie had surgery to set his broken jaw.

Rivers broke his jaw when Ward blocked him with a hit during Pittsburgh's 38-10 victory on Sunday. The first-round draft pick will miss the rest of the season. He was second on the team in tackles and had one interception.

It's the second time in the past three years that a first-round Bengals draft pick has suffered a season-ending injury. Linebacker David Pollack, chosen in the first round in 2005, cracked a bone in his neck during his second season, ending his career.

The Bengals also waived kicker Dave Rayner, who played the past two games while Shayne Graham recovered from a strained groin, and signed guard Andrew Crummey from Washington's practice squad.

Rayner kicked a 26-yard field goal against the Steelers, his only attempt in the two games. He also made three extra points. Graham is expected to be ready to play in Houston on Sunday.

Crummey was signed by the Redskins as an undrafted free agent from Maryland. He played in all four preseason games before joining Washington's practice squad.

You were right and the league did not fine Ward for his hit on Rivers. You were right and I was wrong. :(

I still have 2 things going for me though...I'm tied for second in the Fantasy Football league after my impressive defeat of Danimal this week and I successfully called the collapse of EliteXC just yesterday. I was totally amazed to have told someone that last night then wake up to see it had happened this morning. I must have ESPN or something.

I fully appreciate your paying off on the bet. And I hope I have to end up eating the crow because Goodell changes his mind, but we all know he'll protect the punk if it in any way screws the Bengals.

For what it's worth, after all the different angles of the hit were posted on the different threads, I likewise concede Ward led with his helmet and, really, should have been fined.

More importantly, I concede we should have taken Ward's head off on the next play, but as Marvin was quoted in today's Cinti. Enquirer, we don't take revenge on the field.

Congrats on the defeat of Danimal, and I'm actually more impressed with your call on ExiteXC. I know that whole situation was embarrassing, but I was stunned this morning to hear it is folding. Didn't see it coming.

I fully appreciate your paying off on the bet. And I hope I have to end up eating the crow because Goodell changes his mind, but we all know he'll protect the punk if it in any way screws the Bengals.

For what it's worth, after all the different angles of the hit were posted on the different threads, I likewise concede Ward led with his helmet and, really, should have been fined.

More importantly, I concede we should have taken Ward's head off on the next play, but as Marvin was quoted in today's Cinti. Enquirer, we don't take revenge on the field.

Congrats on the defeat of Danimal, and I'm actually more impressed with your call on ExiteXC. I know that whole situation was embarrassing, but I was stunned this morning to hear it is folding. Didn't see it coming.

Marvin saying that tells me a lot about him. He isn't old school, and I can now see why the Bengals are not a physical team. If you don't take revenge out on the field where do you take it? Do you Toilet paper Mike Tomlin's house? Do you order 25 pizzas to Worthlessberger's house? Or maybe you key the Steeler's team bus after the game? WTF Marvin grow a pair and get these players to start playing physical. This is just showing more and more how 2005 was a fluke. If it wasn't for all the turnovers that year the Bengals would have probably been a 9-7 or 8-8 team. Odell Thurman and his physical presence on the field made a huge difference, too bad he had to be a total a$$hat.

Marvin saying that tells me a lot about him. He isn't old school, and I can now see why the Bengals are not a physical team. If you don't take revenge out on the field where do you take it? Do you Toilet paper Mike Tomlin's house? Do you order 25 pizzas to Worthlessberger's house? Or maybe you key the Steeler's team bus after the game? WTF Marvin grow a pair and get these players to start playing physical. This is just showing more and more how 2005 was a fluke. If it wasn't for all the turnovers that year the Bengals would have probably been a 9-7 or 8-8 team. Odell Thurman and his physical presence on the field made a huge difference, too bad he had to be a total a$$hat.

"We don't retaliate on the NFL football field, OK?" Lewis said at his Monday news conference. "We're not going to condone it. It's not part of the game. It's a personal foul. It's stupid. It hurts your football team. You play within the rules, as hard as you can play."

Mr. Rogers is coaching this team.

...I'm tied for second in the Fantasy Football league after my impressive defeat of Danimal this week

Yup, Northside, you really wupped 'em....by 2 1/2 points :lol:

Wanna bet I beat him by more than 10 this week???

Wanna bet another dollar on our week 10 game???

Are you kidding Marvin will never grow a pair, and now the players are acting just like there head coach a big pu**y and it shows. I wish for once this team would show a little heart a little passion about there team, but i guess its to much to ask. I guess they think there better off changing names, asking for trades, to busy yelling at the refs everytime something dosnt go there way. I swear when i watch a bengals game its like watching a bunch of little boys and girls not getting there way, and then you look at Marvin and there he is with a big smile on his face..."Its ok guys we are only down 17 points theres always next week." I hate how this team is coached i hate it.

Are you kidding Marvin will never grow a pair, and now the players are acting just like there head coach a big pu**y and it shows. I wish for once this team would show a little heart a little passion about there team, but i guess its to much to ask.

In a mildly-related story, PFT was reporting an interview with Suggs in which he basically admits that the Rats have a bounty on Ward and that they also had one on Mendenhall who had his shoulder broken in their first game. While I question the judgment of publicly talking about bounties, I completely support the concept.

Yeah but what do you expect Marvin to say? I would've just said "no comment." He can't just say "yeah, we've taken out a contract on him someone's gonna get paid next time if they hurt him."

I don't think the NFL would be very fond of him advocating any sort of "payback" that isn't legal, really anything he says that infers retaliation might get him in trouble. Best to just keep it in the locker room or let someone do it on their own.

Yeah but what do you expect Marvin to say? I would've just said "no comment." He can't just say "yeah, we've taken out a contract on him someone's gonna get paid next time if they hurt him."

I don't think the NFL would be very fond of him advocating any sort of "payback" that isn't legal, really anything he says that infers retaliation might get him in trouble. Best to just keep it in the locker room or let someone do it on their own.

I don't expect him to say anything now. He should have said it Sunday right after it happened.