If the Bengals go 0-16 or 1-15, will Marvin be back?

GregCook

Lets say the Bengals are so bad as to win no more than 1 game. Can Mike Brown buck the fans, the lost revenue, the derision coming from within the NFL and from the press to keep his management team in place?

Keep in mind that with the recessionary forces suppressing spending now into maybe 2010, he is very likely to feel the sting of lower ticket sales next year even if he makes dramatic changes. If he makes no changes to Marvin's team, he could see an avalanche of cancellations simply because ticket sales are hammered by the recession then compounded with disgusted fans who see no hope for improvement.

So you're Mike Brown, how much pain can he take before you have to punch Marvin's ticket out of town, plus of course his entire coaching staff?

he's already a laughingstock from way back when, so i don't think that's on his mind.

in any average, you toss out the highest and lowest. if you do that, lewis has .500 seasons consistently, so it's tough to argue that's not an improvement. on paper, at any rate.

lewis would certainly be given another season. that done, he's only got one more ~ might as well keep him (i'm guessing would be MB's idea) if he gets the Ws back up .500.

I guess the question we have to ask is.....Can another head coach come in and win with this bunch, and with this ownership? I just don't see it. Unless, of course, its a very High-Profile coach who can attract Big Name free-agents, and I dont see any of those type coaches coming to Cincy.

The problem has always been, and continues to be the GM, or lack thereof...Are you listening Mikey?

Marvin will be back no matter what. Mike Brown doesn't hear anyone and doesn't care. There is some crazy stuff that happens behind the scenes. You heard Chad and TJ say it in the offseason. Rudi hinted at it when he signed with the Lions. I don't know what it is, but this organization stinks.

I've looked at our schedule again and again, and again, and I can't see us pulling out any more than 3 games total on this season.

The smart thing to do is shelve Palmer and let him get his elbow straightened out. Put him on IR, or maybe just put him on waivers, since that seems to be the teams M O this year, waive injured players, unless they play special teams........ Since that's what we play for..Right Marvin Lewis..?????

Mike Brown, won't sell the team. He won't hire a GM. He WILL NOT FIRE MARVIN LEWIS EVEN IF WE GO 0-16.

He will still raise ticket sales in '09. And He will still hide behind the scenes where no one can get a good shot on him.

B*stard !! :angry:

I've looked at our schedule again and again, and again, and I can't see us pulling out any more than 3 games total on this season.

The smart thing to do is shelve Palmer and let him get his elbow straightened out. Put him on IR, or maybe just put him on waivers, since that seems to be the teams M O this year, waive injured players, unless they play special teams........ Since that's what we play for..Right Marvin Lewis..?????

Mike Brown, won't sell the team. He won't hire a GM. He WILL NOT FIRE MARVIN LEWIS EVEN IF WE GO 0-16.

He will still raise ticket sales in '09. And He will still hide behind the scenes where no one can get a good shot on him.

B*stard !! :angry:

Totally agree with your post.

Marvin will serve out his sentence. Especially now that most of the life has been sucked out of him. Then as usual, I see SoP promoting whomever our OC or DC is at that time to HC. We'll stick with that for a year or two and by that time we will have hit rock bottom (we are not there yet, yet I say) There will be no more visits by viable free agents, and as evidenced by the life sucking of the Brown family, no NFL coach in his right mind will give a first thought to coming here. I predict the Stains will fire Romeo and Bill Cowher will be their coach by the end of say.....next year. Even though I despise the Squealers I contradict myself thinking that Bill Cowher could be the answer.......a spitfire of a guy that could take control and possibly direct this team in a new direction. But, then again.........with the life sucking of Mike Brown......he too, has the potential to become a nutless, hollow, shell of a man with huge baggy eyes.

By no means do I think that Cowher is the answer......there are many facets to it.......like revamping our scouting staff, training staff, docs, hiring a GM (hey, looks like the Tuna is doing something in Miami). When you look at all of these things.......this has all remained the same throughout the years...nothing has changed except players and coaches. Everything else is the same old, same old.

The way I look at it is....The house is old in way too much disrepair to even rehab. Tear it down, pour a new foundation and then start rebuilding. Brown has never done this. All he keeps doing is patching the holes, painting, putting a new roof on, new siding.......but it's the same old $hitty house underneath.

Tear it down and hire a General Contractor (ahem...GM)

I doubt he has to decide,I'm sure marvin will be asked to be released to get away from this fail of a franchise.

If I were he, my resignation papers would already be on Mikie's desk. I mean c'mon!! How the hell can this man sleep at night! I sure as hell couldn't. <_<

I don't think there's one bit of doubt Mike Brown will keep Marvin. He's under contract until 2010. When was the last time that he double payed for a head coach position?

We're f'ed guys. Face it.

Why would we have hope under someone else? because lol it's marvin who makes us a bad team........ What's paul alexander gonna do as a head coach because he's probably the only guy who would take the job.

I don't think there's one bit of doubt Mike Brown will keep Marvin. He's under contract until 2010. When was the last time that he double payed for a head coach position?

We're f'ed guys. Face it.

Why would we have hope under someone else? because lol it's marvin who makes us a bad team........ What's paul alexander gonna do as a head coach because he's probably the only guy who would take the job.

Oh, I don't think that we would have hope with another coach. I was responding to the question of the thread. I think Marvin will be back. I think we're f'ed as long as MB is owning this team. I didn't mention "hope" anywhere in my post. This makes sense because I have no hope.