predicition of changes this week

combatbengal

The Bengals have made some cray (stupid transaction this year and I see this week as being another crazy one. Let's see, we cut Rudi for fumble master Perry. We cut Willie and got what for him? So, this week, we'll probably cut Graham becasue he makes to much money and there are kickers out there who are cheaper.

We'll hear that we need to be consistant, and reduce our mental errors from Coach Lewis. MB will open his computer and look at his bank account, sit back, elevate his feet and smile!

You know, with all the fans and media making the same suggestions on how to fix this team, you'd think that they'd take a hint. Just look at the players faces on the side lines. Some are playing their butt's off and others are just collecting that pay check.

Props go out to TJ, Holt, and Graham. They play hard and haven't given up!

JT likes to collect his pay check. Hey what ever happened to this great lockeroom guy John Thornton? I thought he was such a great motivator where did he go? Changes need to be made now. Time to get rid of the old guys and start playing the rookies. I think the biggest crock of s**t that the Bengals have been trying to dish to the fans is that Shirley isn't ready yet. That's BS, has Shirly gotten that much worse than when we saw him in the preseason. I find that hard to believe. Atleast it will take two guys to block Shirley instead of one which is the case for Thornton. I don't know what Thornton does well any more. I watch his game and it is terrible. He made one tackle yesterday and the Cowboys rushed for over 200 yards. Yeah JT is real effective in there. Can we please let the rookies have a chance? The season is over time to start playing rookies.

JT likes to collect his pay check. Hey what ever happened to this great lockeroom guy John Thornton? I thought he was such a great motivator where did he go? Changes need to be made now. Time to get rid of the old guys and start playing the rookies. I think the biggest crock of s**t that the Bengals have been trying to dish to the fans is that Shirley isn't ready yet. That's BS, has Shirly gotten that much worse than when we saw him in the preseason. I find that hard to believe. Atleast it will take two guys to block Shirley instead of one which is the case for Thornton. I don't know what Thornton does well any more. I watch his game and it is terrible. He made one tackle yesterday and the Cowboys rushed for over 200 yards. Yeah JT is real effective in there. Can we please let the rookies have a chance? The season is over time to start playing rookies.

After 17 years of losing seasons or tied seasons; of only one playoff appearance and zero playoff wins its obvious that Mike Brown does not judge success the same way the fans do. Us fans have traditional football values of wins and loses; championships or playoff runs. Mike Brown is from Venus while the fans are from Mars, we'll never understand each other.

Sitting out here in California since 1985 and still a Bengals fan since 1968, I don't get pissed at the stupidity of that man, like I would if I was still in town. I'm long used to gearing up for the Lakers season to start on Oct 31 and expecting to enjoy a team that makes a ton of money, wins lots of games and judges success if they win the O'Brien Trophy in June.

Of watching an owner that is bold with player signings and works hard to rip off another owner in trades

Baseball! The best time of the year is right now with the playoffs starting!

The Bengals become more of a curiosity. The crazy hopes that Marvin brought are gone, its back to that comfortable time when you watched a Bengal game knowing they won't win and its engaging to wonder what goof ball player will cost them the game? What disaster on the field will hand a win to the other team? When does the coach lose it and scream so much his veins are bulging? When does the mutiny spill out from the locker room?

The bottom line is that they just were not ready for the start of the season. That's on the coaches. Too many "little things" going wrong, from different parts of the team each week at critical junctures to be anything else. They simply were not prepared as a team to deal with the physical and mental demands of winning games in the NFL when the season got here.

They are starting to focus now, and will probably win three or four games (maybe) from here on out, but that doesn't excuse how ill-prepared they were in Week 1. Horrible game-planning. Horrible conditioning. Horrible scheme. Unchanging scheme. Poor deployment of personnel. No overall plan.

A giant FAIL on ML and his coaches for this year. Big time.

Kinda sucks that Shirley, Sims, Caldwell and Simpson were all inactive yesterday. Nice draft.

Kinda sucks that Shirley, Sims, Caldwell and Simpson were all inactive yesterday. Nice draft.

This draft is a continuation of yearly bad drafts or at best unproductive under the Marvin era. The lousy drafts are part of the explanation of why the Bengals crested in 2005 and have gone down hill faster and faster since then. Could things get worse? Sure. Carson could start demanding a trade too.

Without him, this team is smellier than swamp gas.