Why didn't the Bengals fill some holes

Dadraftnick

Please tell me why the Bengals did not pick a kick/punt retruner ?There were some good ones to be had ,like Jeremy Bloom.

No C ? at least someone to be a backup. There were some good C's like Dan Moses.

No DE's ? at least to be a back up. There were some that would be a big upgrade -Jerome McDougle has been tearing it up and would have been a big upgrade over Fananae .

No CB? cut Deltha and replace him with 4.74 Simeon Castille? There were some good CB's out there ,like Michael Grant and Trae Williams.

It would been a good idea to pick up someone to up the level of the LB corps.

That would have required a GM that was interested in making his team better and stepping up his talent level.

Please tell me why the Bengals did not pick a kick/punt retruner ?There were some good ones to be had ,like Jeremy Bloom.

No C ? at least someone to be a backup. There were some good C's like Dan Moses.

No DE's ? at least to be a back up. There were some that would be a big upgrade -Jerome McDougle has been tearing it up and would have been a big upgrade over Fananae .

No CB? cut Deltha and replace him with 4.74 Simeon Castille? There were some good CB's out there ,like Michael Grant and Trae Williams.

That would have required a GM that was interested in making his team better and stepping up his talent level.

With no clarity on the condition of Odom's foot, it is perplexing. Would have meant dumping Rucker though, which is like admitting another error. God forbid.

WR is also shaky. Chatman' hammy could crack at any moment. Darius Reynaud got cut by Minnny and he can return kicks/punts.

CB is truly a concern. We all remember Joseph looking like dog dirt with his bad foot starting last year and Leon's struggles as a rookie. As it stands, this team is one ding away from having David Jones starting. shivers. Eugene Wilson, Trae Williams....there is decent talent out there. Castille is too slow to play LB, let alone CB.

I am solid with our backers, none I saw released would be a giant ugrade. Of the starters, Jeanty gives me the most worry. Carlos Polk loked very good for SD. Buster Davis would be a decent addition. Dhani would be next to go but that is a gamble.

Notice how much back-forth with NO we have...KK, Simmons, Ghent go there, Jones, Harris come here. makes a guy wonder. Oh, and it was NO who moved up and grabbed Ellis. Nice planning. Loose lips sink ships, SoP. douche.

Please tell me why the Bengals did not pick a kick/punt retruner ?There were some good ones to be had ,like Jeremy Bloom. Chatman or another reciever can get work. Besides, who the hell is Jeremy Bloom? Chatman's our guy.

No C ? at least someone to be a backup. There were some good C's like Dan Moses. Good point but not much available

No DE's ? at least to be a back up. There were some that would be a big upgrade -Jerome McDougle has been tearing it up and would have been a big upgrade over Fananae . Odom and Geather will do work this year.

No CB? cut Deltha and replace him with 4.74 Simeon Castille? There were some good CB's out there ,like Michael Grant and Trae Williams. I like David Jones. We have talented young players ready to step up under Zimmer's new approach.

It would been a good idea to pick up someone to up the level of the LB corps. Actually I think LB will be a strong point for the Bengals this season! Rivers and Co will get the job done and then some.

That would have required a GM that was interested in making his team better and stepping up his talent level. The Bengals have a GM? Really? ;)

One thing to remember about the waiver wire is that teams can't just grab who they want. They put in claims on players and may or may not get them depending on whether anyone higher on the list put in a claim on that player as well. So they may have tried to go after some guys but been trumped.

I don't know the answer to your questions, but my best guess is that they think they have those holes filled at the moment.... We don't know that they do or don't and right now most NFL teams are in the same boat..

Chatman or another reciever can get work. Besides, who the hell is Jeremy Bloom? Chatman's our guy.

Chatman is as fragile as they come.. I have no faith in him as our return guy.

Good point but not much available

Having SOMEONE with experience as our backup would be better than what we have now.

This would not be such a big problem is Ghiaciuc was actually looking semi decent.

Odom and Geather will do work this year.

Odom has missed all pretty much missed all practise.

I don't see him exactly blasting out of the gate once he is healthy enough to play...

...and who knows when his foot is 100% again.

I like David Jones. We have talented young players ready to step up under Zimmer's new approach.

I think, as long as Hall and JJo stay healthy, we are pretty solid at CB.

Don't really like our depth at CB.. but I think we'll do just fine here.

Actually I think LB will be a strong point for the Bengals this season! Rivers and Co will get the job done and then some.

A rookie. A guy off the street and a nonplayoff team backup is what our starting LB core looks like...

Rivers is looking really good. After that our LB core is not impressive.

We could really use a certain #58 in the next years draft from USC to solidify our LB core for the near future.

That kid looked fantastic in week 1 of NCAA ball.

The Bengals have a GM? Really? ;)

And here lies the problem.. we need a solid football guy as a GM. Can't see that happening under Mike Brown tho.

One thing to remember about the waiver wire is that teams can't just grab who they want. They put in claims on players and may or may not get them depending on whether anyone higher on the list put in a claim on that player as well. So they may have tried to go after some guys but been trumped.

Well, since the Super Bowl champion Giants got McDougle, I'm guessing we didn't make a claim there. Unless he was just a FA, since I can't believe only one team would put a claim in on a guy like that for $1M.

Raiders would have had us on Lelie, naturally.

Jeremy Bloom? What exactly has he done in the NFL. He was interesting a few years ago when he was drafted but has done little in the league since. Unless the Bengals are putting together a ski team I pass.

Dan Moses was a good C? In college yes, but how does that translate to the NFL?

McDougle signed with the Giants. Who would you rather sign with the Bengals or the Giants?

Deltha was probably the best CB on the market but the Bengals didn't want him anymore. I still wouldn't be suprised if they added another CB before the season starts.

Ahmed Brooks would still be a Bengals if the Bengals thought they needed more help at the LB position.