Smart move changing name to Ocho-Cinco

walzav29

Does anyone actually think that he's going to play more than a few games at most before shutting it down and getting surgery? Madieu had this situation and went what, 2 games, before he had to wave the white flag. How a WR is supposed to legitimately play with a torn labrum I don't know. Yeah, I know he technically "can" play, but CJ is hardly a tough guy as it is and I'm certain he will be doing his best to avoid hits as he always does. He doesn't need anything else to get him distracted. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the cord after week 1. Oh, but good thing that he's keeping busy in the meantime. <_<

Does anyone actually think that he's going to play more than a few games at most before shutting it down and getting surgery? Madieu had this situation and went what, 2 games, before he had to wave the white flag. How a WR is supposed to legitimately play with a torn labrum I don't know. Yeah, I know he technically "can" play, but CJ is hardly a tough guy as it is and I'm certain he will be doing his best to avoid hits as he always does. He doesn't need anything else to get him distracted. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the cord after week 1. Oh, but good thing that he's keeping busy in the meantime. <_<

The standard 'retort' to your point would be, "Well, Kellen Winslow did it last year."

That said, you are right. Ocho Fredo is no tough guy. However, it will depend on what he really wants. If he really wants out of Cincy, yeah, I can see him taking an early season 'powder' and trying to use it to force the team to get rid of him next offseason. If he really wants a redo on his contract, as Fredo Brown has hinted at being willing to do, he'll tough it out, get some decent yardage and use it as leverage for that next big deal.

What if he plays one game, waives the white flag, then the Bengals go on to win the Super Bowl with him riding the bench? I bet that would make some of you happy!

It's all in good fun, I think the name change is funny as hell... I also agree with RedsRule2500, you people are super-serious, uptight wussies!!! :P

What if he plays one game, waives the white flag, then the Bengals go on to win the Super Bowl with him riding the bench? I bet that would make some of you happy!

It's all in good fun, I think the name change is funny as hell... I also agree with RedsRule2500, you people are super-serious, uptight wussies!!! :P

The Bengals have about as much of a chance of winning the SuperBowl, as Sara Palin's teenage daughter being a virgin and passing up a bottle of Vodka.

I just think Chad is incredibly annoying and embarrassing. He was great up until 2005, when he started acting like an idiot on a daily basis. I just don't care about him, and for some reason the media loves to quote him and interview him still, as if he's still a novelty - he's a tired act. It's not even the least bit funny anymore.

I'm just tired of him - he's not as good as he used to be and is declining rapidly, the team around him is accelerating that as well.

He was a great WR, but those days are in the past.

The Bengals have about as much of a chance of winning the SuperBowl, as Sara Palin's teenage daughter being a virgin and passing up a bottle of Vodka.

I just think Chad is incredibly annoying and embarrassing. He was great up until 2005, when he started acting like an idiot on a daily basis. I just don't care about him, and for some reason the media loves to quote him and interview him still, as if he's still a novelty - he's a tired act. It's not even the least bit funny anymore.

I'm just tired of him - he's not as good as he used to be and is declining rapidly, the team around him is accelerating that as well.

He was a great WR, but those days are in the past.

As a further sign of the pending apocalypse, I totally agree with Shula here. Chad was something of a harmless, charming imbicile several years ago before he decided that post-TD celebrations were really fresh. Somewhere along about the time he held up the "don't fine me" sign with the ridiculous orange shoes on I think it dawned on me that he was getting a little stale. The transformation was complete with the really stupid HOF jacket exactly a year ago and he has been neither funny, charming, a team player, nor interesting since then.

After reading this BS my question is what are the Bengals required to put on the back of his uniform? OR better yet what will they put on his uniform?

From CTrent's blog:

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2008/09...s_on_ocho_cinco

Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 09:40 PM EST Got this in my email from the Drew Rosenhaus hype machine -- and this just a day after we'd thought maybe Ocho Cinco had moved on... Rosenhaus is still a part of the whole deal, apparently. Via the Spring Exclusive Entertainment P.R. department:

"Chad is Chad Ocho Cinco. You can call him Chad or you can call him Ocho Cinco. He is no longer Chad Johnson. He is Chad Ocho Cinco. That is his legal name and he would like to be referred to that now by the media and his friends and even family. (laughs) He's serious about that. I'm not sure if he'll keep this permanently or he'll go back. That's the nice thing about it. It's all for fun and there is nothing about it that he needs to do permanently. He can certainly change it back any time he's interested. He's excited about this season. I literally just got off the phone with him. He's feeling very well. The shoulder feels great. He's ready. He's 100% and he's looking forward to having a great season."

Rosenhaus is an analyst for Sprint Exclusive Entertainment.

Ocho Cinco was asked yesterday how he wanted to be addressed and declined comment.

I'll be interested to see if Marvin Lewis follows Ocho Cinco's wishes. Somehow I just don't see it.

I'm sure he'll be asked about it tomorrow. I'm guessing I'll be more amused by the response than Lewis will be by the question.

As for me, well, he's legally named Chad Ocho Cinco, so I'll call him Ocho Cinco.

You can't call me an uptight wussy. I changed his name months ago. And many of you got on me about it!

That would make me ecstatic.

Given a choice between having a professional WR on my team who's committed to winning or one who just wants to make money and entertain, I'll take the former.