Odom hurt

membengal

What were they doing on the first morning of practice that he should have injured himself? Was he out of shape or is just another case of bad luck for our beloved Bengals?

Having seen the guy in person several times while attending Titans games here in Nashville, out of shape is something Odom will never be accused of.

Lapham just said on 1530 that the early word he is getting around camp is that Odom has a sprain, not a break, so that's a little good news.

ETA: Echo Skyline. Odom is a 255 pound chiseled mass of muscle. Out of shape will not be his issue...

Lapham just said on 1530 that the early word he is getting around camp is that Odom has a sprain, not a break, so that's a little good news.

Just saw that too. Lewis saying the same thing. This is good news but no mention of the severity. Hopefully, it is mild.

Common sense tells me that foot sprains are worse than most sprains. I'm thinking he'll be out for 4-6 weeks or so.

My Bengals sense tells me we'll be told he'll be out 4-6 weeks, then 8-10, then for the season. Seems to be how they deal with injury diagnosis the past few years.

Just saw that too. Lewis saying the same thing. This is good news but no mention of the severity. Hopefully, it is mild.

Common sense tells me that foot sprains are worse than most sprains. I'm thinking he'll be out for 4-6 weeks or so.

My Bengals sense tells me we'll be told he'll be out 4-6 weeks, then 8-10, then for the season. Seems to be how they deal with injury diagnosis the past few years.

Haha, Bengals sense. Sounds like Spider Sense in Spiderman. Pretty accurate synopsis, I think.

Can you say? Frostee Rucker? I don't want to.

Actually, that may be the silver lining in all this -- more reps with the first team for Rucker. The Non-Dairy Dessert hasn't looked bad in what limited action he's seen, and he can use every snap he can get. As for Odom, depending on how bad the sprain is, he could back in time for opening day, or he could miss a chunk of September, which would suck, but at least the Bengals open against the Raven and Titans, two offensively-challenged teams.

Actually, that may be the silver lining in all this -- more reps with the first team for Rucker. The Non-Dairy Dessert hasn't looked bad in what limited action he's seen, and he can use every snap he can get. As for Odom, depending on how bad the sprain is, he could back in time for opening day, or he could miss a chunk of September, which would suck, but at least the Bengals open against the Raven and Titans, two offensively-challenged teams.

Dat to Day

Sprained foot for Odom

Irons is back too

... and just to give you an idea how this news plays in my part of the country ...

... after detailing the various PUP members on the Steelers team, including Hampton who couldn't even finish the run exercises, the local ESPN Radio sportscaster says, "But the injury news is worse coming from the Bengals camp where their 30 million dollar free agent was carted off the field today with a SERIOUS foot injury." ... with audible emphasis on the word SERIOUS. Obviously, they're hoping above hope around here that their misery gets some company.

Dat to Day

Sprained foot for Odom

Irons is back too

Where did you see day to day? I couldn't find a prognosis anywhere.

Dat to Day

Sprained foot for Odom

Irons is back too

It's on bengals.com.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6900

Lewis says he expects him for opening day.

Well I guess that's better then being out for the year, obviously...