I met a friend of Jerome Simpson's tonight

I was at the gym I go to here in Manhattan tonight and I spot a guy wearing a Coastal Carolina Football t-shirt. I asked him if he went there and played. I tell him I'm a Bengals fan and it turns out he knows Jerome Simpson. He looked like he played LB or safety. REALLY nice guy...we're laughing and talking about football for a bit.

Then he started to talk about Simpson and his face got serious....."this guy is a freak, he's a beast." "The Bengals got a STEAL." "You've heard about his hands but they are unreal, they're HUGE." "He runs a 4.4...." "You guys are NOT going to be disappointed." He was really adament about Simpson's skills....or at least he convinced me.

He also said "Didn't you guys get Andre Caldwell?" "Yeah, he's a badass too." "The Bengals are set this year at WR."

Now, I'm not saying that the receivers in the draft are going to push us over the top this year (or make up for the potential loss of Chad), but the more I read about Simpson and Caldwell and their potential, the more I am looking forward to seeing what we have for the future.

I was at the gym I go to here in Manhattan tonight and I spot a guy wearing a Coastal Carolina Football t-shirt. I asked him if he went there and played. I tell him I'm a Bengals fan and it turns out he knows Jerome Simpson. He looked like he played LB or safety. REALLY nice guy...we're laughing and talking about football for a bit.

Then he started to talk about Simpson and his face got serious....."this guy is a freak, he's a beast." "The Bengals got a STEAL." "You've heard about his hands but they are unreal, they're HUGE." "He runs a 4.4...." "You guys are NOT going to be disappointed." He was really adament about Simpson's skills....or at least he convinced me.

If in fact the guy really does know him, Don't you think he would speak highly of him? Duh !

Seriously though, who cares what Joe Schmo at the gym says....I want to see the guy play first, then make my decision.

Let's see what he does with his potential.

I met a friend of Chris Henry's tonight at a bar. He tells me that Chris is the Nicest, most Upstanding citizen he has ever met. He goes on to say that

Chris Henry has high moral values, and would never do anything illegal, and you should trust your underaged/teenaged daughters alone with him in a hotel room, he hates Marijuana, doenst drink, and would never handle a firearm.

See where I'm going?

Hey bro....do you know what the term "for what it's worth" means?

I know it's a hard thing to believe that the starstudded Coastal Carolina football alumni would actually go into public to live normal lives....I mean let alone meeting one of them. It was almost like meeting a legend or a mythical folk hero. In fact, yeah, I think he was lying.

See where I am going with this?

Jackass.

I met a friend of Chris Henry's tonight at a bar. He tells me that Chris is the Nicest, most Upstanding citizen he has ever met. He goes on to say that

Chris Henry has high moral values, and would never do anything illegal, and you should trust your underaged/teenaged daughters alone with him in a hotel room, he hates Marijuana, doenst drink, and would never handle a firearm.

See where I'm going?

Hilarious!

I met a friend of Chuck Bresnahan's tonight at the gas station, and he tells me Chuck is a Defensive genious, and the only reason he was fired by the Bengals, is that the players were unable to grasp his very complex Defensive schemes........ :lol:

For what its worth

Take a chill dude!!! I actually appreciate that Cincy Hokie shared his story with us.. Wow what an a**h***...

If in fact the guy really does know him, Don't you think he would speak highly of him? Duh !

Seriously though, who cares what Joe Schmo at the gym says....I want to see the guy play first, then make my decision.

Let's see what he does with his potential.

So what you're saying is that writing stories or making comments about Bengals football players in a Bengals forum doesn't make sense because what they do on the field is what really matters? Brilliant! That's like telling someone to stop f**king cussing.

What's really stupid is someone coming to a place dedicated to discussing the Bengals and ridiculing (poorly) people who are discussing the Bengals. I'm sure people that read in libraries and sick people in hospitals are stupid too. If only we could all be like you, but unfortunately my mom's basement is too full for me to live in and I'm okay with only having the correct number of chromosomes.

Sheesh. We get very little first hand information here. We spend most of our time rehashing s**t from Mel Kiper or PFT, Peter King or Len Pastabelly. For once we get a guy with an interesting story to tell, and he gets pissed on. C'mon. Given how little we know about Simpson, Hokie just doubled our knowledge of the guy, which formerly consisted of a video on YouTube.

That said, a guy drafted in the second round should be worshipped as a god by people at Coastal Carolina. He better be easily the best football player any of them has ever met. So yeah, Pimp, we get your point. I think Hokie had that figured out on his own.

But in any event, thanks for the story Hokie. If you meet any more friends of our draft picks, feel free to share. And if you actually see any of our draft picks - especially at a bar - for God's sake, give them a ride home. ;)

Sheesh. We get very little first hand information here. We spend most of our time rehashing s**t from Mel Kiper or PFT, Peter King or Len Pastabelly. For once we get a guy with an interesting story to tell, and he gets pissed on. C'mon. Given how little we know about Simpson, Hokie just doubled our knowledge of the guy, which formerly consisted of a video on YouTube.

That said, a guy drafted in the second round should be worshipped as a god by people at Coastal Carolina. He better be easily the best football player any of them has ever met. So yeah, Pimp, we get your point. I think Hokie had that figured out on his own.

But in any event, thanks for the story Hokie. If you meet any more friends of our draft picks, feel free to share. And if you actually see any of our draft picks - especially at a bar - for God's sake, give them a ride home. ;)

Yeah, thanks. When this guy was mentioning Simpson it was with the knowledge that ALOT of fans think he was a "reach". He was adament that Simpson was anything but a reach and that he was impressed the Bengals were smart enough to grab him when they did.

I'm well aware that friends "pimp" other friends. I'm well aware that a simple voice of support from a teammate does not guarantee success. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

That's pretty much what he was saying...just wait and see..."this guy is a freak, you won't be disappointed."

Come on guys. BengalPimp is just fulfilling the role of cynical, hard edged angry guy on the forum. Every forum needs one.

Usually, that role is filled by a much smarter person - this fellow is very challenged in that particular area

Well yes, but until someone else steps up, the gig is his. I'd do it myself but i'm thick. And lazy.

I met a friend of Chuck Bresnahan's tonight at the gas station, and he tells me Chuck is a Defensive genious, and the only reason he was fired by the Bengals, is that the players were unable to grasp his very complex Defensive schemes........ :lol:

For what its worth

Take a chill dude!!! I actually appreciate that Cincy Hokie shared his story with us.. Wow what an a**h***...

Seconded, thanks for the info cincyhokie.

Come on guys. BengalPimp is just fulfilling the role of cynical, hard edged angry guy on the forum. Every forum needs one.

Usually, that role is filled by a much smarter person - this fellow is very challenged in that particular area

That and we, as Bengals fans, have a surfeit of cynical, hard-edged angry guys after 18 years with one winning season. We don't need more, and we certainly don't need any who resort to "friendly fire". Save that crap for the Steeler trolls.

Thanks again for the story, Hokie. It was informative, really, because with our scouting department it could have been different. I mean, really, would anyone have been surprised if the no-name the Bengals took in the second round actually got dissed by people from his no-name school? Would we have really been surprised if Hokie came on here and told us that he met a guy from Coastal who laughed and asked how the Bengals could take such a chump?

Wait, I think I'm turning into cynical, hard-edged angry guy.

Wait, I think I'm turning into cynical, hard-edged angry guy.

Hold it, DC - apparently BZ can only have one. Maybe you can take turns or something.

See where I'm going?

Geez, DID YOU REALLY have to make three seperate posts about the same thing?

We get it; we get what you're saying too. Talk about redundant. Talk about redundant.

See where I'm going with this?