Annoyed with NFL Network

NFL network i saw showcasing the possible rookies of the year, and saying how 5 of the past have been linebackers, so instead of showcasing the BEST linebacker drafted they keep showing clips of Jerod Mayo and why hes probably going to win it, without even mentioning Keith. This really ticks me off, San Fran went 5-11 and they had the D rookie of the year but because were not as great as the Pats they think they're rookie LB will be better then ours.

Outrageous, I personally can't wait for KR to win it this year.

I think we're used to the disrespect from the media by now, especially with the defense. I see your point but....how many defensive pro-bowlers, ROYs, etc have we had in the last 20 years ?

Only 2 stick out in my mind. Krumrie and Ashley (can't remember his last name) that played SS.

I think we're used to the disrespect from the media by now, especially with the defense. I see your point but....how many defensive pro-bowlers, ROYs, etc have we had in the last 20 years ?

Only 2 stick out in my mind. Krumrie and Ashley (can't remember his last name) that played SS.

Ashley Ambrose was a CB not a safety and he did make the Pro-Bowl. Tory James was a Pro-Bowler. Deltha O'Neal was a Pro-Bowler. David Fulcher was a Pro-Bowler. Eric Thomas was a Pro-Bowler. But it's pretty much been all guys in the secondary. Not too many...

Ashley Ambrose was a CB not a safety and he did make the Pro-Bowl. Tory James was a Pro-Bowler. Deltha O'Neal was a Pro-Bowler. David Fulcher was a Pro-Bowler. Eric Thomas was a Pro-Bowler. But it's pretty much been all guys in the secondary. Not too many...

Yeah, I remember Fulcher. James and Deltha. Wow. It's only been 3 years and I COMPLETELY forgot they made the Pro-Bowl.

Yeah, I remember Fulcher.

C'mon Hokie. Who could possibly forget David Fulcher? During his years was the last time the Bengals defense was actually something to be respected. It's not a coincidence that the last time the Bengals won a playoff game was when they had a decent defense, and Fulcher anchored it. The game is won on that side of the ball. :bengal:

You have to listen to the reasoning behind why they pick Mayo. First off he is on a team surrounded by a better defensive unit which is going to make it easier for him to be successful. Secondly the Patriots are better known for developing LBers than the Bengals are. Lastly most guys that win awards come from winning teams...the Patriots are more likely to be successful this year than the Bengals. If you put all that together, Mayo does have a better chance of being the DROY than Rivers...but that doesn't mean Rivers couldn't win...or even have a great year...

Is this heavily influenced by stats? Willis winning it last season seems to indicate it is. If it is then Rivers has a much higher chance of DROTY than mayo. Purely because we'll be hoping Rivers is one of our better performers. Mayo will be a situational guy for a lot of the time is my guess. Get some experience, let the old men get a rest now and then but not relied upon by the Pats. They don't need to, barring injuries.

If it's a popularity contest then Mayo will win.

NFL network i saw showcasing the possible rookies of the year, and saying how 5 of the past have been linebackers, so instead of showcasing the BEST linebacker drafted they keep showing clips of Jerod Mayo and why hes probably going to win it, without even mentioning Keith. This really ticks me off, San Fran went 5-11 and they had the D rookie of the year but because were not as great as the Pats they think they're rookie LB will be better then ours.

Keith has a better chance playing LB in a 4-3 since 3-4 ILB's tend to not put up that good of numbers.

You have to listen to the reasoning behind why they pick Mayo. First off he is on a team surrounded by a better defensive unit which is going to make it easier for him to be successful

Ya so all those players are also making plays and hes not even for sure a starter depends if anyone retires.

C'mon Hokie. Who could possibly forget David Fulcher? During his years was the last time the Bengals defense was actually something to be respected. It's not a coincidence that the last time the Bengals won a playoff game was when they had a decent defense, and Fulcher anchored it. The game is won on that side of the ball. :bengal:

I met Fulcher when he worked at Cardboard Heroes. He's a super great guy. Treated my seven year old son like they were buddies. My son even took him a piece of his sixth birthday cake, which was themed out as a football field with Bengals on it. And he was a heck of a player. Had he been on another team, or the Bengals won XXIII, he may have been a long shot for the HOF.

In New Englad, Bruschi, Vrabel, Victor Hobson and Adalius Thomas are the starters and as mentioned previously, it is very hard for linebackers to put up league-leading stats in a 3-4 defense, nevermind that he'll be competing for the 5th LB spot with Shawn Crable. The safer money is on Rivers or Curtis Lofton in Atlanta, who the Falcons plan to start at MLB with Keith Brooking moving to the outside. Both should be week one starters, but I would give the nod to Rivers based on the fact that we play the AFC Noth and NFC East; the two best running divisions in football. I also think that Rivers will be a better pass rusher than Lofton in the NFL who should have at least 4-7 sacks this season at WLB to go with 100+ tackles. The dark horse would be one of the DE's in Jacksonville, Harvey or Groves, as they will be 3rd down pash rushers, at least and should at least one of them should put up some decent sack numbers, given their defense.

Of course I remember Fulcher. For some reason I forgot he was a Pro-Bowler. It's only been 20 years.

Yeah I watched that to. It's called bull sh1t! No respect to the Bengals at all. If the Patriots would of drafted Rivers then they would be talking about how Rivers is going to win ROY.

If Rivers is our MLB he'll have a very good chance to be rookie of the year,WLB be harder but he'll beed alot of turnovers swing it in his favor...I still think odell deserved it his rookie season 9 turnovers and what 1.5 sacks vs merrimans 10 sacks? just may be me but turnover > sack