So what's the status on Chad being traded?

aceinthehouse

I could swore marvin just told chad to go ahead and sit out,I dout if he shows up they'll sit him because then it gives him the upper hand.

Just like it gives us a upperhand if chad doesn't show.anyways I think chad will show up once it comes to missing out on some major money and more then likely we will play him.

I could swore marvin just told chad to go ahead and sit out,I dout if he shows up they'll sit him because then it gives him the upper hand.

Just like it gives us a upperhand if chad doesn't show.anyways I think chad will show up once it comes to missing out on some major money and more then likely we will play him.

Good job Barnaby Jones. ;) You just figured out Mike Browns plan. :sure:

You seriously haven't heard anything yet? Um, they've said pretty emphatically they are not trading him.

First off, this whole cap issue is bogus. They can redo Carson's deal to account for Chad, anytime they need too. Thats been pointed out many times. Chad is a very valuable asset and most successful businessmen don't throw valuable assets away. Mike Brown would be either prideful or incompetent to allow the Cincy Bengals to go into 2008 without getting value from Chad, either on the field or via trade. Added to that is the turmoil Chad has caused and will continue to cause the team in 2008. Where is the value in all of this?

Actually if he really wanted to stick it to Chad, he could re-sign TJ to a monster deal then trade Chad.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I would think the chances of trading Chad are remote. The Bengals have made it clear they will only let him go in return for (at minimum) multiple first rounders plus a player, a price even Dan Snyder was unwilling to pay. I suppose if, for example, TO were to go down during preseason, Jerry Jones might approach Mikey -- but I still can't see even him overpaying to the level the Bengals want.

I would look for him to be moved next Feb.

You seriously haven't heard anything yet? Um, they've said pretty emphatically they are not trading him.

First off, this whole cap issue is bogus. They can redo Carson's deal to account for Chad, anytime they need too. Thats been pointed out many times. Chad is a very valuable asset and most successful businessmen don't throw valuable assets away. Mike Brown would be either prideful or incompetent to allow the Cincy Bengals to go into 2008 without getting value from Chad, either on the field or via trade. Added to that is the turmoil Chad has caused and will continue to cause the team in 2008. Where is the value in all of this?

Actually if he really wanted to stick it to Chad, he could re-sign TJ to a monster deal then trade Chad.

Chad will not sit out the season. It is not in HIS best interest to age another year without playing. Remember that if he sits out the Bengals have his rights for eternity. Chad sits ou tthis yera...his contract pushes out a year. Chad plays and hopes to be traded next year. If he plays poorly then his value goes down. We would be less inclined to trade him and he couldnt demand top dollar. Right now the Bengals hold all of the cards.

I say...Chad - Buck up, play football and maybe....just maybe we will cheer when you score a touchdown. And maybe you will not be booed on sight by the 8th week.

What an idiot he is.

Who has got your back now Chad? Drew? lolololololol

He's a Bengal this year, either on the field, or sitting out. He wont be traded until after the season(if at all). He wont have the same cap hit next year, and the demand for WR's increases every year, so while Washington was desperate, and a few other had needs, you can bet that there will be twice as many teams in need or WR help next season.

I personally dont think they'll trade him at all. I think he'll also swallow his pride and play this year(he wont give up the money). Plus, he'll want to do some damage control to his reputation. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play hard to draw more interest from other teams, only to find the Bengals making the playoffs, at which point, he can't say the problem is losing. Thats a big thing, because when you win, there usually arent that many criticisms.

I personally dont think they'll trade him at all. I think he'll also swallow his pride and play this year(he wont give up the money).

IMHO you see the situation for exactly what it will be. Couldn't agree more.

I'm actually hoping Chad sits out. He's not a part of the future of this team. Does anyone see him being here after this year if he isn't traded?

I personally dont think they'll trade him at all. I think he'll also swallow his pride and play this year(he wont give up the money).

IMHO you see the situation for exactly what it will be. Couldn't agree more.

I'm actually hoping Chad sits out. He's not a part of the future of this team. Does anyone see him being here after this year if he isn't traded?

He'll play this year and either be traded or cut before June 1st next season, when the cap number for his bonus can be accelerated into this season after the season is over. I even think that he'll have a career year this year, believe it or not. He is clearly all about getting a new contract and a subpar season will hurt his chances, especially at age 31 next year. I don't believe that he or T.J. will be a Bengal in '09.

Here's how I think it goes at this point

He wants his contact to advance - ie get close to expiration - so he has to report by at least game 7 (Or something like that. I may be off by a game or two)

So he doesnt report til then. Meanwhile, Cincinnati puts him on the did not report list, and doesn't have to pay him.

When he does report, the Bengals suspend him the maximum they can - 4 games, I believe - for conduct unbecoming. Again, salary saved.

After this sit out followed by suspension, every effort is made by the coaching staff to seperate him from other players, to minimize the interference and distraction

Chad finishes out the season on the inactive list every week.

After the season, trading him is re-assessed, but trade talks are limited to teams finishing in the bottom quarter of the league, preferably teams without an established quality quarterback

If no such trade is commenced, a decision is made to continue with the 2008 plan (as detailed above) or release him after June, perhaps even on the last day of 2009 camp

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Bengals release Chad at all. That is the exact thing that Philly did to T.O., one year after he helped them reach the Super Bowl. At some point, it becomes too much of a distraction for your team to have that type of situation around. The Bengals should have traded him when they had the chance, but I believe they'll have another chance (or two) with a receiver-dsperate team in the next year. After criticizing the entire organization, including his starting QB, I believe there is no way the Bengals could have him back minus some major ass kissing. If you can get 2 first round picks for him again, you have to do it.