Mike Lombardi mock draft

Kazkal

Yeah, that looks pretty unrealistic to me.

And if they pass over Ellis for McFadden, Mikey better have some wicked ninja skills, because the mob will be out for blood. :ph34r:

For another, um, interesting mock, click here.

Yep, that's Keith Rivers going before Chris Long.

And that's the Dallas Morning News' respected sportwriter/NFL guru Rick Gosselin saying it. :blink:

And if they pass over Ellis for McFadden, Mikey better have some wicked ninja skills, because the mob will be out for blood. :ph34r:

I doubt it. I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but the choice of McFadden could be easily justified as BPA. Plus, Lombardi and Mayoch agreed that if McFadden did fall to #9 it would be very likely that Dallas would offer both of it's first round picks to move up. Whether the Bengals accept is another matter as Lombardi said he had once attempted to make a draft day trade with the Bengals and found them very difficult to deal with. (No details)

I doubt it. I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but the choice of McFadden could be easily justified as BPA. Plus, Lombardi and Mayoch agreed that if McFadden did fall to #9 it would be very likely that Dallas would offer both of it's first round picks to move up. Whether the Bengals accept is another matter as Lombardi said he had once attempted to make a draft day trade with the Bengals and found them very difficult to deal with. (No details)

Lombardi is an idiot.

However, as Hair keenly notes having McFadden fall would be very tempting to Dallas....trading down and getting another pick and maybe someone from Zimmer's former D...could be a nice little spot to be in.

We do have like 87 picks this draft, so getting a proven player from Dallas, should this occur, could really be a good scenario.

Lombardi is an idiot.

Perhaps, but he's an idiot with a resume. I'm not sure if he's working with any team this year but he's been a strong voice in the Raiders warrooms for years and worked with the Broncos last season. As for his mock, I thought the biggest suprise was his suggestion the Jets pass on McFadden, dropping him in the Bengals laps, in favor of drafting a QB. He claimed the Jets were still farther behind the Patriots than the Bills, and would never challenge the other teams in the division until they solved their QB situation. I'm not sure I disagree.

So who would go if McFadden was the pick ??

WHODEY !!!

Rudi and Perry, if he does not get healthy.

To sparky's point...if we had Ellis and Forte that would be a nice package....but McFadden and Sims would be pretty nice.

Just so I am clear, I think McFadden is overrated to an extent. Obviously has all the physical tools but was smothered at times by good defenses, which is what he will find every week in the NFL.

As for Lombardi, I think it is a big stretch to think the Jets grab Ryan. The jets need to grab a top defensive player before they consider a QB, especially considering there will be QB's there in r2 for them to snag.

Your take on McFadden being a BPA selection at #9, should he fall, is valid. I just hope it doe snot come to that. If so, that is the best draft bait we could have handed to us.

So who would go if McFadden was the pick ??

WHODEY !!!

Rudi and Perry, if he does not get healthy.

To sparky's point...if we had Ellis and Forte that would be a nice package....but McFadden and Sims would be pretty nice.

Just so I am clear, I think McFadden is overrated to an extent. Obviously has all the physical tools but was smothered at times by good defenses, which is what he will find every week in the NFL.

As for Lombardi, I think it is a big stretch to think the Jets grab Ryan. The jets need to grab a top defensive player before they consider a QB, especially considering there will be QB's there in r2 for them to snag.

Your take on McFadden being a BPA selection at #9, should he fall, is valid. I just hope it doe snot come to that. If so, that is the best draft bait we could have handed to us.

I think they might want to keep Rudi in that situation in order to hold onto a proven bruiser when necessary. If they ditch Rudi and Perry, they're left with McFadden, Watson, Dorsey and Irons. That's an explosive group, but Watson's the biggest guy there.

Y

I doubt it. I wouldn't be thrilled with the pick but the choice of McFadden could be easily justified as BPA.

Depends on who's doing the ranking. For example, Pro Football Weekly ranks Ellis ahead of McFadden.

The have to take Ellis is he's available. If Dorsey and Ellis are gone then trade back to a sucker team that would want McFadden (character issues. Marv's had enough of that) then get Rashard. The DDD

I couldn't agree more with this statement. McFadden is way overhyped because of the beast that Adrian Peterson is. McFadden isn't in the same league as Peterson. Yes, he does have that breakaway speed that we've been missing at the position since James Brooks, but he's top heavy. His legs are tooth picks. He's going to have to be used allot like Reggie Bush to be affective. If I'm taking a RB top 10 he better be able to carry the ball 30 times a game. I think Mendenhall is the more complete back. I wouldn't take him at 9, but if Ellis and Dorsey are off the board you have to trade down.

The have to take Ellis is he's available. If Dorsey and Ellis are gone then trade back to a sucker team that would want McFadden (character issues. Marv's had enough of that) then get Rashard. The DDD

I couldn't agree more with this statement. McFadden is way overhyped because of the beast that Adrian Peterson is. McFadden isn't in the same league as Peterson. Yes, he does have that breakaway speed that we've been missing at the position since James Brooks, but he's top heavy. His legs are tooth picks. He's going to have to be used allot like Reggie Bush to be affective. If I'm taking a RB top 10 he better be able to carry the ball 30 times a game. I think Mendenhall is the more complete back. I wouldn't take him at 9, but if Ellis and Dorsey are off the board you have to trade down.

All that may be true (& I believe it is), but the simple fact of the matter is the DMC has some serious character issues that Marvin will NOT deal with. If he's still there at number 9, he's trade bait....and with the Saints behind us, not terribly compelling trade bait.