Bengals Sending Coaches to Work Out Malcolm Kelly

Per NFL Live's John Clayton, the Bengals will be sending Offensive Coordinator and WR coach to Oaklahoma

to workout Malcolm Kelly. Clayton is also reporting the Bengals have been calling Kelly every day since Henry's release and sending the message to other teams they are prepared to take Kelly in the first round. Your thoughts??

Per NFL Live's John Clayton, the Bengals will be sending Offensive Coordinator and WR coach to Oaklahoma

to workout Malcolm Kelly. Clayton is also reporting the Bengals have been calling Kelly every day since Henry's release and sending the message to other teams they are prepared to take Kelly in the first round. Your thoughts??

My thoughts? I think if they don't address GLARING problems on the DL in the 1st round, our woeful defense will continue. So much for drafting a WR when the offense can get on the field. <_<

My thoughts? I think if they don't address GLARING problems on the DL in the 1st round, our woeful defense will continue. So much for drafting a WR when the offense can get on the field. <_<

Okay, a hypothetical (but very possible) scenario:

The Bengals are on the clock. Gone are Long-1 and Long-2, Ellis, Dorsey, Gholston, McKelvin, McFadden, and Harvey.

Which would you prefer -

1) Take the BDPA - probably Rivers

2) Take the BPA - Mendenhall or an OT

3) Trade down w/ Carolina - our 1st (9) and 6th for thier 1st (13) and 3rd (74) - Take BPA (Kelly?)

4) Trade down with Minnesota - our 1st (9) for thier 1st (17) and 2nd (47) - Take BPA (D.Thomas?)

5) Trade all the way down to Atlanta - our 1st (9) for 2 of thier 2nds (34 & 37) and a 3rd (68)

In the 1st 3 rounds we'll get, respectively

Scenario 1 - Rivers, WR (Doucet?), RB (Forte?), DT (Pressley?)

Scenario 2 - Mendenhall, DT (Laws?), OLB (Howard?), WR (Nelson?)

Scenario 3 - Kelly, LB (Henderson), DT (Rubin), RB (Forte), FS (Demps)

Scenario 4 - D.Thomas, DT (Sims), DE-LB (Avril), RB (Forte), FS (Demps)

Scenario 5 - James Hardy, OL (Sam Baker), LB (Mayo), DT (Rubin), RB (Rice), S (Jackson)

My point is - if the coaches don't evaluate the talent because their value doesn't coincide with our picks, then we're LOCKED into our picks.

Okay, a hypothetical (but very possible) scenario:

The Bengals are on the clock. Gone are Long-1 and Long-2, Ellis, Dorsey, Gholston, McKelvin, McFadden, and Harvey.

Which would you prefer -

1) Take the BDPA - probably Rivers

2) Take the BPA - Mendenhall or an OT

3) Trade down w/ Carolina - our 1st (9) and 6th for thier 1st (13) and 3rd (74) - Take BPA (Kelly?)

4) Trade down with Minnesota - our 1st (9) for thier 1st (17) and 2nd (47) - Take BPA (D.Thomas?)

5) Trade all the way down to Atlanta - our 1st (9) for 2 of thier 2nds (34 & 37) and a 3rd (68)

In the 1st 3 rounds we'll get, respectively

Scenario 1 - Rivers, WR (Doucet?), RB (Forte?), DT (Pressley?)

Scenario 2 - Mendenhall, DT (Laws?), OLB (Howard?), WR (Nelson?)

Scenario 3 - Kelly, LB (Henderson), DT (Rubin), RB (Forte), FS (Demps)

Scenario 4 - D.Thomas, DT (Sims), DE-LB (Avril), RB (Forte), FS (Demps)

Scenario 5 - James Hardy, OL (Sam Baker), LB (Mayo), DT (Rubin), RB (Rice), S (Jackson)

My point is - if the coaches don't evaluate the talent because their value doesn't coincide with our picks, then we're LOCKED into our picks.

I'm firm in my belief at least Ellis will fall to #9 with a very slim possibility of Dorsey. IMHO if we pass up this golden opportunity to greatly bolster our undeniably weak defensive line, and do what I consider a reach by drafting Kelly with either of these linemen still on the board, this team will have done themselves a great disfavor.

This time of year it could easily b a smokescreen to get a team that needs a WR like the Bears or Bills to move up if

both DT's are off ther board. My belief is that the Bengals would attempt to move down if the Big 4 are not there to grab and extra 2nd and possibly 3rd. Kelly is likely the most ready of the WRs in the draft. If Dorsey, Gholston, Long, and Ellis are all gone, I expect the Bengals to move down to take Mendenhall or possibly Kelly in the first and go after Sims, Laws,

Moore in Round 2.

If the Bengals did trade down and get another 2, I could learn to like a draft like 1. Rashard Mendenhall, RB 2a. Pat Sims, DT 2b Andre Caldwell, WR 3a. Marcus Howard, OLB 3b. John Greco, OT 4. Ande Fluellen, DT 5. DJ Hall. WR 6a Cody Wallace, OC 6b.DJ Parker, FS 7a Angelo Craig, OLB 7b. Larry Grant, OLB

1. Rashard Mendenhall, RB 2a. Pat Sims, DT 2b Andre Caldwell, WR 3a. Marcus Howard, OLB 3b. John Greco, OT 4. Ande Fluellen, DT 5. DJ Hall. WR 6a Cody Wallace, OC 6b.DJ Parker, FS 7a Angelo Craig, OLB 7b. Larry Grant, OLB

Looks good to me :sure:

Per Hobson, word from the Oklahoma Oro day was that Kelly clocked in at 4.68.

If that is the case Kelly cou;d really suffer in the draft.

4.68 and 4.75

I've read he looked very good in the drills but disappointed in nearly every track event. Combined with recent worries about his health and the angry back and forth he's been swapping with the Sooner athletic department I think it's almost a given he'll slide.

This guy is a headcase. He is blamming everyone except himself for his slow time. And to make matters even more laughable, he is apparently blaming the coaching staff at OU saying that they have it out for him.

We have enough head case, me first wide receivers.

Just a lil chad jr with probably half the talent.