The wee-ist of the little Scottishes

Hooray - after 11 months of tests, treatments, blood exchanges, medicines and a lot of worry about a possible liver transplant, young Raith has been discharged from the paediactrics unit of the hospital. Although still under the auspices of the Special Care Baby Unit which appears to be routine practice and only involves developmental check-ups at pre-ordained times (12months, 2 years etc etc). :D:D:D:D

The wee man is doing well, crawling now and just starting to teeter a few steps at a time - lots of falling and bumping (a bit like me on a friday night when the bar shuts!!!) :lol:

That, my friend, is awesome. My girlfriend works in the pediatric ICU here in Lexington, and she comes home in tears a lot from seeing all those broken little ones.

Congrats again!!

Hooray - after 11 months of tests, treatments, blood exchanges, medicines and a lot of worry about a possible liver transplant, young Raith has been discharged from the paediactrics unit of the hospital. Although still under the auspices of the Special Care Baby Unit which appears to be routine practice and only involves developmental check-ups at pre-ordained times (12months, 2 years etc etc). :D:D:D:D

The wee man is doing well, crawling now and just starting to teeter a few steps at a time - lots of falling and bumping (a bit like me on a friday night when the bar shuts!!!) :lol:

Good news is always welcome here! Glad to hear it Scottish!

Good news scot :D

One question:

11-12 months in the hospital here in America would cost a fortune, even with decent insurance. Probably several thousand dollars, maybe more. If you don't mind, what kind of finacial burden (I'd pay a million $ for my daughters health by the way) did this put on your family?