Who's the new face of the Bengals Defense?

agreen_112

This may be a bit premature since we havn't even made it to Camp, but who would you predict to be the new face of the Bengals Defense?

With Justin and Madieu gone and others on their way out, and maybe some FA's to sign, who's your vote for that #1 guy?

Brooks, Joseph, Hall, Ndukwe, Geathers, Thurman, ECT???

Thurman has the most potential to be the leader of the Defense. If he comes to camp, does well, and produces in the pre-season winning his starting MLB position back; He's my pick!

The Duke, if he developes, seems to have the right kind of attitude to be a leader in time. Not sure about the leader, one of the LBer's maybe? Dhani hopefully plays his part this year. One of the more experienced players we have right now on D.

Leon Hall.

Leon's skills are awesome. Another 2 years and you may be dead nuts. He will force a LOT of turnovers because he has an eye for the ball.

I think between the two of us we are looking at different games, Leon Hall did nothing to impress me this year his interceptions were either on underthrown balls or balls that had been tipped by someone else. Everybody talks about Artrell Hawkins and how bad he was, Leon Hall is on the same level as Artrell Hawkins except that I think Artrell had more speed then Leon Hall. Artell Hawkins was never scared to come up and make the tackle on the running back the only problem with him is that he would run stride for stride with receiver but would never make a play on the ball to knock it down or intercept it, Leon Hall gets beat on one juke move and does not have the recovery speed to catch up after that, he is above average tackler for a defensive back but his coverage skills are not impressive you show me an interception he made where he locked somebody up and I will become a believer getting interception where you are burnt and the quarterback underthrows the receiver is wonderful for us but that's not impressive. The Bengals have not had a face for their defense because there defense has been horrible like forever, I could care who the face will be for the defense we could have the no name defense as long as their able to get people off the field consistently.

Leon Hall.

Leon's skills are awesome. Another 2 years and you may be dead nuts. He will force a LOT of turnovers because he has an eye for the ball.

I think between the two of us we are looking at different games, Leon Hall did nothing to impress me this year his interceptions were either on underthrown balls or balls that had been tipped by someone else. Everybody talks about Artrell Hawkins and how bad he was, Leon Hall is on the same level as Artrell Hawkins except that I think Artrell had more speed then Leon Hall. Artell Hawkins was never scared to come up and make the tackle on the running back the only problem with him is that he would run stride for stride with receiver but would never make a play on the ball to knock it down or intercept it, Leon Hall gets beat on one juke move and does not have the recovery speed to catch up after that, he is above average tackler for a defensive back but his coverage skills are not impressive you show me an interception he made where he locked somebody up and I will become a believer getting interception where you are burnt and the quarterback underthrows the receiver is wonderful for us but that's not impressive. The Bengals have not had a face for their defense because there defense has been horrible like forever, I could care who the face will be for the defense we could have the no name defense as long as their able to get people off the field consistently.

I'll have to get back with you on that, gotta go to the next job... Watch some of the clips if you can. Leon's hand is near the ball every single chance he gets. This is called ball skills and he's got 'em, he'll force many fumbles, int's, and defend a lot of balls beacuse of his natural niche for the ball. He wWAS a rookie, don't forget that either. 2-4 years is what it take to see his full potential.

You know, what's so funny about reading all these rants,??? We are still cleaning up the mess of drafting Chris Perry !! Odom,Starks, Granted Robertson was in '03, but lots of players rumored to come here, or not could have been here if not for the stupid selection of Perry !!

Ok, there's my I HaTe Chris Perry rant of '08. I can now officially get back to moving on with my life ! :D:D

Devils' Advocate time... <_<<_<

1. Who's up for trading Rudi ??

C'mon, now pretty deep class of running backs this year, Gotta at least entertain the thought. This of course would strictly be a draft day trade type of thing.

what do you think we get??

2nd, 3rd and a late pick,

Pick this year, and conditional picks next year???

Who's down For Trading Rudi?????? B)

Well the Bengals can only be 2 spots worse than last year...so on the bright side they can't fall very far.

Ndukwe is a smart guy....if he can continue to improve on the filed he would be a good leader...

This defense is going to suck though...unless they have an absolutely AMAZING draft they might be the worst defense in the league by a mile.

unless they have an absolutely AMAZING draft they might be the worst defense in the league by a mile.

Or, they might improve significantly with no player additions at all, simply because the worst DC in Bengal history was fired.

I'm not saying that we don't need players on the defensive side. I think the coaching staff recognizes that we do and it is why they are trying to get a DT in here before the draft. However, I think that a good DC replacing the putz that we have had for the last couple of years will be a bigger upgrade for the D than any single player could be.

unless they have an absolutely AMAZING draft they might be the worst defense in the league by a mile.

Or, they might improve significantly with no player additions at all, simply because the worst DC in Bengal history was fired.

I'm not saying that we don't need players on the defensive side. I think the coaching staff recognizes that we do and it is why they are trying to get a DT in here before the draft. However, I think that a good DC replacing the putz that we have had for the last couple of years will be a bigger upgrade for the D than any single player could be.

Damn I hope your right. I'm a big coaching guy myself, meaning that I think the coach is the #1 most important aspect of a team... Hopefully Zimmer is the NEW face of this Bengals Defense!